NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-28-2004, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: warshawlaw

I think there was a post questioning this seller's integrity recently. Just wanted to note that I got my order from him and the cards were exactly as described and properly packed.

Old 12-28-2004, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: tbob

The guy bought caramel cards on ebay which were given a large caveat that they were trimmed. He then turned around and sold the exact same cards 2 weeks later and never mentioned a word about trimming. Glad you got your order and were happy, Adam, but the guy must have studied ethics 101 from Professor Alan Hagler.

Old 12-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Just letting everyone know that I had a satisfactory deal with him.

Old 01-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: honus3415

Seems there have been several mentions of concerns about this ebay powerseller, lastly being a failure to mention in one of their auctions that the listed cards were trimmed despite previously purchasing them through through an auction in which they were clearly stated as trimmed.

Upon doing a little research it appears one of the other subtle habits this seller has might also reflect upon the bigger picture. After looking at some of the listed scans with their descriptions, something seemed very strange.....these were the scans\pictures that the previous ebay seller used from which they purchased the item. The ink on the Paypal transaction wasn't even dry and the jpgs (slightly enlarged and cropped) were taken and reposted with their description.

One obvious example

Purchase:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=5149877920

Sale:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50133&item=5154927506&rd=1

Others auctions are currently listed in which this also appears to be the case.

I'm not arguing that this practice is wrong or right.

But it might lead one to think that this shortcut also speaks to a bigger issue here.

Old 01-06-2005, 07:25 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: Chris

He also won a T205 Brown recently that is impossible to have in hand and he has listed it.

Old 01-06-2005, 07:40 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: Scott

I'm sure there are people who have had satisfactory transaction with Roy Huff, Alan Hager, etc. I sincerely hope that each of them doesn't come on this board and post - it might confuse potential bidders into thinking they are honest.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:22 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: Judge Dred

He's living the capitalist dream - free enterprise - win it and BIN it!!!

I'd love to have limitless resources to buy stuff for my collection and attempt to sell it immediately. You have to figure that if he got it at a good price and then has the ability to resell it then more power to him. If it doesn't sell and he wanted it anyway then it's just something that he adds to his collection.

On the other hand if an item he won has defects disclosed in the original auction and those very defects are not disclosed in "his" auction then there is an ethics issue.

If you read this board and you know what's going on then you have the choice to buy it from him or pass on it. Perhaps ignorance is bliss for those that don't read this board.

No, I wouldn't say that I would do business this way but I guess it's his way of doing business. I don't care either way so long as what he's doing is done with honesty. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and if you think he's a bit on the "cheesey" side then that's ok too.

Old 01-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: scgaynor

That guys is an outright crook, nothing less! If he buys from you, don't ever accept a check!

Scott

Old 01-06-2005, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Too bad more collectors do not read this board. This guy is too lazy to even try to hide the fact he is screwing people. Will left him feedback immediately for all of altered cards he bought and this idiot put them right back on ebay without the same disclosure.

Old 01-07-2005, 09:56 AM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Or is there something else?

Old 01-07-2005, 10:22 AM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: Chris

As I recall in a previous post, he did bounce a check to Scott and never covered it. He actually had a T3 card recently I wanted but I passed on bidding because of the "trimmed" incident as well as his feedback being below 99%. All too much risk for me. Too many other good dealers out there that I feel more comfortable giving my $ to.

Old 01-07-2005, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Default PGA tour ace

Posted By: scgaynor

Yes, he bounced a check for over $700 and came up with a number of excuses, but never paid us back. By the time he stopped responding to our e-mails, it was too late for me to neg him.

I was just going to win $700 worth of stuff from his page and have him send it to me, but he blocked my from bidding.

If you look at his feedback, he has a history of shady transactions going back to 2003.

Scott