NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey / Basketball / Tennis Cards Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-06-2017, 10:43 AM
nicknock-2013's Avatar
nicknock-2013 nicknock-2013 is offline
Neil
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 259
Default Usa! Usa! Usa!

As an American, and as a hockey fan since my roller- ice hockey days in the Bronx there is nothing better than laying the humbling lumber on our our Canadian neighbors to the north.
Congrats to Team USA! I'd call that a sweet upset victory over Team Canada.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Last edited by nicknock-2013; 01-06-2017 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Correct heading
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-06-2017, 10:45 AM
nicknock-2013's Avatar
nicknock-2013 nicknock-2013 is offline
Neil
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 View Post
As an American, and as a hockey fan since my roller- ice hockey days in the Bronx there is nothing better than laying the humbling lumber on our our Canadian neighbors to the north.
Congrats to Team USA! I'd call that a sweet upset victory over Team Canada.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk


Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-06-2017, 10:46 AM
nicknock-2013's Avatar
nicknock-2013 nicknock-2013 is offline
Neil
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 259
Default

I need an editor. USA should respectfully be capitalized. No disrespect intended.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 View Post
As an American, and as a hockey fan since my roller- ice hockey days in the Bronx there is nothing better than laying the humbling lumber on our our Canadian neighbors to the north.
Congrats to Team USA! I'd call that a sweet upset victory over Team Canada.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
That was a great game but hate how it ended.

Imo, it shouldn't have went to a shootout. Both sides fought and battled and both were out of gas so it's a shame it had to end the way it did.

Congrats to the U.S.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-07-2017, 07:49 AM
jim jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 970
Default Hockey

The one and only time during the hockey year when I like to see Don Cherry feel dejected. I can't wait to hear him tonight. Otherwise, he is an absolute treasure to watch.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-07-2017, 11:17 AM
RTK's Avatar
RTK RTK is offline
Rick
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Northern Illinois
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
The one and only time during the hockey year when I like to see Don Cherry feel dejected. I can't wait to hear him tonight. Otherwise, he is an absolute treasure to watch.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. It was one of the most entertaining games I've watched. So happy the US won...it wouldn't be much of a tournament if Canada won every year. I agree, too bad it had to end with a shootout.

The growth of hockey in the states is great, I hope it continues.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-07-2017, 01:37 PM
jim jim is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 970
Default growth

hockey is here to stay. with great young, responsible and mannered kids in Canada/USA/world playing the sport, the future is bright. for some reason, i don't mind the Habs winning the Cup but it would kill me to see the Leafs win it all.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-07-2017, 02:46 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
The one and only time during the hockey year when I like to see Don Cherry feel dejected. I can't wait to hear him tonight. Otherwise, he is an absolute treasure to watch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTK View Post
LOL, I was thinking the same thing. It was one of the most entertaining games I've watched. So happy the US won...it wouldn't be much of a tournament if Canada won every year. I agree, too bad it had to end with a shootout.

The growth of hockey in the states is great, I hope it continues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim View Post
hockey is here to stay. with great young, responsible and mannered kids in Canada/USA/world playing the sport, the future is bright. for some reason, i don't mind the Habs winning the Cup but it would kill me to see the Leafs win it all.
Glad to hear Hockey is gaining popularity south of the border. Of course I am biased but I believe it to be one of the best sports around.

Despite some peoples views of Don Cherry, their currently isn't a smarter man in hockey, imo. Wish some of the fools Cherry rants about would listen for a change.

Last edited by irv; 01-09-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-08-2017, 08:34 PM
nicknock-2013's Avatar
nicknock-2013 nicknock-2013 is offline
Neil
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Glad to hear Hockey is gaining popularity south of the border. Of course I am biased but I believe it to be one of the best sports around.

Despite some peoples views of Don Cherry, their currently isn't a smarter man in hockey, imo. Which some of the fools Cherry rants about would listen for a change.
Best game in the world. Can't really be appreciated until you've seen a game live and in person. Toughest athletes, yet humble and grounded for the most part. Loved playing. Miss it even at my tender age of 62. I'm afraid if I laced up a pair and took to the ice I'd certainly strain or worse yet break something.
Maybe some day the NHL Board of Governors will find the good sense to stop thinking like penny pinching meat heads the game will finally get it's due.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-09-2017, 07:44 PM
irv's Avatar
irv irv is offline
D@le Irv*n
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 2,390
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknock-2013 View Post
Best game in the world. Can't really be appreciated until you've seen a game live and in person. Toughest athletes, yet humble and grounded for the most part. Loved playing. Miss it even at my tender age of 62. I'm afraid if I laced up a pair and took to the ice I'd certainly strain or worse yet break something.
Maybe some day the NHL Board of Governors will find the good sense to stop thinking like penny pinching meat heads the game will finally get it's due.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
I agree, Nick. And to think these guys do this on skates, just takes it over the top for me!
I haven't been on skates now for 2 years. (I'm 52) Last year my son played Rep A Hockey for the Oshawa Minor Generals so I wasn't on the bench.

Previous years, being as I am an assistant coach/trainer, I was on at least once a week.
It was tough last year not being on the bench after all these years, but at the same time, it was nice to watch my son play with my full attention.
I am back on the bench again this year as an assistant coach/trainer for his Midget Hockey team but unfortunately there isn't any practices at this age so no ice for me again!.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Walker's Rep A Hockey pic (Large).jpg (63.6 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 AM.


ebay GSB