NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-24-2011, 07:53 PM
Mike H.

Default Confidence in Hunt Auctions and a restoration success

This late 1880s 1890s piece depicting a Chicago pitcher was featured in a recent Hunt's auction. The pitcher is the rarer of the two available positions (the other being the Hartford batter) and can bring $450+ in auction or sale. I bid electronically four days prior to the close of the sale with a max bid of $405. When I placed that bid the new high was $152. I am very pleased to report that it closed at that same price which gives me confidence in Hunt as a safe place to bid without being shilled.

The second part of the happy story is the restoration I performed. Obviously someones grandchild had fun painting this years ago. I knew it was made of heavy cast metal, so I bid knowing I could remove the paint with strong stripper. Anything can be cleaned (or ruined) by chemicals or heat. This arrived tonight at 6:00 p.m. and I'm posting these pics a few hours later. It cleaned up perfectly and has a nice aged look to it. I'm thrilled with my new figural and the price was a real bargain. I BROCKED it

Old 01-24-2011, 08:12 PM
Brock

Nice score Mike. I'm sure the paint definitely scared a lot of bidders off but it looks awesome restored.
I was bidding on another item so was not watching this one very closely but was really surprised how low the price stayed when I checked the final prices. Probably the steal of the auction. Congrats
Old 01-24-2011, 08:22 PM
Kyle B@rni@k

Default Auction

Nice to hear a positive auction bidding story....Congrats
Old 01-25-2011, 12:49 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Looks incredible, Mike... congrats on another great pickup. It surely would have sold for double to triple what you paid, if not for the paint. Terrific restoration, and great to see that your bid never even came close to its ceiling