NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-19-2013, 10:25 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Doesn't make sense to me, but you're certainly welcome to your opinion.

Individual sellers on Ebay do not make up Ebay policy. They use the platform just like any other tool. Advertising in SCD, setting up your own website, sending out your own price list, posting in the B/S/T on Net54.

It's not hard to separate trustworthy sellers, from untrustworthy ones.........though I suppose it's harder then just throwing everybody under the same bus.

Sorry if I offended you somehow.
no offense taken, I just don't support companies that sell fake crap. E-bay is making plenty of money "not" selling things and I don't want to feed anyone one red cent when I don't believe in what they're doing....especially gigantic conglomerates like e-bay. That's my only point.

Others on Fudd's Current banned List:

Waste Management
Verizon
American Express
E-bay ( on the ropes)

all for various reasons

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-19-2013 at 10:29 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
no offense taken, I just don't support companies that sell fake crap. E-bay is making plenty of money "not" selling things and I don't want to feed anyone one red cent when I don't believe in what they're doing....especially gigantic conglomerates like e-bay. That's my only point.

Others on Fudd's Current banned List:

Waste Management
Verizon
American Express
E-bay ( on the ropes)

all for various reasons

Fair enough. For the record, it does disturb me that Ebay is following through on this policy. The phrase "Beholden to the stockholders" usually does not bode well for the general public.

This, in tandem with yet another Ebay fee rate hike, Ebay deciding they want a chunk of the S&H costs, the recent Postage rate hikes (especially overseas items), and the continuing roadblocks Ebay puts up to reach their increasingly hard to obtain fee discounts, are going to eventually cost them both buyers and sellers alike.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:03 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

We're they really taking that big of a financial hit?? I think not...

@WSJ: EBay gave its CEO $29.7 million last year, up 80% from $16.5 million a year earlier. http://t.co/YuuKriU9tw $EBAY
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 03-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post

@WSJ: EBay gave its CEO $29.7 million last year, up 80% from $16.5 million a year earlier. http://t.co/YuuKriU9tw $EBAY
Maybe they're aiming for $40 mill next year.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:21 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Ebay is currently taking about 13% on straight auctions....They claim such and such is free, but that is all bs...they get you in the end.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM
Phil P

Default Sandy Koufax Autographs

I can only speak as a 25 year collector of just Sandy Koufax memorabilia. Many of the Sandy Koufax autographs on ebay listings are fake. At first I would email the sellers to remove item, and then advise ebay about the item if not removed. The last few months have been so bad with forgeries that it is now just out of control. Many COA's are a joke, and a few from even reputable people. Unfortunately it is a very sad part of our hobby.
Phil
Old 03-19-2013, 01:04 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post

It might not be a big financial hit but I would speculate that a lot of executives in ebay own stock in the company. If they can improve earnings, even a little bit, the stock goes up. So if they can keep a lot of items on the board that should be removed it helps the company's profits. If profits can beat the Wall Street estimates then every exec there who owns stock makes out very well.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Richard Simon

Ebay is now telling some EMR members that there has been a "technical bug" in the system and that is the reason for the failure to remove items that are being reported.
That "technical bug" has now lasted for quite some time.
Seems to me that with all their money they could have hired Bill Gates to come over and fix it.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-19-2013, 04:04 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Ebay is now telling some EMR members that there has been a "technical bug" in the system and that is the reason for the failure to remove items that are being reported.
That "technical bug" has now lasted for quite some time.
Seems to me that with all their money they could have hired Bill Gates to come over and fix it.

I hope it was a technical bug that sent out the e-mail with their new "Fee Updates".
Old 03-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Christopher Williams

Ebay has been removing auctions during the last 48 hours.
Old 03-20-2013, 07:08 AM
Richard Simon

Ebay has sent out e mails to EMR members blaming a technical issue for this problem. It seems that whether or not it was a technical issue bogus items are now being removed once again.
If it was a technical issue it sure took them a long time to fix it.
Let us hope it is a permanent fix.
--
Old 03-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Steve Zarelli

The "dancing in the streets" has been canceled.

Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Banned

lets hope they fix the protectionism of a few "favored sons" authentication companies who can 'cert no wrong'.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:45 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I hope it was a technical bug that sent out the e-mail with their new "Fee Updates".
lol, aint that the truth. The fact that free listings are adding up to 13% now is really getting carried away. I did notice that they were taking part of our shipping fees (LOL) what a rip off. It's like the other companies on my banned list.... spending out of control for their execs, but beat the stuffing out of their customers at EVERY TURN. Just like E bay. The more I think about it, the more I need to add E-bay to my banned company list.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:50 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
lets hope they fix the protectionism of a few "favored sons" authentication companies who can 'cert no wrong'.
At least we have a better chance now of comparing fact from fiction. With JSA & PSA having "protectionism" we will only be bombarded with the occasional horrible fake as opposed to near every damn listing.

It is much better this way. This way, we can pick-out a bad JSA or PSA items once in a while instead of looking at "Favorite Son" Christopher Moralass, & Tony "don't call me Jorge" Podsada specials all day long. It will keep the initial moron away at least.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
At least we have a better chance now of comparing fact from fiction. With JSA & PSA having "protectionism" we will only be bombarded with the occasional horrible fake as opposed to near every damn listing.

It is much better this way. This way, we can pick-out a bad JSA or PSA items once in a while instead of looking at "Favorite Son" Christopher Moralass, & Tony "don't call me Jorge" Podsada specials all day long. It will keep the initial moron away at least.

but you are wrong, we can't pick out a bad jsa or psa item, i can, no one else can, because no one else wants to and ebay isnt going to do anything about it.

morales isnt ebays favorite son, he is on the banned list. the bad psa and jsa items is every bit as horrible and bad as anyone else, they just have the right kind of cert for it to sell for hundred or thousands of dollars. its a fake of a higher order so to speak. a fake you can live with.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:02 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
but you are wrong, we can't pick out a bad jsa or psa item, i can, no one else can, because no one else wants to and ebay isnt going to do anything about it.

morales isnt ebays favorite son, he is on the banned list. the bad psa and jsa items is every bit as horrible and bad as anyone else, they just have the right kind of cert for it to sell for hundred or thousands of dollars. its a fake of a higher order so to speak. a fake you can live with.
LOL, "a fake you can live with".....once in a while you are a funny guy.

Moralass was Todd Muellers (et al) favorite son...him and his buddies on that little trash site of theirs, where you would contribute, the one you didn't get yourself kicked off of. The one that's back to a one way bash fest. The one with 3-5 complete blithering idiot losers running it. The one where Todd argued with me for 5 pages about how he knew Mantle and how that Mantle had rock solid Providence. Not one jack off over there came to my defense of this forgery. Just watching the guy in action is enough to stay away from him, IMHO

That's what the collector has become. Buying these certs only and not learning about what they are collecting. The collector these days are Anal as they come regarding these stupid certificates. That's why they are so easy to rip off. They are stupid, they continue to be stupid and there is no end in site to their stupidity.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-20-2013 at 10:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Richard Simon

Ebay is very erratic now with EMR reports.
Some are acted on, many are not.
Some are taking a very long time to get acted on.
This also is going on with cards, not just autographs.
Technical glitch??
Change of ebay policy??
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-22-2013 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:

I found a Roy Campanella stamped signature in a PSA/DNA tomb that I posted on this site. ebay most certainly took it down.

But there are still a lot of the fake Hank Aaron signed Front Row cards in tombs that are on the site.

Last edited by HOFAUTOS; 03-22-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:41 AM
Banned

that's the new slogan, thanks fudd, you cemented it,

psa and jsa certification, a fake you can live with!

i have now trademarked that phrase. t-shirts and hats coming right up.

i have a new parody song coming out soon.

to the music of "Born in the USA"

instead of springsteen's "born in the USA"

Buuuurned by P.S.A .

I was buuuuurned by P.S.A.

they make the rules up their own way,

I was buuuuurned by P.S.A.

more verses to come.

Last edited by travrosty; 03-22-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Scott

I love the Boss Mr. Roste, and need MORE VERSES
Old 03-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I love the Boss Mr. Roste, and need MORE VERSES

they are coming, they are coming,

burned by psa is going to the top of the charts.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:16 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Geez, Travis, what did PSA ever do to you, because that's quite a tear you are on. I mean, I dislike the Evil Empire immensely but you've taken it to a whole new place. Fess up now; did Joe O. beat you up and stuff you in a locker in middle school?

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Geez, Travis, what did PSA ever do to you, because that's quite a tear you are on. I mean, I dislike the Evil Empire immensely but you've taken it to a whole new place. Fess up now; did Joe O. beat you up and stuff you in a locker in middle school?
I would tend to think that since PSA has screwed up so much on boxing that Travis would be more than a little angered by that.
--
Old 03-22-2013, 01:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Not only that I think he took his lunch money too!!
Old 03-22-2013, 03:17 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

To many people have just let these guys skate by for financial or other reasons. I have no problem with Travis' post about PSA/DNA or JSA .....or how many times he wishes to shine the light under the rock.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
Banned

they screwed up so many times, especially on boxing, that i am more than a little peeved. it's the number of screwups and the total disregard for any type of due diligence that allows for the ridiculous screwups that has me miffed. so i am peeved and miffed. if you only knew the half of it.

They claim that they are the world experts, isn't that just stupid? the WORLD'S experts. yeah right. There is no one in Moscow or Abu Dhabi or Jakarta that can hold a candle to them!

Bob Fitzsimmons wife signs his name for him and the worlds experts give it a cert and STILL have it up on psaautographfacts.com even after being notified, and me and mark o. figured out fitzsimmons signature eons ago and we can tell the wife and manager signed but PSA can't and then they reject Mark's real signed Fitzsimmons signed photo?

I still don't know Steve Grad's qualifications to be any type of boxing autograph authenticator, or authenticator for anything and I have been searching. No one in the boxing collectibles hobby had ever heard of him before, now he is suppose to be overlord of all of us? And as much as I see them as a complete incompetant joke, I get a cold splash of water in my face by the equally bad outfit called JSA. I mean really. They won't show exemplars. Why? What do they have to hide? Maybe they can't face up to the fact they don't know what they are doing.

They are such a joke that the joke has run its course. time to pull the plug on this joke.

Last edited by travrosty; 03-23-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 07:39 PM
Richard Simon

Ebay is once again still not pulling autographs down that are being reported by EMR members.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-22-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:17 AM
Richard Simon

This item has been reported three times by EMR members to ebay, yet it still sits there.

--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-23-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ebay seller waikaloa Joe DiMaggio Forgery Roy Campanella

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...:X:RTQ:US:1123

This item has been reported three times by EMR members to ebay, yet it still sits there.
These are photos of the forgeries listed by Ebay seller waikaloa.

These are horrid. Check out the Joe DiMaggio, Gil Hodges, Tommie Agee, Ralph Branca, etc., forgeries.

waik-3.jpg

waik-4.jpg

waik-5.jpg

waik-6.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 03-23-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:34 AM
Shale Levine

The good news on that item Richard is that no one has bid on it YET! Those are the worst signatures I have seen.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyman55 View Post
The good news on that item Richard is that no one has bid on it YET! Those are the worst signatures I have seen.
I am thinking now that it is not really a modern day forgery but an instance of one of those pieces that was "signed" when the piece was new and someone was just trying to impress their kids or someone by showing them how many famous players signed the piece. The seller should know better though.
But if it is a modern forgery than it is just amazingly bad.
--
Old 03-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
When did this happen? I must have missed it if something was posted regarding his move. It does sound like with the change of head cop, the policies (or attentiveness to them) has changed, which is very disappointing.
Ebay never made this info public, they were probably looking to avoid negative publicity.
--
Old 03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
they screwed up so many times, especially on boxing, that i am more than a little peeved. it's the number of screwups and the total disregard for any type of due diligence that allows for the ridiculous screwups that has me miffed. so i am peeved and miffed. if you only knew the half of it.

They claim that they are the world experts, isn't that just stupid? the WORLD'S experts. yeah right. There is no one in Moscow or Abu Dhabi or Jakarta that can hold a candle to them!

Bob Fitzsimmons wife signs his name for him and the worlds experts give it a cert and STILL have it up on psaautographfacts.com even after being notified, and me and mark o. figured out fitzsimmons signature eons ago and we can tell the wife and manager signed but PSA can't and then they reject Mark's real signed Fitzsimmons signed photo?

I still don't know Steve Grad's qualifications to be any type of boxing autograph authenticator, or authenticator for anything and I have been searching. No one in the boxing collectibles hobby had ever heard of him before, now he is suppose to be overlord of all of us? And as much as I see them as a complete incompetant joke, I get a cold splash of water in my face by the equally bad outfit called JSA. I mean really. They won't show exemplars. Why? What do they have to hide? Maybe they can't face up to the fact they don't know what they are doing.

They are such a joke that the joke has run its course. time to pull the plug on this joke.
I certainly see your point. Had I been collecting Boxing, I'd have to admit it would rile my feathers too. Between the PSA/JSA, the actual forgers and the FDE Rubber stampers, I know all I need to know about the industry..... and the first line to your song should be "I was, burned by THE PSA". It flows off the tongue much better.
Old 03-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Richard Simon

Default Ebay wake up and see what is going on

This Mantle piece of crap sold for $399 despite multiple EMR reports:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTL...item257be90251

Now the same seller is offering another Mantle crap ball:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MICKEY-MANTL...item257c10b700
Look at those "M"'s ,,, these baseballs are not even Florida crap, Florida would be embarrassed to sell crap like this.

Ebay is asleep at the switch. The sellers now know they can do whatever they want without fear of punishment or removal of their bogus crap.

Enough is enough ebay.
You are going to be contributing to horrid damage to the autograph hobby.
You must stop this horrid policy, you must stop these sellers of bogus autographs.
When the Operation Bullpen sellers were flooding ebay with crap I took direct action.
The time is fast approaching to do something again.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-23-2013 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:34 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:

LOL!!!
Here is the response I received from the seller:

Hello, Thank you for your concern regarding our listing. Our reputation IS everything and we have listed a legit item with an honest description. We can personally verify the provenance of this listing and it is authentic.
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 03-23-2013, 01:53 PM
Richard Simon

ebay will claim that they are not responsible for what happens on its boards.
But when you have an EMR team that you have recruited, a team that works for nothing (except for their delightful Christmas gifts , the cheap water bottle did not keep cold drinks cold or hot drinks hot), then you are accepting the fact that bogus items are being listed on your board. You have to accept the responsibility for that and maintain at least minimal vigilance. They have stopped doing that. They have placed profit above all else. There is something wrong here and it must be stopped.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-23-2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
To many people have just let these guys skate by for financial or other reasons. I have no problem with Travis' post about PSA/DNA or JSA .....or how many times he wishes to shine the light under the rock.
Agreed. Right more often than wrong, so what. Everyone is subject to scrutiny. World Class Marketing skills do not equate to non-questioned expertise does it?

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 03-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Agreed. Right more often than wrong, so what. Everyone is subject to scrutiny. World Class Marketing skills do not equate to non-questioned expertise does it?

That is correct, they have a marketing machine to try to cover up their inadequacies. getting more right than wrong doesn't impress me. most people can do that. their "wrongs" are collosal wrongs that cannot be explained by making a 'simple mistake'.
Old 03-23-2013, 02:59 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
That is correct, they have a marketing machine to try to cover up their inadequacies. getting more right than wrong doesn't impress me. most people can do that. their "wrongs" are collosal wrongs that cannot be explained by making a 'simple mistake'.
Does your comment apply to Todd "Da Man" Mueller?
Old 03-23-2013, 06:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Does your comment apply to Todd "Da Man" Mueller?
he is not a third party authenticator, he is a dealer who backs up his offerings with a money back guarantee, psa, jsa guarantee nothing.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
he is not a third party authenticator, he is a dealer who backs up his offerings with a money back guarantee, psa, jsa guarantee nothing.
By the way, I was recently given a "badge of honor" by Travis, Mueller and their cowardly cronies.

More on this in the very near future.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Richard Simon

This merry go round keeps spinning, apparently they are removing autograph items again but the card side is still having problems.
--
Old 03-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Richard Simon

The merry go round will not stop. For the last 72 hours ebay has not acted on EMR reports.
The following has been sent to ebay:

"What the heck is going on ever there!!! I've been reporting this
crap for three days and they are still up!!! And my other reports are being
ignored, too. What is going on over there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

I don't know if the technical glitch has reared its ugly head again or ebay is really not giving a crap about EMR reports of bad autographs. Either way, it sux.
--
Old 03-30-2013, 04:11 AM

Quote:
LOL
Old 03-30-2013, 01:06 PM
Dan McCarthy

What does one do when they uncover a forger who has been active on ebay for a decade with thousands upon thousands of positive feedback?
Old 03-30-2013, 04:36 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by collectbaseball View Post
What does one do when they uncover a forger who has been active on ebay for a decade with thousands upon thousands of positive feedback?
When John G. was in charge of removing fraud you could have had something done.
Now you may as well be pissing in the wind.
--
Old 03-30-2013, 04:56 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Ebay seller turtle_t38 Babe Ruth Sigbned Baseball Drew Max Forgery

Quote:
When John G. was in charge of removing fraud you could have had something done.
Now you may as well be pissing in the wind.

The below was reported at least a dozen times.

The seller (turtle_t38) accepted a Best Offer of $1050.00.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Lo...p2047675.l2557

turtle-2.jpg

turtle-3.jpg

turtle-5.jpg

A few days later the buyer (now Ebay seller profe920) receives it and immediately lists (starting bid $1500.00) the Ruth, Gehrig and Cobb forgeries with a COA from Drew Max.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Babe-Ruth-Lo...-/221207861326

prof-2.jpg

prof-5.jpg
Old 03-30-2013, 04:59 PM
Richard Simon

And the merry-go-round keeps spinning.
--
Old 03-30-2013, 05:32 PM
Banned

ebay has gone round the bend, has been for awhile, it's favorites or get dumped.