NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-16-2011, 03:05 PM
Doug C.

Default Chat room technical difficulties

I've tried to log into the chat the last few days and each time I just get a box that pops up saying "Notice: Wrong Password". I'm already logged in when this message appears, so I'm not sure what's wrong. Has anyone else had this problem?
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default question to hosting company

I have a message into our hosting company to see what the problem is. It is a different host than we use for the board. This issue is happening to me also. I will give an update when I get one..Sorry for the issues....
Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default update

The chat hosting company is actually quite responsive. I got a message back saying they tried and didn't have a problem getting in. I just tried and it said "Wrong Password" again. If anyone else would care to click up there, where it says "0 users in chat" and see if they can get into the chat (user id and password should be the same as the board, I believe, as mine is) then it would help a little. Just let me know if you can get in or not. Just a few folks would be great. That chat function is really neat, once it's working again, if you have never been in there. ..thanks
Old 01-17-2011, 07:29 AM
P.hil €lli$

Leon,
I just tried to get in and I can't. It comes up with the "Notice - Wrong Password".

Haven't been able to get into the chat for a few days.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:57 AM
Doug C.

I just tried and still no luck.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default thanks

Thanks guys...I will send the report of issues along....sorry for the inconvenience .....regards
Old 01-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Ralph Gee
Banned

Default chat room

Why are people in chat room chatting in EGYPTIAN ???
Old 02-17-2011, 08:43 PM
David Ros.enberg

The chat is down and locked again showing Arabic or something...
Old 02-17-2011, 08:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default we know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
The chat is down and locked again showing Arabic or something...
Thanks for the heads up. We have probably had 6-10 emails with them today, so far. They keep saying either we are messing it up or we are being hacked. Neither is true. The folks hosting it are a bit clueless. We are working with them to get it fixed but I can't give a time frame. I would say a few days or less....then hopefully it won't happen again. I don't have a large amount of confidence in them at this point but we'll see. Still easier to try to get them to fix it than doing something else. Time will tell if we stick with this solution. Sorry for the issues. regards
Old 02-18-2011, 12:20 AM
David McDonald

Tunisia and Egypt fallen, protests in Libya, Bahrain, Yemen and Iraq, rumblings in the Net54 chatroom. The clock is ticking, Leon.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:06 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawika View Post
Tunisia and Egypt fallen, protests in Libya, Bahrain, Yemen and Iraq, rumblings in the Net54 chatroom. The clock is ticking, Leon.
At this time, it is my honest belief that the folks who have hacked and are currently using our chat room are using it to organize protests in the Middle East.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:08 AM
P.hil €lli$

I was in the chat room the other day and there were 2 people in there (names that I didn't recognize)......all of a sudden I got a message that flashed on the chat room that said: "Banned".

I hadn't seen this before. Very strange stuff going on in there lately.