NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

View Poll Results: What web browser you use?
you use CHROME 19 35.85%
you use FIREFOX 23 43.40%
you use SAFARI 4 7.55%
you use (other) please post what you use. 7 13.21%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2015, 03:58 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Default Which BROWSER you use?

I use CHROME, but lately the plug-in has issues and crashes often. I recently found that something called NAPI is not recognizing and thatthe JAVA updates no longer work for Chrome 2014-15 since a few updates a while back. That the best solution is maybe choose Firefox or Safari. I have used Firefox in the past, but never used or heard of Safari.
What do you guys use or suggest???
Maybe this will also solve some chatroom issues as well.

Add:
i got 2 laptops, one uses Window7 and the other is Vista.
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 05-19-2015 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:15 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Google, but not Chrome

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 05-20-2015, 08:25 AM
bi11h00d

Firefox 36

I've been using Firefox for quite a few years and updated the version (from 26 to 28 ish) many months ago. After the update I have not been able to play many videos (html5 based from what I can tell). A friend of mine has the exact same Firefox version on Windows 7 (like me) but does not have a problem playing those same videos. I only mention this because you said you are having plugin problems and Firefox may or may not help, based only on my personal experience.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:14 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
I use CHROME, but lately the plug-in has issues and crashes often. I recently found that something called NAPI is not recognizing and thatthe JAVA updates no longer work for Chrome 2014-15 since a few updates a while back. That the best solution is maybe choose Firefox or Safari. I have used Firefox in the past, but never used or heard of Safari.

Add:
Safari is a Apple product. I use to consider it the Mac's version of IE. It came with the computer but I always quickly downloaded FireFox or Chrome to replace it. They did have a windows version but it was discontinued.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:33 AM

I use Firefox and the first extension I download and add on is AdBlock Plus (free, and it blocks most popups, although it doesn't block the ones on Net54 which I don't mind because those are often helpful for auctions).
Old 05-23-2015, 10:35 PM
Steve Birmingham

I use IE most of the time. (Win 7)

But I also use Firefox occasionally some sites work better with it.

I installed Chrome because a few people playing one of the games I play said it was better than either. Complete waste of time. A mildly balky game with memory leaks on either IE or Firefox was an unplayable mess on Chrome. I haven't used it since.

Steve B
Old 05-28-2015, 04:09 PM
FredYoung

I still seem to have the best results w/ IE, altho I do use Chrome on occasion. I have FireFox installed but have never even tried it.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:09 AM
Arnie

I use two. My first choice is the much-maligned AOL (which uses IE). I log into AOL and I just dont see why people knock it so much. To me the mail system in AOL is the most user-friendly and easy to use. However, I also use Chrome at times too.

Late this year or early next year I intend to get a new computer, and will get one with Windows 10, that should be an interesting experience for me, as my current computer still has Vista on it!!!!

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 09-14-2015 at 11:10 AM.
Old 09-14-2015, 04:36 PM
Banned

i use firefox and seem to have the best luck with it.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:21 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

These days, since I upgraded my refurbished Win 7 to Win 10, I find myself using IE. It has a reputation of being clunky on older OSs but now works great for me (as does the rest of my computer). You'll have to poke around on Win 10 to find it but it's there - MS would rather have you use Edge, which is stupit! Once you find it, pin it to your taskbar.

I also use Chrome from time to time...it's great for quick surfing.
Old 09-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

internet exp, windows 7
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-15-2015, 05:10 PM
Tim Sanders

Default Using Edge now

Test driving Edge since the upgrade to windows 10, but fall back to Chrome every now and then and Safari on my iPhone.
Old 10-24-2015, 02:20 PM
J0$H B^ck!ey

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post

Add:

Chris If I were you I'd overwrite your Vista OS with a Linux distro. The latest version of Ubuntu would work fine. And it's FREE. Much better OS than Vista.
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%