NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Jay Cee

Default Old collector wanting to know a GOOD company to consign too?

I have been out of it for awhile. What auction company has the best results and creditability right now? Looking to consign items from 1K to 25K. I figure most auction companies use the same mailing list. I am also looking to have reserves on items as well.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:07 AM
Pup6913

REA- but will have to wait till next year.

Other than that I would say B&L
Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 AM
Barry Sloate

While there is a wide range of credibility among the auction houses, they all have the same bidders and they all pretty much get the same prices. I would be most concerned that you are dealing with reputable people.

B & L Auctions are at the top of the most honorable list, but I know they are very close to their current deadline.

Edited to add B & L will allow reserves; REA is a great auction but it is an unreserved one.

Last edited by barrysloate; 02-11-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:36 AM

Default I would NOT consign to...

Mastro or Legendary auctions---\
Old 02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Jay Cee

I would think an auction company would need to have a web, catalog and phone presence. I know Buyers premium takes away from total value of selling a card. Do consignors still pay sellers premium? What is wrong with Mastro/Legendary?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

depends on the items...
Old 02-11-2010, 11:58 AM

I would want to know what you want to sell, but well know auction houses in generally good standing for resale include Robert Edward Auctions (only one auction a year), Sportscards Plus, Heritage Auctions, Mile High, Memory Lane, Huggins and Scott, Lelands, Legendary Auctions. Don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings by forgetting someone else. Some are more card places, some more memorabilia (including autograph) places and some are both-- which is why I would want to know what you have.
Old 02-11-2010, 02:30 PM

I agree with others. It really depends on WHAT you want to consign. Some auction houses are better for graded vintage, some for memorabilia, some for autographs, some for equipment, etc,...
Old 02-11-2010, 08:39 PM

Who is B&L? sounds fishy, I wouldn't consign there. Bad and Lame?

just kidding, they have some of my stuff now. 2 GREAT FRIENDS!
Old 02-11-2010, 09:25 PM
Rich Klein

Default Dan; I hope you did not send them 2 different

Shipments in the same box

Regards
Rich
Old 02-11-2010, 10:55 PM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

The list drc gave is a good one.

As far as the Mastro/Legacy deal just read the thread about would you bid on Legacy auctions.

By the way you should not have to pay a consignors fee. There are enough auctions out there that do not chatrge a consignors fee.

GoodLuck withe your choice, if you are willing to wait a year REA is my favorite choice.

Lee

Last edited by Sterling Sports Auctions; 02-11-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 PM
Barry Arnold

Default my choice

B and L.
relatively new but quickly running ahead of the pack!!!

best,
barry
Old 02-12-2010, 05:27 AM
Jay Cee

I guess I will need to do some research on who is the company to use, at this point. I mainly have Prewar cards and 19th century stuff. Getting opinions from active enthusiast was my first step.