NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-23-2012, 09:53 AM
Tony Hughey

Default Need help with Double DDD mini decal bat

Hi all,

Just picked this bat up and was hoping for some insight.

Measures 17.5" and decal is Eddie Colliins.
H&B logo has double dash dot dash with "Baltimore Amateur Baseball Federation Championship Series".

I just can't seem to find any other examples of an H&B bat with series listed instead of the H&B logo. I know they made bats for a lot of events but I just can't seem to find other examples.
I am thinking it was made for the NABF as a souvenir for a Championship Series during the 19teens.
I sent an email to the NABF in hopes they have records of a Series in Baltimore.
Anyone have any idea or info about this Series or bat?
Paid just under $250, deal or no deal?

Thanks for looking and any help
Tony
Old 12-23-2012, 10:39 AM
Brock

How much did the 1915 baseball sell for?
Old 12-23-2012, 10:50 AM
Tony Hughey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
How much did the 1915 baseball sell for?
If I remember correctly it was between $900-$1k, I stopped at $500. Very sharp Ban Johnson ball with reference to the White Roses and Lefty George.
Old 12-23-2012, 10:59 AM
Matt

Neat bat. Thats the first time I have seen that logo
Matt

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 12-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Brock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyH View Post
If I remember correctly it was between $900-$1k, I stopped at $500. Very sharp Ban Johnson ball with reference to the White Roses and Lefty George.
Lol. I'm sure they enjoyed the $125 left bid I left. I thought it was a nice ball, but to me I didn't like how the autos were very faded/light.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Tony Hughey

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGHPro View Post
Neat bat. Thats the first time I have seen that logo
Matt
Thanks Matt. I thought it was different enough to buy. Now it's just going to bug me until I figure it out!!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Tony Hughey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Lol. I'm sure they enjoyed the $125 left bid I left. I thought it was a nice ball, but to me I didn't like how the autos were very faded/light.
I don't think most were autographs, the Lefty George was printed and in the same handwriting as a few others. The ones that appeared to be autographs were as you said "very faded" and illegible.
Also, I was way off, my gf said it went for $780.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:11 AM
bobby

Default eddie collins DDD bat

[QUOTE=TonyH;1065797]Hi all,

H&B logo has double dash dot dash with "Baltimore Amateur Baseball Federation Championship Series".

I just can't seem to find any other examples of an H&B bat with series listed instead of the H&B logo. I know they made bats for a lot of events but I just can't seem to find other examples.
I am thinking it was made for the NABF as a souvenir for a Championship Series during the 19teens.
I sent an email to the NABF in hopes they have records of a Series in Baltimore.

Thanks for looking and any help

I have never seen a dash dot dash mini. 1911-1916 is the DDD time period. I think 1916 - 1915 would be H&S nice find. your bat tells you were its from and you may never see another like it?.

1916 - Baltimore - Waite hoite - Ruth? I am not implying they were there and would it matter if they were. to me yes. others no.

This bat is the single reason I started collecting them.

They are very rare and they display well.

Your bat today is a one of a kind item. and is one of the few that can be traced to were it came from. and when it was made.

In my opinion very nice and very rare.

Find a 1916 Collins card with a rare back that no one has seen before and the bidders will line up.

I don't think they get the credit they deserve.

Bobby

Last edited by minibatsman; 09-08-2015 at 02:04 PM. Reason: date
Old 09-08-2015, 01:37 PM
Kevin O'Gara

To bad the decal wasn't better.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:37 PM
bobby

Default 1916 h&s

[QUOTE=minibatsman;1450421][QUOTE=TonyH;1065797]Hi all,

sent an email to the NABF in hopes they have records of a Series in Baltimore.

I have never seen a dash dot dash mini. 1911-1916 is the DDD time period. I think 1916 - 1915 would be H&S nice find. your bat tells you were its from and you may never see another like it?.

1916 - Baltimore - Waite hoite - Ruth? I am not implying they were there and would it matter if they were. to me yes. others no.

This bat is the single reason I started collecting them.

They are very rare and they display well.

Your bat today is a one of a kind item. and is one of the few that can be traced to were it came from. and when it was made.

In my opinion very nice and very rare.

Find a 1916 Collins card with a rare back that no one has seen before and the bidders will line up.

I don't think they get the credit they deserve.

I believe it is a 1916 H&S bat?.

Bobby
Old 09-17-2015, 09:22 AM
bobby

Default decal bat

I have been putting a collection of photos together along with some of my own bats. would you mind if I downloaded a photo of your bat for my personel use
bobby