NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-04-2017, 03:41 PM
Al Richter

Neat card. Here in Cairns no one has seen anything like it. They want to know if Bobby plays cricket
Old 03-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Came across this card, it appears to be "yellow-less"....my expectation/experience would be for the red to fade before the yellow and since I am not seeing any fading on the red, I feel this "yellow-less" state of this card is due to factory print issues versus post factory fading.

The copy on the right's red is fairly close to the red on the left's copy, so if there was fading involved, the red on the left copy should appear much more faded than the right copy.

Anyone else seen another "yellow-less" 58 Topps card?
58 Topps cards are by far the easiest card to fade. Go up 2 posts and look at that Spahn.

That card looks faded from the picture. If you want to know for sure send it to me with return postage and I will tell you for sure.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
58 Topps cards are by far the easiest card to fade. Go up 2 posts and look at that Spahn.

That card looks faded from the picture. If you want to know for sure send it to me with return postage and I will tell you for sure.
IMO, the red should have faded before the yellow, but for whatever reason with the Richardson card this does not appear to be the case.

I will put this 58 card with the same color scheme in a (south facing) window tomorrow and see what happens with it.....here is the before pic. I am curious to see if the yellow and/or red fades first . Any ideas on how long it might take to show signs of fading?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before test.jpg (77.8 KB, 87 views)
Old 03-04-2017, 08:55 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
IMO, the red should have faded before the yellow, but for whatever reason with the Richardson card this does not appear to be the case.

I will put this 58 card with the same color scheme in a (south facing) window tomorrow and see what happens with it.....here is the before pic. I am curious to see if the yellow and/or red fades first . Any ideas on how long it might take to show signs of fading?
It really depends on the brand and year of card on what fades first. On 58's the yellow is by far the easiest color to remove of any brand/year I have ever experimented with.

PM or email me and I can give you all the info you want.

EDIT: If you find the blue front 1958 Aaron threads there is one that I show pictures of the background turning from green to blue. I added them to this post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaron1.jpg (78.0 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg aaron2.jpg (77.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg aaron3.jpg (77.8 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg aaron4.jpg (70.0 KB, 85 views)
File Type: jpg aaron5.jpg (68.9 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by bnorth; 03-04-2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-19-2017, 04:14 PM

Here is one I have not noticed before....the bottom border on this 71 Bench card has a recurring but limited print defect....always tougher to spot on HOFer's cards.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 199.jpg (73.2 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg 71 250.jpg (71.4 KB, 64 views)
Old 03-19-2017, 08:02 PM
Al Richter

Have been on a fairly long cruise...128 days...since 1-5. Most passengers are retired like we are and even older age wise ( one guy is 102). On several occasions at dinner people will ask if I play golf or have a hobby. When I say I colllect baseball cards they say "oh"....and that the end of that conversation. ( although one guy did say he used to have a Mantle card but did not remember which one)
Old 03-19-2017, 08:20 PM

Default 1960 Banks

Not sure if th this one applies to this section or not but an interesting card non the less . At bottom of card it says Section I . Sorry the picture is not that great ,
Brett
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 03-20-2017, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Have been on a fairly long cruise...128 days...since 1-5. Most passengers are retired like we are and even older age wise ( one guy is 102). On several occasions at dinner people will ask if I play golf or have a hobby. When I say I colllect baseball cards they say "oh"....and that the end of that conversation. ( although one guy did say he used to have a Mantle card but did not remember which one)
Enjoy your cruise, let these other passengers know how much fun they are missing.
Old 03-20-2017, 06:13 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Sounds like one heck of a cruise, Al.

Enjoy!