NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 12-24-2016, 09:32 PM
S Vincent

Default Possible major screw up by me

I just bought this at Steiner in its closeout sale because I thought the price was really strong. But after buying it, I realized it wasn't authenticated by Steiner but just JSA.

Dang it. This is after the fact so I'm already screwed, but does this item look legit to you?

https://www.steinersports.com/produc...sort=asc-title
Old 12-24-2016, 10:47 PM
Kevin

I see a Steiner holo in the picture? Either way, having been there for several years and involved with signings, I can tell you these are OK. They were often signed to meet a signing contract, e.g Goose Gossage was brought in to do a public for 500 autographs and only had 100 public and 200 baseballs we would do photos and multi signed pieces like this to complete the commitment. The autos are fine, they are likely just trying to move these along now.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:51 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kco View Post
I see a Steiner holo in the picture? Either way, having been there for several years and involved with signings, I can tell you these are OK. They were often signed to meet a signing contract, e.g Goose Gossage was brought in to do a public for 500 autographs and only had 100 public and 200 baseballs we would do photos and multi signed pieces like this to complete the commitment. The autos are fine, they are likely just trying to move these along now.
Thanks for your response. Really appreciate it. I can't tell if that's a JSA holo or a Steiner one, but when I looked at eBay's Steiner page they have these but say it's JSA authenticated. I totally trust Steiner in terms of authenticity, but am not as confident in JSA.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:14 PM
Kevin

Looking through the names I see a TON of those guys did cobranded signings in and around the White Plains shows held by JPRS. JSA was on site for those JPRS shows. I personally witnessed this shot being signed by several players over the years including Yogi, Reggie, Cone and others. The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!

Last edited by Kco; 12-24-2016 at 11:14 PM.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:23 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
Looking through the names I see a TON of those guys did cobranded signings in and around the White Plains shows held by JPRS. JSA was on site for those JPRS shows. I personally witnessed this shot being signed by several players over the years including Yogi, Reggie, Cone and others. The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!
Thank you, sir. Makes me feel a lot better.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:32 PM
J@son.K

The link doesn't seem to work any longer. I think Steiner removed it.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:47 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by djson1 View Post
The link doesn't seem to work any longer. I think Steiner removed it.
They sold out along with a few other items. I will find the link from an eBay one to show you what it looks like.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:49 PM
S Vincent

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Yan...AAAOSwF1dUUqBT

Last edited by Baseball Fan; 12-27-2016 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-27-2016, 02:58 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fan View Post
Thank you, sir. Makes me feel a lot better.
I had to double quote to get both in here. Now what part makes you feel a lot better. The last line kills me "The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!". What does regardless of authenticity mean?

I understand what he meant by it but it really made me LOL when I read it. It is a beautiful piece, congrats on the pick up.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:12 PM
S Vincent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I had to double quote to get both in here. Now what part makes you feel a lot better. The last line kills me "The piece is good, enjoy it regardless of authenticity!!". What does regardless of authenticity mean?

I understand what he meant by it but it really made me LOL when I read it. It is a beautiful piece, congrats on the pick up.
Hahahaha. Yeah, it does sound funny but I knew what he meant.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:13 PM
J@son.K

This IS a nice piece. This must have been signed earlier in Mariano Duncan's career (?).
Old 12-27-2016, 03:23 PM
Kevin

Lol, after re-reading what I wrote, I should've said regardless of the fact that JSA or Steiner is on it. The signatures speak for themselves and it's a nice piece especially for the price.

Hope everyone had a nice Holiday!