NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-17-2008, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: Bob

I went to the website last night and tried to enter a bunch of cards to existing sets I have and was stumped. The new format is alien but I went to each particular set, added the cert number and player's name and grade and clicked to edit but it kept coming back that the cert numbers were inavlid!!!
Shame because the old format was so user friendly. Has anyone had a smilar experience or can someone explain what I am doing wrong?
Thanks,
tbob

Old 04-17-2008, 08:34 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: Matt

Bob - when they put the system up a few months ago they said this might happen with some certs - they suggested to email either Michael or Glyn with the problematic certs and they would fix it ASAP.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: Zinn

This continues to be a problem with me as well. One tip though and that is just put in the cert number and not the name and grade. If you don't have the name exactly as it appear on the flip it won't take. Not to say that this will work but a few may get in.

What I found odd too is that when I tried to add a card to my set it was rejected but when I then tried to enter it in "The way I collect" it took just fine. I just gave up and deleted my set and put the few cards in there.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:58 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: TFerg

The cards I had graded went in fine, the cards I've purchased already graded have given me the same error message. I've got a bunch to add, but I'll wait until the bugs are worked out. I like the new look.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:59 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: Tony Andrea

TBob -
I had similar problems a while back and tried this.
Instead of choosing to update cards in existing sets
you have in their registry, choose to delete the card
or cancel it all together and proceed to relist your new
addition this way. Seemed to work for me when I tried
using this approach instead.

Tony

Old 04-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: Carl Lamendola

I had the same problems and called them. It seems that there are a few disconnects between the
the way it was entered into the population and registry. You have to call them to fix it on a case-by-case Once the kinks are worked out it will "automagic". Overall I think they did a nice job.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: Anonymous

It happened to me twice and both times I made one phone call and the problem was rectified. I wish I had the same success or ease of process with PSA.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: jeff

Has anyone else had any trouble with getting the "Gallery View" to work properly? In some sets, it locks up halfway through; in other sets, I can't get the gallery view to move at all, especially when the scans are horizontally oriented.

Another thing I've noticed is that every scan, whether in the list view or gallery view, is squeezed down to 25-30kb, regardless of its original size. No scan is going to look good at 25kb.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Registry

Posted By: Steve

Speaking of SGC...........

I see that the wording of the guarantee still has not changed.

The SGC Guarantee

SGC guarantees that all cards submitted shall be graded by SGC grading experts in accordance with SGC grading procedures. In the event the original submitter of an SGC card believes that the card has been overgraded with respect to such procedures, the original submitter may resubmit that card to SGC for a review of the assigned grade. THIS RESUBMISSION MUST BE REQUESTED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF RECEIPT FROM SGC.

Maybe they need more time?

Steve