NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-22-2014, 07:54 PM
Mark

Default Our National Game 1880s Scrapbook

I just picked up this Our National Game scrapbook off of ebay. It is the second one I own. The first one has a much better cover than this, but this one had better lithographs. Both have the lithographs loose in the binder. Does anyone know how many blank pages there were and if it is possible to bind the book back together with replacement pages?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our national game.jpg (1.1 KB, 265 views)
Old 05-23-2014, 04:04 PM
Mark

Now that I look at my original copy I don't think that the new one is in any better condition except for foul ball. I guess I'll have some trade stock. I would still like to know how many pages an intact version has. I am assuming some pages were blank.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our national game 1.jpg (44.1 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg our national game 2.jpg (34.8 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg our national game 4.jpg (35.2 KB, 207 views)
Old 05-23-2014, 04:06 PM
Mark

the rest
Attached Images
File Type: jpg our national game 3.jpg (48.0 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg our national game 5.jpg (38.5 KB, 207 views)
File Type: jpg our national game 6.jpg (35.5 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg our national game7.jpg (30.3 KB, 206 views)
Old 05-23-2014, 07:07 PM
Peter F

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4scuda View Post
the rest
4scuda - I think you got them all. I finally sold the one I owned for about 30 years about 3 months ago and I checked my photos. I have....

Our National Game
Wild Pitch
Fly Ball
Caught Between Bases
Foul ball
Home Run

hope this helps

peter

Last edited by WillowGrove; 05-23-2014 at 07:07 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:35 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default had a couple

albums and there was blank paper between the prints on one of them - some with "ghosting" from laying on the inked images over time - can't remember much more than that (or if pants on before going out). I framed a set - although very inexpensively and the laminating on the outside of two of the frames is peeling :-) With no wall space and no desire to properly reframe - they're languishing on the floor in a corner of my room. They were hanging in my hallway but after 10+ years they were displaced by more recent interests. I bought it without the covers from Ron Vitro in my only negotiation where I had to RAISE my offer above his asking price as he became "reluctant" to sell them. I'll see if my friend still has his as I remember the prints were still attached in the album with cover. Barring that someone here must have a complete album.
Although there would be a few contrary opinions - the condition the book is typically found in and the visual qualities of the litho's - render them most often encountered and sold by themselves as a practical matter - and people in general gravitate to something that can be displayed as opposed to owning what amounts to a "book". I think the minority (by numbers not their significance) appreciate the medium and the form of books - even those graphic in nature as opposed to print.

edited to add: yes, there are only the six pages and ? number of blank pages. What I found interesting was in the ones I've seen that have blank pages - they weren't utilized. I find that kind of facinating as use was not only the intent - but kids whether contemporaneously or now - like to draw, paint, glue, cut, and whatever on any blank paper they encounter. Teens and adults liked to glue trade cards, die-cuts, newspaper items, genealogies, and more into albums.

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 05-23-2014 at 07:45 PM. Reason: above
Old 05-24-2014, 08:36 PM

Default Our National Game Album

I have the album and it contains the following:

Our National Game Cover
Our National Game litho and two blank pages
Wild Pitch litho and two blank pages
Fly Ball litho and two blank pages
Caught Between Bases litho and two blank pages
Four Balls litho and two blank pages
Home Run litho and four blank pages
Back cover

Two pages does not mean one page with an obverse and revers side. Each of the blank pages is two-sided. I think my album is complete. It's possible but unlikely that one or more blank pages were removed.

Regards, Bob Sellars
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default that sounds about right

thanks Bob although don't know what I'll ever do with the info if I'm lucky enough to remember it. Of course the same thing applies to my marriage vows.

edited to add - anything at all on the blank pages? That kind of stuff I remember and find useful as well.........

Last edited by 1880nonsports; 05-24-2014 at 09:48 PM. Reason: ?
Old 05-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Mark

got the one from ebay in today. It had caught between the bases which I didn't have before. The pictures are of the leftover I need to sell or trade. The recent ones from ebay purchase are darker than my original set probably because they have trade cards glued to the backs. I guess that is what the book was for ,so can't complain. I have home run as well but didn't get a picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ong team.jpg (38.5 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg ong foul ball.jpg (34.2 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg ong fly ball.jpg (33.1 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg ong wild pitch.jpg (34.1 KB, 61 views)