NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-28-2016, 12:20 PM
John Wylie

Default 1929 Certified's Ice Cream Cubs Pins

New member here - I am enjoying browsing around, reliving history a bit.

About 35 years ago, I helped a friend clean out the home of her elderly relative, recently deceased, on the north side of Chicago. For helping out, my friend told me to fill up a bag full of anything I wanted. The house was a treasure trove of Chicago history and collectibles, including lots of Cubs-related items. Apparently, the woman had been a life long Cubs fan (I know the affliction all too well myself), and I picked up some things from the 20's, 30's and 40's. Among the best of these were three of the five Certified's Ice Cream pins: Kiki Cuyler, Riggs Stephenson, and Rogers Hornsby. I've attached photos. (I also picked out a ticket stub from game 3 of the 1932 World Series - the 'called shot' game.)

Having collected a lot of things over the last 40 years or so, I've now decided it is time to sell what I can, and so I have started to divest. I understand these pins are pretty rare, but I can't really get a fix on their actual value. Can anyone help?

Thanks,

John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3 front.jpg (68.5 KB, 278 views)
File Type: jpg 3 back.jpg (61.6 KB, 275 views)
File Type: jpg Hornsbyfront.jpg (67.0 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg Stephensonfront.jpg (62.1 KB, 277 views)
File Type: jpg Cuylerfront.jpg (60.6 KB, 277 views)
Old 02-28-2016, 01:03 PM
Al

Hello,
The certifieds Ice cream is a nice little pin set. They are what is known as tin litho. meaning they dont have a celluloid covering over them. (like a plastic coating) about the size of a nickel. condition is a key with them as they tend to scratch alot. yours look to be in good to very good condition. They do come up on ebay and Hornsby ( I will give you a range in your condition) 150 - 275, Cuyler 125 -200 Stephenson 80- 135. these are just rough prices you might get a little more or less. The stars tend to do a little better (Hornsby, Cuyler) Dont clean them as the inking tends to come off on these. You might find a few board members intrested in them so try here first. Just to let you know I would have an intrest in the Stephenson. Hope that helps a little...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 02-28-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:18 PM
John Wylie

Default Follow and thanks

Thanks for the responses to my post. I did not expect anything so in depth (here and in some private messages), and greatly appreciate them.

To let you know, the Cuyler and Stephenson pins have been scooped up - thanks. I still have the Hornsby pin; if anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks again,

John
Old 03-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan1954 View Post
Thanks for the responses to my post. I did not expect anything so in depth (here and in some private messages), and greatly appreciate them.

To let you know, the Cuyler and Stephenson pins have been scooped up - thanks. I still have the Hornsby pin; if anyone is interested, let me know.

Thanks again,

John
Picked up the Hornsby! Thanks. Just waiting on it in the mail.
Old 03-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Just got the pin. I'm very happy. Thanks again