NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 07-13-2013, 05:57 AM
goudey1933's Avatar
goudey1933 goudey1933 is online now
scott altland
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: central PA
Posts: 212
Default OT :Ebay /paypal claim?

Here's the situation...I sold some books to 3 individuals ..one ended 4 days before the others so I waited until all ended then sent them out media mail.Yesterday I got a notice from paypal a claim was placed by the above said buyer.I probably should have messaged him about the slight delay but....I had no previous messages etc. from him.The individual will probably get his books within the next day or 2.
That said is there a way to go back to the PO and geta receipt proving it was sent.I hope this individual does the right thing when the books are delivered and rescinds the claim.How could this affect my ebay score.Whats upsetting is all the guy would have done is email me/look at my ebay reviews to know he wasn't being scammed.Lesson learned....tracking.No more free shipping from me.
thanks for any input.
Scott Altland

Last edited by goudey1933; 07-13-2013 at 06:00 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-13-2013, 06:40 AM
Gradedcardman's Avatar
Gradedcardman Gradedcardman is offline
Adam Goldenberg
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 1,276
Default Tough

Tough situation for you. There is no way I am aware to prove a package delivers without having used delivery confirmation or some other tracking method. I got burned on a 1959 Mantle a few years ago. From that point on I learned that eBay is very buyer friendly and the seller must always protect themselves.
__________________
Adam Goldenberg
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-13-2013, 06:55 AM
thehoodedcoder thehoodedcoder is offline
Kevin Qui.nn
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 780
Default

yes. even if you didn't pay for delivery confirmation. the post office still scans their packages.

they may not be super willing to fork over the information but it is possible if you get the right guy...on the right day to get you a print out verifying it was delivered.

kevin
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-13-2013, 06:59 AM
goudey1933's Avatar
goudey1933 goudey1933 is online now
scott altland
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: central PA
Posts: 212
Default

Thanks for the responses.Never had aproblem before.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-13-2013, 07:01 AM
Sean1125 Sean1125 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,203
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoodedcoder View Post
yes. even if you didn't pay for delivery confirmation. the post office still scans their packages.

they may not be super willing to fork over the information but it is possible if you get the right guy...on the right day to get you a print out verifying it was delivered.

kevin
This information is not even usable by post office employees and only gets pulled when a package is lost (even then they will not release it, just pull it up). I go to the post office about 5 times a week and speak with the managers/employees fairly often.

ANY ITEM SOLD VIA PAYPAL needs to have tracking. Under $250= Delivery Conf over $250= Signature Conf. If you do not have that and the buyer files a claim you will lose EVEN IF THEY ARE LYING.

I'm sorry but even if you offer free shipping you need to track it.... This is why I very rarely sell on e-bay and consign just about everything - you don't have to handle these problems.

Scott if the buyer says they didn't receive the goods you are SoL.... That's just how paypal works. Hope they do the right thing...
__________________
sean DOT bassik AT gmail DOT com

Last edited by Sean1125; 07-13-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-13-2013, 07:46 AM
goudey1933's Avatar
goudey1933 goudey1933 is online now
scott altland
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: central PA
Posts: 212
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
This information is not even usable by post office employees and only gets pulled when a package is lost (even then they will not release it, just pull it up). I go to the post office about 5 times a week and speak with the managers/employees fairly often.

ANY ITEM SOLD VIA PAYPAL needs to have tracking. Under $250= Delivery Conf over $250= Signature Conf. If you do not have that and the buyer files a claim you will lose EVEN IF THEY ARE LYING.

I'm sorry but even if you offer free shipping you need to track it.... This is why I very rarely sell on e-bay and consign just about everything - you don't have to handle these problems.

Scott if the buyer says they didn't receive the goods you are SoL.... That's just how paypal works. Hope they do the right thing...
Thats what I was afraid of.I'll check it out anyways.Thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-13-2013, 07:54 AM
goudey1933's Avatar
goudey1933 goudey1933 is online now
scott altland
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: central PA
Posts: 212
Default

Called PO...I'm Sol unless they do the right thing....luckily only a potential $62 lesson. Thanks for help guys.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-13-2013, 12:54 PM
kmac32's Avatar
kmac32 kmac32 is offline
Ken McMillan
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ponte Vedra, Florida
Posts: 2,029
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goudey1933 View Post
Here's the situation...I sold some books to 3 individuals ..one ended 4 days before the others so I waited until all ended then sent them out media mail.Yesterday I got a notice from paypal a claim was placed by the above said buyer.I probably should have messaged him about the slight delay but....I had no previous messages etc. from him.The individual will probably get his books within the next day or 2.
That said is there a way to go back to the PO and geta receipt proving it was sent.I hope this individual does the right thing when the books are delivered and rescinds the claim.How could this affect my ebay score.Whats upsetting is all the guy would have done is email me/look at my ebay reviews to know he wasn't being scammed.Lesson learned....tracking.No more free shipping from me.
thanks for any input.
Scott Altland
People are just rude. I have had situations where things took a couple of weeks to get to me and I do not pull that kind of crap. Once things are done, block the idiot. There is no place for these kind of games. Life is too short.
__________________
Favorite MLB quote. " I knew we could find a place to hide you". Lee Smith talking about my catching abilities at Cubs Fantasy camp.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-13-2013, 02:55 PM
thecatspajamas's Avatar
thecatspajamas thecatspajamas is offline
L@nce Fit.tro
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nashville
Posts: 2,311
Default

Have you tried reaching out to the buyer to explain that the package is on its way and should arrive to them soon? Sounds like he was a bit quick on the trigger with the claim, but the way eBay's "ask the seller a question" walkthrough is set up these days, it's very easy for a buyer to get shuffled into filing a claim. I've been getting at least 1 claim a week filed for the last 2-3 months, not because I'm negligent, but usually because somebody wants to know the tracking number on their package. It's unfortunate, but it's not the end of the world, and simply having a claim OPENED against you doesn't count against your record (not resolving it and having eBay rule against you will though).

My guess is that, once the package arrives, the buyer will either drop the claim, or forget about it until eBay sends them a reminder to close it out. Chances are, if the guy is buying a book from you, he's not a scammer (just speaking from experience, most scammers I have run across do not appear to be very well-read ). I hope it all works out!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-13-2013, 03:06 PM
goudey1933's Avatar
goudey1933 goudey1933 is online now
scott altland
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: central PA
Posts: 212
Default

Actually thats what peeves me the most...tried 3 times since yesterday around 4pm...no response.No matter the outcome I'm going to block him.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ridiculous Mile High Auction photo claim bmarlowe1 Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 10 01-20-2013 12:30 PM
New Policy Change at Paypal? Why would anyone use ebay/paypal going forward. sports-rings Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used 9 01-09-2012 06:33 PM
Fed-Ex/Mears Insurance Claim ruth-gehrig Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 20 11-24-2011 11:36 PM
O/T Paypal Only for eBay?! WHAT!! Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 2 05-13-2008 05:41 PM
This one beats the 'dead grandfather' claim hands down! Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 2 08-30-2006 02:14 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.


ebay GSB