NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-18-2016, 07:00 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default Don't bust my (base) balls on eBay

I have a few cards listed on eBay and one is relatively high ticket. I have Buy it Now on all of them, and on the expensive one I keep getting offers from one person (hopefully not a board member) who makes offers but accompanies them with these heavy handed confrontational type messages along the lines of "I am sure you realize when I cross this over to PSA its won't get this grade because they miss a lot of things" and "I can see from your prices you really don't want to sell this card," nonsense like that. As we say in Brooklyn, don't bust my balls. I'm not looking for a debate or a cross examination or a psychological assessment. If you want the card start off by not pissing me off with some head games. I wouldn't sell the card to this guy regardless of what he offers me.
OK, got that off my chest.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:17 AM
octavio ranzola

just block him
Old 11-18-2016, 07:41 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I have done a few hundred eBay transaction with very minimal aggravation, and my sales/purchases on BST here have been uniformly cordial and smooth. Just don't need to have my time wasted by some tire-kicker who thinks he's going to knock the card and educate me.
Old 11-18-2016, 07:51 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I have a few cards listed on eBay and one is relatively high ticket. I have Buy it Now on all of them, and on the expensive one I keep getting offers from one person (hopefully not a board member) who makes offers but accompanies them with these heavy handed confrontational type messages along the lines of "I am sure you realize when I cross this over to PSA its won't get this grade because they miss a lot of things" and "I can see from your prices you really don't want to sell this card," nonsense like that. As we say in Brooklyn, don't bust my balls. I'm not looking for a debate or a cross examination or a psychological assessment. If you want the card start off by not pissing me off with some head games. I wouldn't sell the card to this guy regardless of what he offers me.
OK, got that off my chest.
Sounds like a board member here.......
Old 11-18-2016, 07:58 AM
T0dd M@rcum

Quote:
I have done a few hundred eBay transaction with very minimal aggravation, and my sales/purchases on BST here have been uniformly cordial and smooth. Just don't need to have my time wasted by some tire-kicker who thinks he's going to knock the card and educate me.
I agree. Another big advantage is that you don't pay a listing fee. While one could argue you don't get the Ebay "protection" you can usually get a very good feel for who you're dealing with from their countenance on the forum. I have never had a problem on Net 54.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:18 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Like a lot of things in life, it's far easier to deal with an equally educated/informed person on the other side of the table. When both of you are starting from a position of a lot of information, you can just cut to the chase and avoid a lot of game playing.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:17 AM
Eric
Eric

Quote:

Agreed! BST has been great for me and the comments I have had about price have been worded well and I have actually learned from them. Plenty of douche rockets on eBay thinking they can get a low ball deal by talking their way into it. Many people apparently missed their calling in life to go into higher education!
Old 11-18-2016, 12:17 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

You have to have good manners and politeness with me in all areas of life. Life is too short for rude people. Happily, they are in the minority.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Luke Lyon

It comes with the territory. To get the most eyes on your item, it's smart to use ebay, but some of those people you'd rather not interact with. Ebay doesn't penalize you for just ignoring rude people and it will make your life better.
Old 11-18-2016, 01:19 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Recently, I have gotten interested in collecting T205s and trying T206 again. I would be happy to be able to make all of my purchases through the BST.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 11-18-2016, 01:24 PM
Dan Bretta

Slightly off topic here, but still related to ebay offers, why do people make offers ending in .99?
Old 11-19-2016, 05:52 AM
H Murphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowadoc77 View Post
Agreed! BST has been great for me and the comments I have had about price have been worded well and I have actually learned from them. Plenty of douche rockets on eBay thinking they can get a low ball deal by talking their way into it. Many people apparently missed their calling in life to go into higher education!
Awesome, "Douche Rockets", Instant Classic !
Old 11-19-2016, 11:43 AM
Larry Harris
Banned

Simply tell the person if he wants it,he'll have to pay for it!