NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Alex

Default I have a Sandy Koufax recording

Back when I was in college one my professors brought Sandy Koufax to class. He answered questions for about 70 minutes. I recorded it as an MP3. If anyone is interested in listening to it let me know.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:15 PM
Richard Cline

I wonder if some our techie people could show you how to link it to the site?
RC
Old 02-26-2013, 06:42 PM

Send me the file and I can get it uploaded online...
Old 02-26-2013, 06:48 PM
Alex

How can I do that, it's a big file?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:36 AM

Put it on a cloud somewhere so I can access it or pick any of the free file sharing websites and I will get it fixed up and easy to listen to.
Old 02-27-2013, 06:44 PM
Alex

Thanks to Sean1125 the file can be listened to at the following link. Koufax is incredibly soft spoken so you will have to turn up your speakers.

http://chirb.it/sA7x6M
Old 02-27-2013, 08:38 PM
Hank

Very Interesting!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-02-2013, 07:13 AM
Phil P

Default Sandy Koufax audio

Thanks very much to Alex for sharing and Sean for placing this fabulous Sandy Koufax audio tape.. It was very enjoyable !!
Kudos to both of you!
Phil
Old 03-02-2013, 07:08 PM
Alex

Default How I obtained the recording.

Below is the backstory of this recording came to be.

I attended college at the University of Central Florida in Orlando, FL. In the spring of 2006, I was fortunate to take an honors symposium co-talk by a history professor and the then provost, Richard Astro. The class was called the history and literature of baseball. Throughout the semester the professors brought in various speakers. One of the speakers was Sandy Koufax.

Years before I took the class, Astro was a professor at Drexel, where he now teaches. He had a passion for sportsa and began a program to work with professional baseball players on their college degrees. When he first got started he mailed letters to various club officials and players. One of the players who wrote back was Sandy Koufax. They have been friends ever since.

In the middle of the semester the university chartered a bus to a Mets spring training game. We were supposed to meet with GM Sandy Alderson but he backed out at the last minute. After the game we went to the coast and met with Koufax in the clubhouse of his condo.

I knew that Koufax was notorious for staying out of the spotlight and I really didn't know what to expect. Needless to say I was surprised by what I saw when he walked. He stood tall and tanned. His athletic body resembled a man many years younger.

For the next 70 minutes Koufax very candidly answered whatever questions we had to ask (except one). He has a very softspoken voice so your readers will probably need to turn up their speakers to hear him at times. When it was time to leave Koufax took photos and signed autographs with anyone who asked.

I left amazed by his story and humility about the many amazing feats he accomplished. He is a marvelous man.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:23 AM
Phil P

Default Sandy Koufax audio

Alex : What a nice memory to have from not only one of the best pitchers of all time, but a great human being as well... Thanks again for sharing!
Phil