NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Administrator

Default PSA and their rudeness....

Posted By: josh

I don't understand why they get away with how they treat their customers. I know a lot of people including myself that have had nothing but problems with their service. I have had to call them many times and every time they are very rude and short on the phone. They are nothing but a hassle to deal with. Am I better off using SGC? It amazes me how PSA can act and it isn't just me everyone I know says the same thing....

Old 09-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Dale

Change companies...the sad thing is you might get the same from everyone except GAI and thats probably not the place to go.

Old 09-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I don't mind you/anyone speaking your/their piece but you do need to put your full name, and email address, by your post if you want to make those kinds of remarks. Nothing personal...please edit them or put your name and email address in the post, per the forum rules. It's for everyone's safety.....thanks much

Old 09-04-2007, 04:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul Griggs

I once talked to PSA's customer service manager Laura Rosenberg. I was surprised at her lack of skill & her attitude in dealing with customer issues. I believe the problem starts with the service manager & trickles down from there.

Paul Griggs
paulgx3@yahoo.com

Old 09-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Caitlin Weatherhead

Just curious as to what the general consensus is with regard to using G.A.I.'s services. If they are to be avoided why is that the case?

Thanx
Caitlin Weatherhead
gawesquire@yahoo.com

Old 09-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Old 09-04-2007, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim Newcomb

But it sounds like PSA's CS problems go a lot deeper than the average client-based business--

Old 09-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Why in the world should I have have to learn the ins and out of how to work the PSA CS system in order to get treated properly and with respect? That is bass ackwards way of doing CS. It should be as simple ans straight forward as possible for the customer. The company should be doing the work to make things better and easier for the customer, not the other way around.

Jay

The richest person is not the one who has the most, but the one who needs the least.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I am curious as to how many times you have a problem before your realsize you should go elsewhere when there is alternatives. How much is it worth to continually go through the hassle. Until you people stop using there service nothing will change.

My personal experience with SGC is only minor problems that were fixed without a problem or extra time or expense.

Lee

Old 09-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Lee, it's simply a matter of the Registry and the perceived higher resale numbers of PSA cards. At this point, I believe the latter issue is now dead even at best for PSA. The Registry issue does drive many to PSA regardless of their faults. Eventually, in my mind, PSA will be responsible for one blunder too many and they will take a hit which will leave SGC on top.

Old 09-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

PSA's customer service is by far the worst of ANY organization with which I've dealt. Unfortunately, I like their slabs the best, so I gotta live with it until SGC or GAI grows on me...

Old 09-05-2007, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rand

what do you like about their slabs??? the cards look aweful with the clear sides, the bright red sticker stands out to much, and the cases are flimsy, most of the time they dont even get the proper size holder for the cards....

Old 09-05-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: rand

i would think most people could put together any set with cards already slabbed for the registry, psa is really expensive to submit to (IMO) at some point wouldnt submissions go down due to the amount of cards on the market????

Administrator

Posted By: Mark L

Jeff
If there is parity, it is limited to certain sets, such as some of the early E sets. The later E sets, however, are a different story.

Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

Maybe it's just the brand recognition. They're also easiest to store and seem to take up the least amount of space (albeit marginally)...SGC's "storage boxes" are a joke and I don't think GAI has anything comparable.

Old 09-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Mark, I think in the case of most if not all prewar cards SGC's resale value is equal to PSAs. Different story with the highly competitive Registry sets.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kramer

I've used PSA and SGC and must say that I've always had great responses from SGC.

Recently after encountering a problem with PSA... a simple email to Joe Orlando got me a return email from him the same day and a phone call from Customer Service.

It appears my issue was resolved that day and I'm pleased with the response.

I prefer PSA's holders, set registry and resale value for my collection... go PSA!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...it has always been about consistency of grading and the money-backed guarantee. The attractiveness of the customizable holders is a huge plus. And, frankly, the fact that you don't have to belong to some membership community is also a big factor.

Since I now collect autographed pre-war cards, the shifting of James Spence from PSA/DNA to SGC has been a coup for me.

You can play the registry game and the resale game all you want, but ultimately the registry game will have huge holes in it as a result of SGC crossovers and PSA resubmissions. With that and SGC's growing fanbase, the resale issues will diminish.

I once insisted on PSA cards for my T206 collection. But I personally found the grading to be really inconsistent -- a PSA 6 with a corner crease, e.g., or a PSA 5 with obviously trimmed edges. When I got 40 PSA graded T206 cards crossed by SGC, they wouldn't cross 10 of them because of minimum grading issues (like creases in 5's and a 6) or trimming. That was enough for me to really avoid PSA graded T206 cards, unless I desperately needed an example or got a good deal.