NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
I'd be looking for an attorney by now.
Or perhaps an owner of a chat room.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default owner of a chat room?

Are we a chat room? As much as I get beat up I thought it was a boxing ring, or an octagon? I will make a call or two but I have a feeling I might not find much out. I am sorry you are having this problem Gary.....You are certainly one of the good guys in the hobby.....

btw Gary- have you tried calling Doug?

Last edited by Leon; 05-28-2009 at 03:05 PM. Reason: additional question
Old 05-28-2009, 04:06 PM

Default http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?p=726331#post726331

Leon, I have not talked to Doug or anyone else for that matter. The message on mastroauctions said they were hoping to have all checks mailed in May.
I was waiting(naively I guess) thinking I will get paid in May. Legendary said they are not responsible for consignment checks for the last mastro auction.
Why call Doug?
Old 05-28-2009, 04:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Why call Doug?

Hey Gary
Doug was the President of Mastro. He probably has connections. As for me making calls that is who I would call to find out. I have never spoken with Bill Mastro on the phone but I have spoken with Doug many times....I would start with him....shoot me an email if you want his number or you want to chat off line...

leonl@flash.net
Old 05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Are we a chat room?
Sorry, I got mixed up on my Internet communication venues.

Although technically, thanks to this new forum platform, you could list a chat room among your assets.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Rob...an asset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
Sorry, I got mixed up on my Internet communication venues.

Although technically, thanks to this new forum platform, you could list a chat room among your assets.

or a liability
Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 PM
Banned

Thanks for that.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:15 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
or a liability
say no to crack!
Old 05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
or a liability

Leon,

If you've got a suggestion box going... that is probably a feature we could do without.

I'm just saying...
Old 05-29-2009, 09:46 AM
Richard Simon

Considering they were lightning fast to criticize my testimony in a deposition I gave in a lawsuit against them by Bill Daniels, it is amazing that speed has deserted them when it comes to paying consignors.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:31 AM
Eric Bea.chley

The consignors don't have the ultimate risk, the buyers do. If Mastro goes bankrupt, and has no money, the items go back to the consignor since the sale wasn't completed (a consignment becomes a sale only upon payment).
Old 05-29-2009, 01:54 PM
Max Weder

I can't comment on any aspect of law in the United States, but in Canada, a consignor should register a personal property security interest for their consignment, and even then, the interest is generally not sufficient to compel the return of goods from a bona fide third party purchaser. This means that if a Canadian auction house goes under without paying its consignors, the consignors are out of luck

Max
Old 06-09-2009, 06:17 PM

I'm in the same boat. I consigned back in October. One item made it into their December auction and I received payment finally by mid March. The second item went into the February auction and I'm still waiting for the close to 2 grand for that one.

On May 13th Walter Tomala sent me this e-mail

Garret, we're expected to make all payments to consignors by the end of May. Sorry for the delay.

Thanks,

Walter Tomala

Then on Sunday, May 31, 2009 I received this e-mail.

Subject: Mastro Auctions Consignor Update

Dear Garret,

Now that June is upon us we thought it would be appropriate to communicate the current situation related to the amounts owed to you from past consignments.

First and foremost in liquidating Mastro Auctions we remain confident that all consignors will be paid. We were hopeful that based on monies received by Legendary Auctions and by liquidating other assets including accounts receivable and inventory this would have been accomplished by the end of May. We are working diligently to liquidate all assets in order to be in a position to remit the outstanding obligation you are due. We have had to take legal action on a few significant accounts that owe us money. In addition we have a few large receivables that will mature in the next few months. We are confident that the actions we are taking will yield positive results which will enable us to pay you. As of the current date we have extinguished all of our senior secured bank obligations and the monies we recover from these other sources will be used to pay out these final obligations. Our inability to pay these obligations in a timely fashion has been very unfortunate and for that we apologize. We ask for your to bear with us as we continue to work through this very difficult situation.

Sincerely,

Walter Tomala
Controller
Mastro Auctions

It's been frustrating, and it's no wonder why their current auction is so weak. How about paying the consignors that make your business a possibility.

- Garret