NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-22-2017, 06:42 PM
Jamie

Default T206 Seymour Broad Leaf 460 on Ebay **WARNING SCAM**

It has come to my attention that a very nice PSA 4 Seymour with a Broad Leaf 460 back is now listed for sale on ebay....

The only problem is this is my card.. in my possession.. and I am not the seller.... hopefully the low feedback is enough to scare people away.. but i dont want to see a board member get scammed.. Please stay away from the below auction... if someone knows how to report this and get it removed that would be helpful to everyone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206...sAAOSwsXFZIp6z
Old 05-22-2017, 06:54 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunder19 View Post
It has come to my attention that a very nice PSA 4 Seymour with a Broad Leaf 460 back is now listed for sale on ebay....

The only problem is this is my card.. in my possession.. and I am not the seller.... hopefully the low feedback is enough to scare people away.. but i dont want to see a board member get scammed.. Please stay away from the below auction... if someone knows how to report this and get it removed that would be helpful to everyone.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-11-T206...sAAOSwsXFZIp6z
Thanks Jamie. I was getting ready to raise suspicion on this but you beat me to it. BTW, sweet card!!!
Old 05-22-2017, 06:58 PM

Jamie, thanks for posting. I saw this and was immediately interested but thought it was very wrong/odd that seller had no feedback and it was a 3 day auction. Very pretty card - congrats on owning it! And thanks again for the post.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:22 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hi Jamie

The same thing happened to me a couple of years ago with a valuable card in my collection. A Seller stole my scans from a post on Net54 and posted them on ebay.

Fortunately, an interested buyer (who was also a Net54 member and recognized the scans) contacted me to inform me of this scam.

I contacted ebay, and much to my surprise they swiftly put a stop to this Seller's scam.

Don't waist any time, contact ebay today.

TED Z
Old 05-22-2017, 07:33 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I reported it to eBay using "Fraudulent Listing Practices: Seller is selling an item they do not own"
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 05-22-2017, 07:40 PM
Jamie

here are my images.. the only 2 known seymour BL460s.. together in my collection

and some YB seymours for good measure..
Old 05-22-2017, 07:40 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
I reported it to eBay using "Fraudulent Listing Practices: Seller is selling an item they do not own"
It shows when I tried to do the same thing that it has already been reported.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 05-22-2017, 07:47 PM

Jamie is the one behind the scam...fabricated just so he can show off his cards.

Ha!
Old 05-22-2017, 07:57 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blunder19 View Post
here are my images.. the only 2 known seymour BL460s.. together in my collection

and some YB seymours for good measure..
Seriously? Dang! That's quite a spread.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I am sure someone at ebay has seen it. Hopefully it gets pulled. Great cards Jamie, show off ....(pot, kettle, black, kind of thing)....

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
It shows when I tried to do the same thing that it has already been reported.

Last edited by Leon; 05-22-2017 at 08:06 PM.
Old 05-22-2017, 08:42 PM

Great cards, glad to hear you're on it.

I don't have anything particularly rare but one of the reasons I don't post scans of the tpa labels in pickup threads. Don't want this kind of situation or to give information to a label forger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2017, 10:03 PM
Jamie

I just checked and the auction is still up and the bidding is over $1,000... i hope this gets pulled...

Hey Leon.. this is how we prove the ROI of being a board member.. how many thousands are saved by people knowing about scams in advance of a purchase thanks to this website..

I wonder what will be shipped to the winner....
Old 05-23-2017, 03:49 AM

Still active and up to $2,815.00 as I type this.

Successful sales transactions with jamorton215, gorditadogg, myerburg311, TAFKADixie, jimq16415, Thromdog, CardPadre
Old 05-23-2017, 04:01 AM
Chuck Price

That's me in the lead. Thank you Jamie for posting. That is one awesome card.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6416.jpg (7.9 KB, 199 views)

Drum Daddy, "10 Drum's and counting"
Green Cobb’s, “7 and counting “
Red Cobb’s, “12 and counting”
Working on my Ruth, Cobb, Joe Jackson, Gehrig, Wagner, Mantle collection
Old 05-23-2017, 04:47 AM
Archive

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietheexterminator View Post
That's me in the lead. Thank you Jamie for posting. That is one awesome card.
Well Chuck, that makes you the insurance policy then. Make sure you win the card, then refuse to pay.

What does it matter at this point you are going to get a negative feedback or a bid retraction either way.
Old 05-23-2017, 05:52 AM

As soon as I saw this listed, I reached out to "Seller" with a series of questions essentially asking who he/she was and how it was that they came to own this card and are now selling it under a username with zero feedback. I received a response (can post if desired) to the effect that dude found the card in an attic and a friend it was valuable so he listed it, and his historic ebay account had been hacked so he needed to use a new one; this response came last night at 4am, long after the fraud was posted on the board.

I just received the following email from ebay:

"Hello rhotch07 ,

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from ncahey through eBay's messaging system. This account was recently found to have been accessed by an unauthorized third party, who may have used the account in an attempt to defraud other members.

We've taken action to restore this account to the original owner, but wanted to let you know to be suspicious of any communication you may have received from them. Nothing is wrong with your account at this time – this message is just being sent as a precaution. If you have received any messages from ncahey that appears suspicious, please feel free to forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com for review.

-- Safety Tips --
-- Don't respond to the sender, through either eBay or your email provider, if the message is an offer to buy or sell an item. This type of offer may be fraudulent, and the transaction won't be covered by eBay protection programs.

- - If you received what appears to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on, and it appears in My Messages with the subject of "Message from eBay Member," it isn't a legitimate Second Chance Offer.

Real Second Chance Offers appear in My Messages with a blue background and subject that says, "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item...". Always check for both the blue background in My Messages and the subject line of "eBay Second Chance Offer for Item…" when responding to a Second Chance Offer.

-- Never pay for your eBay items using instant cash wire transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It is against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment with these methods, as these types of payments are unsafe if you're paying someone you don't know.

-- If You've Already Sent Payment or Shipped an Item --
- - If you already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, or if you're a seller who already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, we suggest you take the following steps:

-- Contact the payment service you used to make the purchase. If you paid by credit card, most card issuers provide consumer protections in instances of online fraud.

- - If you sold and shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the carrier you used to ship the item. You might be able to receive additional assistance from the shipping service. If it was sent through the United States Postal Service, you may want to file mail fraud charges. Please go to:
http://www.usps.gov/websites/depart/inspect/

- - Report the fraudulent buyer or seller both to law enforcement officials in your area, and in the area where the buyer or seller lives. To find law enforcement agencies by area, please visit:
http://www.usacops.com

When you contact a law enforcement officer, please explain the following:

- eBay will be happy to help with the officer's investigation.
- For more information on how the officer can contact eBay, go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter...forcement.html

-- You may also want to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3). The IC3 is a partnership between the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the National White Collar Crime Center. The IC3 will review complaints and refer information to the appropriate local, state, or federal agency. To file a complaint with the IC3, please go to:
http://www.ic3.gov/

We also need you to take a few minutes to provide more information related to the transaction. The information you provide will allow us to work more effectively with law enforcement should an investigation occur. Please go to:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/trans...side-eBay.html

Click the "Item Bought Outside of eBay" or "Item Sold Outside of eBay" link.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Thanks,

eBay
"
Old 05-23-2017, 06:11 AM
Ted Zanidakis

The listing no longer exists !
Old 05-23-2017, 07:42 AM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
The listing no longer exists !

A win for the good guys! Nice work Net 54!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:49 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

From a person in the know at ebay.... and Thanks to everyone who outs these frauds. It does help-

"I forwarded it on to our risk team that worked overnight as the details on the page were not adding up, great to hear they took action. ......... Glad I could help!"

Last edited by Leon; 05-23-2017 at 11:50 AM.