NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-28-2022, 11:00 PM
Peter Spaeth

Virtually every medical intervention comes with some degree of risk that must be weighed against its benefits. Offering up a rare adverse event report to cast doubt on a beneficial treatment really isn’t very persuasive at all. It’s just fear mongering. Getting into your car and driving to the grocery store comes with a risk. If I posted a story about someone who got killed driving to the grocery store, would people decide not to do it anymore? I doubt it. But it’s the same concept. I would be willing to bet you could post hundreds of serious adverse event reports about Tylenol and even more about aspirin. In fact aspirin probably directly causes thousands of deaths per year.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-28-2022 at 11:02 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:06 PM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
In fact aspirin probably directly causes thousands of deaths per year.
With a key difference being, if I have a headache, I'm not going to pass it on to someone else who might die from it. But that's just me thinking about others and all that sheep-mentality foolishness...
Old 01-28-2022, 11:11 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
With a key difference being, if I have a headache, I'm not going to pass it on to someone else who might die from it. But that's just me thinking about others and all that sheep-mentality foolishness...
Right, but my point is that in relative terms, the risk of Tylenol or aspirin is very small and most people aren’t going to not take it because of that risk. But in this context, some people seem to apply a very different standard.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 01-28-2022 at 11:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2022, 11:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Another thing I just don’t get is that it seems a lot of people who think the shots are too risky smoke, drink excessively, are obese, eat an unhealthy diet, and don’t exercise. All things that are far far far riskier. Don’t get it.

Old 01-29-2022, 09:52 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Another thing I just don’t get is that it seems a lot of people who think the shots are too risky smoke, drink excessively, are obese, eat an unhealthy diet, and don’t exercise. All things that are far far far riskier. Don’t get it.
I have many of those type of friends. I lost a life long friend like that a couple weeks ago. In real life I avoid this subject like the plague. Everyone is just too crazy no matter what side they are on. Plus I live in a small rural town that has been hit extremely hard since the beginning. I personally know easily 30 who have died and way more that now have permanent health problems including my brother.

The biggest change I have noticed is the people that have avoided the vaccine change their minds and get it after a loved one dies from Covid.

No matter your choice I sincerely wish you all good health.
Old 02-02-2022, 01:42 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Probably to the same ironic extent that a similar set of people now demand that others protect them from their lifelong unhealthy habits by demanding that everyone else wear a mask.

Not a conspiracy subscriber by any means, but sick of all the half-truths and unanswered questions/concerns from all sides. Too much agenda and emotion, not enough objectivity and logic. No wonder people can't make informed choices.
Old 02-02-2022, 02:24 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Probably to the same ironic extent that a similar set of people now demand that others protect them from their lifelong unhealthy habits by demanding that everyone else wear a mask.

Not a conspiracy subscriber by any means, but sick of all the half-truths and unanswered questions/concerns from all sides. Too much agenda and emotion, not enough objectivity and logic. No wonder people can't make informed choices.
Here's some objectivity and logic for you: COVID-19 has led to the death of nearly a million people in the US alone. Masks help to stop the spread of COVID-19. If you're asked to wear one, wear one.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 02-02-2022, 04:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
Here's some objectivity and logic for you: COVID-19 has led to the death of nearly a million people in the US alone. Masks help to stop the spread of COVID-19. If you're asked to wear one, wear one.
Oh, really.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipUn5goyM2I

And do you honestly think almost a million people died "OF" covid in the U.S.?

If you have the flu and fall down the stairs and break your neck, is that a flu death? No, so why is it if you do the same thing but test positive for covid, it is a covid death???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tw9Ci2PZKZg

Belong to facebook? If so, watch this. Like I said earlier, the truth is coming out.
https://www.facebook.com/727876236/p...789866237/?d=n
Old 02-03-2022, 05:57 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
As well as other factors. Which is why the CDC itself classifies all COVID related deaths as a co-morbidity factor. I'm vaccinated, and I mask under most circumstances (indoors in public). But that doesn't avoid some of the idiotic and inconsistent policies being promoted (such as requiring proof of vaccination to work in a company where almost everyone is working from home).