NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-10-2010, 03:05 PM

Default Henry Yee's Auctions are Live...

and will start closing Sunday, Mon, Tues, and Wed.

Photo collectors...there are a ton terrific photos and lots of neat pieces of memorabilia as well...

http://tinyurl.com/yejadyt
Old 04-10-2010, 06:47 PM
Anthony

Jimmy, thanks for the heads up. I bought a great photo during his last auction and this current auction has some great items. I've got my eye on a few.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:06 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Same here... thanks for the heads up, Jimmy!

The memorabilia offerings are a bit light, but some spectacular photos to be sure. I think I sent my snipe service into overload, inputting them all. Henry's stuff never goes cheap, so if I can actually win just a couple, that would be great.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:30 PM

Your right Mark. I'm hoping to win 30% of my solid attempts. You know, it sure does seem like some of them always fall through the cracks. With over 1600 auctions it's bound to happen. It took me awhile, but I finally figured that out.

It's simply evident that you can't get a bargain if you don't make a bid. Too many times I kicked myself in the ass for not placing a bid on something that went for much less than I'd thought it would go for.

Of course I tried to justify it by telling myself that, who knows how much the winner had it capped for? True, but I finally realized that one thing is certain... I'll never know until I start placing bids on them.

Best of luck to you Mark, and to you as well Anthony!

BTW... if I remember it right Anthony, in Henry's last auction, we both ended up with one of those terrific Koufax No-Hitter photos!
Old 04-11-2010, 02:10 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

That's exactly right.... you never know until you bid. I always wonder what the ceiling bid was, when I see an item go for much less than market value. I have kicked myself more than a few times!

This time around, I think that Henry's post-war photos might actually trump the early ones. Just so many great images and historically significant representations. I would refer to a few specifically, but don't want to "out" any auctions that people are still hoping to win.

Should be fun to see what happens over the next few days... So far, the bids seem low, but that means nothing (as we all know!)
Old 04-11-2010, 03:23 AM

I'm sorry to bring this up here since it is slightly off topic, but it does concern one of Mr. Yee's auctions.

I collect mostly basketball and found this James Naismith photo, but I don't think that it is Naismith. It looks like the subject in the photo was mis-identified when this photo was restruck. What are your opinions?

Here's a link to the auction and a Naismith photo. The James Naismith I know is on the left.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_3178wt_1070

Old 04-11-2010, 03:36 AM

[QUOTE=wpeters;798893]I'm sorry to bring this up here since it is slightly off topic, but it does concern one of Mr. Yee's auctions.

I collect mostly basketball and found this James Naismith photo, but I don't think that it is Naismith. It looks like the subject in the photo was mis-identified when this photo was restruck. What are your opinions?

[QUOTE]

Absolutely contact Henry via ebay, and send him the image you have. He certainly will want to know.

Best, Jimmy

Last edited by thekingofclout; 04-11-2010 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:33 AM

Default I took the inititive and contacted Henry Regarding a net54 board members concerns...

if one of Henry's auctions was Dr. Naismith or not. Being a man of tremendous character, Henry pulled the item at once. The following is Henry's addendum to his auction page just moments prior to pulling the auction.

Just one more reason, he has my business for life.

Regards, Jimmy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On Apr-11-10 at 04:02:49 PDT, seller added the following information:

ADDENDUM

This photo might NOT be James Naismith.

As a result, we have pulled this lot from our auction.

If you have any further questions, never hesitate to contact us.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely, Henry

Last edited by thekingofclout; 04-11-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 04-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Anthony

good job wpeters & Jimmy for noticing and letting Henry know about the error in the listing. He is top notch.

Yes, I did pick up the Koufax print. However, if I am correct your photo of Koufax was in a placed in a magazine. The picture I grabbed was good but it had the back of this reports huge head off to the side . Anyway, I like mine a lot but the picture you got of Koufax walking out to the mound in the 9th is killer!
Old 04-11-2010, 10:37 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Nice work jimmy

I hope i can at least win a couple photos in this one...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekingofclout View Post
if one of henry's auctions was dr. Naismith or not. Being a man of tremendous character, henry pulled the item at once. The following is henry's addendum to his auction page just moments prior to pulling the auction.

Just one more reason, he has my business for life.

Regards, jimmy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on apr-11-10 at 04:02:49 pdt, seller added the following information:

Addendum

this photo might not be james naismith.

As a result, we have pulled this lot from our auction.

If you have any further questions, never hesitate to contact us.

Sorry for the confusion.

Sincerely, henry

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 04-12-2010, 05:57 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Let's get ready to rumble!

Here we go in t-minus 5 minutes!

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 04-15-2010, 09:37 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

can someone tell me how often Henry has his auctions?
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 04-15-2010, 01:26 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I think it's twice a year - thrice at the most. Someone else here can confirm I am sure...
Old 04-15-2010, 01:41 PM

Default Auction House Fees....NOT!

It just occurred to me that by buying the several terrific pieces I won from Henry Yee's Auction that just ended, I SAVED approximately $750 in Auction House Fees !!!!

I don't know about you, but I can certainly use the cash to go and buy more cool stuff!

Just my .02

My best, Jimmy
Old 04-24-2010, 08:14 PM

Default Unusual early Mets Nolan Ryan photos

I'm late to post on this thread, but I only just now received these. I picked up two great original B/W shots of Nolan Ryan in Henry Yee's auction from his stint with the NY Mets:
1) This is the earliest photo that I own in my collection of Ryan wearing Mets # 30. Although 1968 was Ryan's true Rookie season, he pitched in two games in 1966 wearing the uniform # 34. In 1967 Ryan spent the season in the minor leagues, serving in the army reserves and on the disabled list. I found this shot of Ryan and his Mets teammates very entertaining as they all strain to check out the 1960's bikini babe's action as she is demonstrating the finer aspects of stretching! Hopefully none of them ended up sustaining career ending neck injuries!

2) A great shot of Ryan doing situps before the 1969 Word Series with an empty Shea Stadium looming in the background. I love this shot!! Enjoy, for those of you that didn't see these....
Old 04-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Anthony

Scott,

Congratulations on your 2 Ryan pick-ups. I've noticed you've had some really impressive Ryan items and they will look great in your collection.

I was an underbidder on the Mets Spring Training photo w/ the girl in the bikini. I'm a big Tom Seaver fan and the look on his face in that photo is priceless. Down the road if your interested in selling it send me a message.

Regards,

Anthony