NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-03-2018, 09:42 PM
Aquarian Sports Cards Aquarian Sports Cards is online now
Scott Russell
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,417
Default The weird &*$#! That runs through my head...

Do you think Hank Allen ever considered playing in Japan just to hear himself announced as Hank Aaron?

How about you? What weirdness lurks in your brain?
__________________
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:46 AM
SAllen2556's Avatar
SAllen2556 SAllen2556 is offline
Scott
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Detroit
Posts: 355
Default

I have a long commute to work. This pops in my head usually once a day.....

A guy comes home from work in the middle of the day and catches his wife in bed with another man. He pulls out a gun and shoots them both dead. A horrible, tragic event, but I do understand why the guy did it. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

But why someone cruises in the far left lane of a 3 or 4 lane wide freeway without passing someone - that is something I just can't wrap my brain around. Why? What possible rational explanation can there be? THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING! Do you enjoy getting tailgated? Do you enjoy getting cut off as cars swerve around you? Do you enjoy blocking 10 cars behind you when there's traffic? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

I want to follow the person home and just politely ask them, "why?" Just give me some sort of rational explanation so I can get on with my life.....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2018, 09:56 AM
Bill77 Bill77 is offline
Bill Avery
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 202
Default

Ever since the Ice T/Lemonade commercial I have often wondered if Ice T drinks his body weight in lemonade would he become Arnold Palmer?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2018, 10:41 AM
bnorth's Avatar
bnorth bnorth is offline
Ben North
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 4,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
I have a long commute to work. This pops in my head usually once a day.....

A guy comes home from work in the middle of the day and catches his wife in bed with another man. He pulls out a gun and shoots them both dead. A horrible, tragic event, but I do understand why the guy did it. I don't agree with it, but I understand it.

But why someone cruises in the far left lane of a 3 or 4 lane wide freeway without passing someone - that is something I just can't wrap my brain around. Why? What possible rational explanation can there be? THE LEFT LANE IS FOR PASSING! Do you enjoy getting tailgated? Do you enjoy getting cut off as cars swerve around you? Do you enjoy blocking 10 cars behind you when there's traffic? WHAT ARE YOU THINKING? I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!

I want to follow the person home and just politely ask them, "why?" Just give me some sort of rational explanation so I can get on with my life.....
I asked 2 people about this. One is my cousin who lives in a big city with a lot of 3,4, and 5 lane roads. The other was a friend who I was riding with that lives in a little town.

Both gave me the same answer. Driving in the right lane scares the hell out of them because of all the people getting on and off the road.

I am with you if you are driving in the left lane speed up or get the hell out of the way.
__________________
T210 Series 3 Ft Worth, looking for low end examples and especially ones with a Y shaped hole punch. I also have some extra T210's for trade.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2018, 03:38 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 4,646
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Do you think Hank Allen ever considered playing in Japan just to hear himself announced as Hank Aaron?

How about you? What weirdness lurks in your brain?


Since I laughed out loud, I have to chalk that up as a guilty pleasure!


.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2018, 07:55 PM
Aquarian Sports Cards Aquarian Sports Cards is online now
Scott Russell
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,417
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill77 View Post
Ever since the Ice T/Lemonade commercial I have often wondered if Ice T drinks his body weight in lemonade would he become Arnold Palmer?
That's the spirit!
__________________
Great experience buying from edjs and mybuddyinc. Check out my ebay store, weird, eclectic, accurate, and reasonable! http://stores.ebay.com/Aquarian-Sports-Cards Also check out http://www.birminghamauctioneers.com
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2018, 10:04 PM
The Cardfather's Avatar
The Cardfather The Cardfather is offline
Charles
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 220
Default

Everyone knows that Clark Kent wears his Superman suit under his regular clothes. But where does he keep his cape? Doesn't it get all bunched-up at his rear end?

These are the types of questions that keep me awake at night.
__________________
.

- Charles

Check out my collection..........
http://ImageEvent.com/The_Cardfather
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-07-2018, 02:39 PM
samosa4u's Avatar
samosa4u samosa4u is offline
Ran.jh D.
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Toronto
Posts: 362
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post

How about you? What weirdness lurks in your brain?
Too much to write about
__________________
Always looking to buy or trade for vintage hockey, soccer, boxing and non-sports.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-08-2018, 07:15 AM
familytoad's Avatar
familytoad familytoad is offline
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Ridgefield, WA
Posts: 1,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cardfather View Post
Everyone knows that Clark Kent wears his Superman suit under his regular clothes. But where does he keep his cape? Doesn't it get all bunched-up at his rear end?

These are the types of questions that keep me awake at night.
Ill find out for you. I know a guy who knows a guy...
Its an excellent question
__________________
Thanks!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

See my SGC HOF Collection here:
http://www.sgccard.com/customsetcomposition.aspx?id=463
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-08-2018, 07:59 PM
RedsFan1941 RedsFan1941 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 780
Default

why did the Flintstones celebrate Christmas?
__________________
R0nnie L3hman
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who's got the RUNS?💩 Rookiemonster Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 4 06-27-2016 07:00 AM
Runs ullmandds Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 45 05-13-2016 12:59 AM
Back Runs JohnP0621 Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 25 04-22-2015 01:48 AM
Anyone know who runs this site? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 09-03-2005 10:20 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.


ebay GSB