NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 03-06-2014, 11:24 AM
Frank Hay-zer

Default Any Star Michael Jordan experts out there?

About two years, I bought this card and sent it in to Beckett for grading. It came back 'questionable authenticity' which usually means rip it up and throw it away, however, I can't figure out how they came to this conclusion. The colors are good, the lines are dark and solid, and even the small text is very clear and solid.
I'M NOT BETTER AT THIS THAN BECKETT- I just want to say that as a small disclaimer so in my mind, it's still fake, however, this has bothered my for two years now so I figured I would ask-any opinions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg star jordan front1.jpg (79.4 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (75.0 KB, 220 views)
Old 03-06-2014, 12:32 PM
Frank Hay-zer

Here is a better scan of the front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jordan 23.jpg (79.4 KB, 216 views)
Old 03-08-2014, 06:06 AM

Default Looks similar

It looks similar to graded copies. I would re-submit. I see nothing that is a red flag why it will not grade. Borders on either side might be a little wide. Re-submit is your best option.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:06 PM
Mike C@.v3

I thought that the TPG companies got away from grading any STAR cards? I thought that the counterfeits were so good, that it was very tough to distinguish between the two. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know I saw something like this before. I'm sure someone with greater knowledge on the subject will chime in eventually...
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 03-09-2014, 08:48 AM
Frank Hay-zer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
I thought that the TPG companies got away from grading any STAR cards? I thought that the counterfeits were so good, that it was very tough to distinguish between the two. Maybe I'm wrong, but I know I saw something like this before. I'm sure someone with greater knowledge on the subject will chime in eventually...
I didn't even think of that- that would make sense. I'm pretty good with Star cards and do believe it's real (just my take on it) and it befuddled me that this came back as questionable authenticity.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
I don't have much knowledge on the subject, but I do think you're half right. PSA will not grade Star cards for the reasons you mention, but Beckett will still grade them if they think the card is authentic.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:37 AM
octavio ranzola

terrific good
Old 07-14-2014, 10:19 PM

Default Any Star Michael Jordan experts out there?

Delete

Last edited by cozmokramer; 07-14-2014 at 10:19 PM. Reason: delete