NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Richard Simon

Default Some guys sell hair, now an auction house is selling grass

Wonder who authenticated this?
I know it is only a preview but still,, grass?? did they pass it through some magical machine to authenticate this one

http://sports.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleN...&lotIdNo=37230
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-20-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:30 PM
Banned

It's still in preview so they may end up taking it down.

But, I guess you already know that.

Last edited by sago; 03-20-2012 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Didn't see the entire post at first,.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:20 PM
Bilko Glasier

Yeah wow like how the hell would something like that be authenticated unless it came with a LOA straight from the team and even then the "real" grass could have been switched with counterfeit grass. Unless you see the grass pulled right in front of your eyes, you can never be 100% sure that the grass is real, no matter who the LOA comes from

Last edited by Bilko G; 03-20-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:25 PM
Dave

I have a feeling this listing might disappear, right around April 2nd.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

I wonder if Tug McGraw would have enjoyed the "stalks of dessicated chlorophyll"?
Old 03-21-2012, 05:42 AM
Scott

I used to collect mini stadium things like this. But, no way to prove. Could have just gone to the local lock museum or something and ripped a hunk of Grass from the yard.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:08 PM
James Wymer

After riverfront stadium in Cincinnati was imploded this stuff was everywhere. The construction company doing the work made a killing off of seats, signs, grass, peanut boxes, it was crazy. I think the company was O'Rourke.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 03-22-2012, 07:49 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
I used to collect mini stadium things like this. But, no way to prove. Could have just gone to the local lock museum or something and ripped a hunk of Grass from the yard.
I actually have some of the North Endzone at Ohio Stadium after Ohio State's win over Michigan back in 1998. I put it in a zip-lock bag and labeled it... I've thought about how I could ever prove it and I don't think there is a way except for me to write a letter and someone to believe my word and the letter. I don't think I'll ever get rid of it in my lifetime, so I am not worried about it.

What did it cost me? Well, I got pepper sprayed while I was up on the goal post, I got my wallet stolen as they were boosting me up on the goal post leading to a tank of gas at BP on my gas credit card and three Nintendo 64 games being rented in my name at Blockbuster Video.
Old 03-22-2012, 12:33 PM

After they took down the Kingdome-- a pile of concrete--, you could easily pick of pieces of concrete as you walked by on the sidewalk. However, the City of Seattle made it illegal to pick up anything. It would have been illegal concrete.

They did auction the insides. I thought about placing a bit on the astroturf, which would have included the pitching mound. However, I realized that, unless I moved to a farm, I didn't have room for 150 or whatever acres of astroturf. It would probably roll up to 2 stories tall.

Last edited by drc; 03-22-2012 at 12:33 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 05:43 PM
James Wymer

David imagine explaining to your wife why you bought a whole field of astro turf.
Always accepting quality consignments

Last edited by Wymers Auction; 03-22-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Yeah, but imagine never having to mow the lawn again...
Old 03-22-2012, 10:28 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Steiner was selling freeze-dried grass from the original Yankee Stadium...

(Photo taken July 4, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)
Old 03-23-2012, 11:48 AM

The Yankees were selling live grass/sod from Yankee Stadium that, if you had a green thumb, could have growing in your yard. That was an neat idea. The only bummer would be if, after transplantation, the grass died in a month.

Someone would probably buy a special mower for that 1 x 1 foot spot of Yankee grass in his yard. Or mow it by scissors.

Last edited by drc; 03-23-2012 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drc View Post
The Yankees were selling live grass/sod from Yankee Stadium that, if you had a green thumb, could have growing in your yard.
You mean this?

(Photo taken May 16, 2009. © Gary Dunaier. Link to upload on Flickr.com: here.)