NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-29-2002, 07:50 AM
Administrator

Default What This Board Is Really For!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted By: Chuck Montoya(LargeCharles)

Not long ago, Jay posted that he needs a "Mad Bear" for his set. Somebody mistakingly thought that "Geronimo" was needed and posted. Now this morning, a lurker comes along and let Jay know that a "Mad Bear" is on Ebay. WAY COOL!!!!! Look at what we have here! Now maybe Jay would have found this on his own and just maybe another board member would have found it and let him know but, because of this wonderful place we have here in cyberspace,this did not just slip by unnoticed!What a great story! How much more of a reason do we need to make sure that we protect this board? Now I, being new don't yet have the experience of painstakingly putting together such an interesting set. I can't possibly know how much time and effort that Jay has spent here. I sure hope though, that if and when the time comes, that I'll be able to post here, my needs and be as fortunate as Jay, to have someone who has nothing more than an altruistic interest in being helpful. Jay, I hope you win this card. This small incident is a great example of exactly how important this board can be and I am so glad to see that even though there has been some real nastiness going on here, that The primary purpose has not been lost. What a great story and what a needed bit of inspiration at a time when many may be questioning whether or not to continue on here.
Peace,
Chuck

Old 08-29-2002, 10:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

This board is wonderful, I had some knowledge of vintage cards before entering the board. It has helped to expand that knowledge plus met alot of good people. The experts and big dealers are here, whether they post or not, this board has kind of become a pulse for the vintage market. The knowledge here is over wehlming, most buy and sell on ebay so it is a great watch dog for us on ebay.

And besides the chatroom is fun and entertaining at times. If you have never used it give it a try some time.

Lee

Old 08-29-2002, 10:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

...for heralding one of the true Gem Mint realities/features of this board. The reason I came here myself was because of a few of the people who are Board Members are folks that I've traded very successfully with on eBay. Very great folks. They directed me here to glean more information about cards, and the board has been excellent in that regard. Now, there are a few of us who try to get together here in Seattle at times to hang out and talk collecting over cups o' steaming Starbucks. Again, great folks.

Yes, there's always a bad apple in every barrel, true. At least that one is usually at the bottom! <grin>

Cheers, everyone! Go Mariners!!

Old 08-29-2002, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Koos

...I too would not have realized just how much I like that set depicting Mad Bear (any relation to Max, Buddy, or Yogi Bear?) from the early Cleveland Indians, if I didn't inadvertantly stumble across those links for "the Mad One's" card and Cesar Geronimo.