NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1980 & Newer Sports Cards B/S/T

Old 02-21-2015, 04:46 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default 1979 Wayne Gretzky RC PSA 8 OC -- SOLD

SOLD

Check or Money Order only please.
References available.

A recent sale of PSA 8 OC for $390...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1979-80-Topp...item5670a34043

Thanks,
Frank

NOTE: This is a TOPPS Gretzky... PSA messed up it's not OPC
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1.jpg (50.9 KB, 446 views)

Last edited by botport; 03-07-2015 at 10:37 PM. Reason: SOLD
Old 02-22-2015, 07:04 AM
Robert Williams

Question

Frank...I am interested in the card, but I have to ask since the label doesn't match the card. Can you provide a scan against a black background so I can see what the sides of the case looks like?
Old 02-22-2015, 09:54 AM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Black background scan....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg g1bb.jpg (32.2 KB, 372 views)
Old 02-27-2015, 05:40 AM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default price reduced

299.99 .... (its a Gretzky thing)
DLVD with tracking incuded
Old 03-06-2015, 01:34 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default bump

still a good deal....
Old 03-06-2015, 04:47 PM
Eric Perry

What's your return policy?
Old 03-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Returns

What are your concerns Eric ?
I aim for total customer satisfaction as a rule so send me a pm if I can answer any questions for you.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:12 PM
Eric Perry

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by botport View Post
What are your concerns Eric ?
I aim for total customer satisfaction as a rule so send me a pm if I can answer any questions for you.
Hi Frank,

If I have any further questions, I will send you a PM. With regard to answering your question to me, my concerns are as follows:

1. Scans are a bit blurry
2. The flip and card do not match
3. Inability to fund the purchase through regular PayPal

One of these three would lead me to look a bit deeper before making a purchase. Any two of them, together, would cause me to thoroughly research a potential transaction before pulling the trigger.

Since all three are in play, I would want assurances that the item being considered could be returned for a full refund.

Don't get me wrong. I am genuinely interested in the card. However, without knowing your return policy, which you did not provide after it was requested, I am hesitant to send a $300 check (with my bank account number) or money order (negotiable instrument payable to the bearer) to you.

If you wish to discuss this further, please respond here within this thread. Otherwise, I respectfully decline to purchase the Gretzky.

Best regards,

Eric
Old 03-07-2015, 10:19 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Eric

Thanks for your interest. I admit your question caught me a little off guard because I have never been asked about a return on a graded card but have granted returns for various reasons on ungraded cards. So, since I never had a policy on returning graded items I tried to answer in a way that would make you or another prospective buyer at ease because I do want complete customer satisfaction. In an attempt to address your outlined concerns:

1) If you would like additional scans or pictures, simply ask. When an earlier post requested a black background scan it was provided.

2) The flip doesn't match. This bothers me as well, however as I believe you would agree as I know you follow T cards this is a fairly common occurrence.

3) I don't accept paypal. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have not accepted that form of payment since they got in bed with ebay many years ago. I understand if they offer some buyer protection that reassures you and I regret the lack of your preferred payment option.

In addition, I would be happy to provide references. I have successfully concluded multiple transactions here on the BST.

Lastly, I have seen you around here enough that I have no concerns that you are up to something nefarious. Ill provide a full refund minus my expenses for shipping, tracking and insurance if the card is returned for any reason in its current condition within two weeks of you receiving it.

Respectfully,

Frank
Old 03-07-2015, 10:30 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by botport View Post
Thanks for your interest. I admit your question caught me a little off guard because I have never been asked about a return on a graded card but have granted returns for various reasons on ungraded cards. So, since I never had a policy on returning graded items I tried to answer in a way that would make you or another prospective buyer at ease because I do want complete customer satisfaction. In an attempt to address your outlined concerns:

1) If you would like additional scans or pictures, simply ask. When an earlier post requested a black background scan it was provided.

2) The flip doesn't match. This bothers me as well, however as I believe you would agree as I know you follow T cards this is a fairly common occurrence.

3) I don't accept paypal. I apologize for the inconvenience. I have not accepted that form of payment since they got in bed with ebay many years ago. I understand if they offer some buyer protection that reassures you and I regret the lack of your preferred payment option.

In addition, I would be happy to provide references. I have successfully concluded multiple transactions here on the BST.

Lastly, I have seen you around here enough that I have no concerns that you are up to something nefarious. Ill provide a full refund minus my expenses for shipping, tracking and insurance if the card is returned for any reason in its current condition within two weeks of you receiving it.

Respectfully,

Frank
Hi Frank,

Consider the Gretzky sold. Please let me know where to send a US Postal Money Order.

Best regards,

Eric
Old 03-08-2015, 12:01 AM
Mike C@.v3

Nice pickup, Eric...beautiful front image imo
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 03-08-2015, 06:01 AM
Robert Williams

Good job. The non matching flip was a deal for me as well, but the card doesn't appear to have been compromised. PSA will easily fix the label for free.
Old 03-12-2015, 07:15 PM
Eric Perry

Frank,

The check was sent, via USPS, two days ago. Please confirm receipt.

Best regards,

Eric
Old 03-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default re- payment

Eric-

Will do. My only day off work right now is Monday... I will try to skip out of work tomorrow (Fri) to check my po box...

I have your card packaged and ready to ship... I will keep you updated ...

Frank

Last edited by botport; 03-13-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Eric Perry

Count me amongst Frank's satisfied customers. The re-holdered card arrived from PSA today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1979 Topps Wayne Gretzky (Front).jpg (78.7 KB, 40 views)