NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-25-2016, 01:02 PM
Mark V.

Great stuff as usual. I have run out of new adjectives to use.
I would definitely be interested in another raffle

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 04-04-2016, 12:05 PM
Billy H

Wow! That Lincecum is amazing! Your work just keeps getting better and better!
Old 06-18-2016, 03:01 AM
John Mavroudis

Just think this absolutely incredible thread warrants the occasional bump... because of reasons...

Brilliant work, as usual...

The Mays and the Freak are both outstanding... (so is pretty much everything else in this thread...) VERY inspiring work, my friend.

Some day, like everyone around here dreams, maybe I'll be able to own one of these beauties. Cheers!

www.zenpop.com
Old 07-25-2016, 07:07 PM

I haven't been active on this forum in sometime however when I logged on I knew I had to check out this thread. Even more amazing stuff, keep it up! Hopefully I could eventually justify the cost of one to have for myself.

-Adam
Old 07-25-2016, 08:34 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basebill View Post
Wow! That Lincecum is amazing! Your work just keeps getting better and better!
Big Timmy fan, here. It's looking like he should have retired.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:49 PM

Wow Graig, that hockey image is one of your best works....and that's not easy to say, considering all your other mind numbing work!

Rob M
Old 12-20-2016, 02:37 PM
Derek Granger

Holy smokes! This is my first chance to see this thread (as I never venture to the memorabilia side) and I am blown away! The hockey scene is absolutely amazing, and I'm a baseball guy through and through!

I just spent about two hours going through this thread...and my jaw is still glued to the floor. What great eye candy! Thanks for sharing your amazing work with us!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv)...........: 192/317 (60.6%)
HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv or Multi): 224/317 (70.7%)
1911 T332 Helmar Stamps..: 174/180 (96.7%)
1923 V100 Willard's Choc....: 45/180 (25.0%)
Old 12-20-2016, 08:57 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post

Bill Barilko, April 21, 1951, 36" x 52"

This was commissioned by a board member a LONG time ago. Like, I'm embarrassed to say how long ago. But it was my first venture into the world of hockey. And though it was a blast to paint, it was also HARD. I neglected to realize how much closer spectators are to the ice and players than they are in the world of baseball - there are a LOT of faces in there.

Also, the general lighting scheme (dealing with flash photography) and the reflections on the ice proved to be a nightmare. But I'm very pleased with how it came out. I'm hoping that the fella who commissioned it absolutely loves the thing - lord knows he's waited long enough for it!

The moment is Bill Barilko's Stanley Cup winning goal from 1951, with the Leafs triumphing over Montreal in overtime of the 7th game. For those who don't know, Barilko would die in a plane crash only a few months later. Interestingly enough, Toronto failed to win another cup in the 1950s, and wouldn't do so until two months before the wreckage of the plane was found in 1962.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Holy smokes! This is my first chance to see this thread (as I never venture to the memorabilia side) and I am blown away! The hockey scene is absolutely amazing, and I'm a baseball guy through and through!

I just spent about two hours going through this thread...and my jaw is still glued to the floor. What great eye candy! Thanks for sharing your amazing work with us!
Makes it all that more special knowing what Graig had to endure painting that one!
I just saw it recently too, and like you, I was blown away even more (which I didn't think was possible?) by it that I have been with some others!

Truly one of the best artists/painters of our time, bar none!
Old 12-20-2016, 10:25 PM

Great job with the shadows and reflections on the ice. Those are often striking features of older NHL photos.

Last edited by icollectDCsports; 12-20-2016 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-16-2017, 02:02 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

It's been a few months since I've updated this thread, so I thought I'd throw in some stuff that I've completed since then.

Fred Tenney, 1897, 12" x 16"

Honus Wagner, 1902, 16" x 22"

Ty Cobb, 1916, 18" x 18"

José Méndez, 1923, 9" x 12"

Yankees, July 4, 1927, 44" x 66"

Josh Gibson, 1935, 22" x 28"

Jose Bautista, October 14, 2015, 18" x 24"

I was absolutely thrilled to finally tackle the Wagner painting, as I've had my eye on finishing it up for years. Same goes for the Méndez. And finishing the '27 Yankees? The damn thing nearly killed me. PhilNap can attest to that.

Either way, I'm still pretty darn behind when all is said and done. Fatherhood has most certainly changed how much work I can get done on any given day, so I'm doing my best to find a decent balance. I have to give thanks to a lot of clients who have been super patient with me, too. It's great that they know that this sort of stuff can't be rushed or half-assed, even if it means waiting much longer for their paintings as originally anticipated.

I'm also thrilled to make it known that I've been working with a client who has commissioned a large number of color studies featuring Negro and Cuban Leaguers (which some of you might have seen on social media), all of which we are hoping to be part of a traveling museum exhibit in 2019 and 2020. He's even been in the process of securing licensing rights with the majority of the featured ballplayers, including Gibson, Paige, Robinson, and a plethora of others - so finally, a book featuring my artwork might really be in the future (fingers crossed). I'll reveal more information on all of this stuff as I'm allowed to.

As per usual, thank you everyone for all of your love and support - it's all so very appreciated. And if you have any comments, questions or problems with any of the stuff posted (or anything in general), feel free to PM/email me and/or make it known on the thread.

And thanks for reading!!

Graig

Last edited by GKreindler; 07-19-2017 at 05:00 AM.