NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 06-25-2015, 07:06 PM
Richard Simon

Default Seen any concerts lately?

I have been going non stop lately, many of my favorites have come to NYC.

Eric Clapton
The Who
VAN MORRISON !!!
Billy Joel
John Fogerty

all in the past few weeks.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 06-25-2015, 08:43 PM

I saw these old farts last Friday in Toronto, and it might've been the best concert of my life. They (Rush) are playing MSG on Monday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vintage Rush.jpg (71.4 KB, 681 views)

Last edited by CW; 06-26-2015 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 06:51 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I/we have kind of gone from classical rock to more country lately.....Saw Zac Brown earlier this year, Darrius Rucker last week and going to see Rascal Flatts in a few months.......
Old 06-26-2015, 10:10 AM

Zac Brown is one country artist that I wouldn't mind seeing in concert. From what I've heard on Pandora, his live sets sound just like the albums.
Old 06-26-2015, 02:42 PM
Michael S.

The Dave Matthews Band - My 67th show over the past 22 years. The most recent one was at Jones Beach on Long Island earlier this month. Quiet year for me because of the birth of my first child. I did manage to get to 9 last year, in 5 states.

"Eat, drink, and be merry - for tomorrow we die" - Dave Matthews
Old 06-26-2015, 06:36 PM
Josh

Not yet but July 9th I'm seeing Rush.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
I saw these old farts last Friday in Toronto, and it might've been the best concert of my life. They (Rush) are playing MSG on Monday.
I saw Rush back in 1976 via Toronto. Incredible concert!!!
Old 07-07-2018, 06:26 AM

Default Favorite concert

My favorite concert was ELP back in 1974 in Saratoga Springs!!
Old 07-07-2018, 02:06 PM
Tony Quinn

In May I saw Stone Temple Pilots with their new singer. It was at a 600 person capacity club called The Cowan at Top Golf Nashville. One of the most incredible shows I have ever seen. Just saw Train & Hall & Oates last weekend. Hall & Oates was disappointing but Train was very good. Not exactly my cup of tea musically but my wife wanted to go so I went. Next month I see Slayer on their farewell tour with Anthrax, Testament & Lamb of God in downtown Nashville. That should be an AWESOME show, can't wait!
Old 07-14-2018, 09:18 AM
R@nda!! H@hn

I'm trying to see as many great classic rock artists as possible before they pass on. I always kept my tickets so I started keeping track on a site called setlist.fm according to their database I have now seen 163 concerts of 109 different artists. Now that being said, quite a few were from big events like Live Aid and The opening of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. It's a pretty good site if you haven't been there. They try and keep track of every concert and set lists of the concerts. Like wikipedia they rely on peoples input.

Now the most recent concert I saw was ZZ Top & John Fogerty on June 24th. I was really impressed with John. Voice is still great and energy is amazing.

The concert I was most happy to see recently was by a man called Rodriguez. I am very late to the boat on this guy. I only watched the documentary "Searching for Sugar Man" this past winter. But it was made in 2012. I don't want to ruin the story but I highly suggest anyone who hasn't heard of him to watch this documentary. It is amazing. Here is a link to watch it free
http://watchdocumentaries.com/searching-for-sugar-man/

Sorry if I posted this before...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rod.jpg (63.2 KB, 201 views)

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears

Last edited by mcgwirecom; 07-14-2018 at 04:52 PM.
Old 11-03-2015, 01:13 PM

I went and saw icp(insane clown posse) last weekend in Columbus. you might laugh but i have listened to them since middle school around 94-95 and still love the music.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:03 AM

Default Concerts

I saw the Psychedelic Furs last week. Still sound as good as they did when they played 1980s alternative stuff.

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I have been going non stop lately, many of my favorites have come to NYC.

Eric Clapton
The Who
VAN MORRISON !!!
Billy Joel
John Fogerty

all in the past few weeks.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Jason Albregts

Upcoming I have:

Punch Brothers
The Who (rescheduled for the 2nd time)
Dead & Company (possibly)
Old 11-24-2015, 07:13 PM
Ray Novak

Default A couple from this past summer

Got to see the Stones on June 23 and Neil Young on July 5 at the same venue in Milwaukee. First time for the Stones since 1972 and haven't seen Neil since CSNY. Looking forward to Jason Isbell in February.
Old 11-25-2015, 06:57 AM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderfinger View Post
Got to see the Stones on June 23 and Neil Young on July 5 at the same venue in Milwaukee. First time for the Stones since 1972 and haven't seen Neil since CSNY. Looking forward to Jason Isbell in February.
Hey, 1972 - that was The Stones Exile On Main Street tour. I saw them at The Forum in Inglewood, L.A. Stevie Wonder opened for them (his Talking Book record had just come out). Totally great concert! The last time I saw the Stones was 1989, the Steel Wheels tour. My nephew had just moved to NY and was staying with me, was listening to the radio and won two tickets for being ?#-caller contest. He took me with him because he couldn't decide between two other friends his own age. It was either at Shea or Yankee Stadium - I don't recall exactly. BTW, I'm in the Waiting On A Friend video, they filmed it at a bar I used to manage in the East Village.

Last edited by Paul S; 11-25-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:53 AM
J0$H B^ck!ey

This year was only two:

Neil Young
Motorhead \m/\m/
22/39 Unique Backs 56%
80/86 Minors 93%
25/48 Southern Leaguers 52%
6/10 Billy Sullivan back run 60%

237PSA / 94 SGC / 98 RAW

Excel spreadsheets only $5
T3, T201, T202, T204, T205, T206, T207, 1914 CJ, 1915 CJ, Topps 1952-1979, and more!!!!

Checklists sold (20)

T205 8/208 3.8%

Last edited by Joshchisox08; 12-03-2015 at 09:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2016, 12:39 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul S View Post
Hey, 1972 - that was The Stones Exile On Main Street tour. I saw them at The Forum in Inglewood, L.A. Stevie Wonder opened for them (his Talking Book record had just come out). Totally great concert! The last time I saw the Stones was 1989, the Steel Wheels tour. My nephew had just moved to NY and was staying with me, was listening to the radio and won two tickets for being ?#-caller contest. He took me with him because he couldn't decide between two other friends his own age. It was either at Shea or Yankee Stadium - I don't recall exactly. BTW, I'm in the Waiting On A Friend video, they filmed it at a bar I used to manage in the East Village.
Paul,
It was at Shea, I was also there. And Jagger remarked how the Mets did not have a good season .
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 06-28-2016 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Br3tt K0llin

Been to three concerts in the past six weeks or so:

Blake Shelton - wife wanted to go - turned out to be better than I expected. Gwen Stefani came out and they did a duet together which was pretty cool. Not even in the same league as the next two, though.

Eric Church - Outstanding show - played two sets that spanned about three hours. I'd been looking forward to this show for months with high expectations, and he did not disappoint. Highly recommended!

Chris Stapleton - absolutely PHENOMENAL. If you haven't seen this guy live you are missing out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2017, 02:28 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Going to see Judah and the Lion next Saturday in Nashville at the Ryman Auditorium...then the Samples in Fairfield, CT the following Friday. Noel Gallagher on November 27th in NYC...

I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.

Last edited by Big Six; 08-30-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:32 PM
pete ullman

I'm also going to see Junior Gong Damian Marley in NYC next week...super excited!
Old 11-02-2017, 04:22 PM

Default Johnny Clegg

Last Tuesday at BB Kings in NYC. It's his farewell tour since being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is one of my favorite musicians and has had an exemplary career in music and civil rights in South Africa. The show was fantastic and energetic. I will miss his near annual visits to the city.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

For my Birthday this past weekend, my wife treated me to a Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute at the New Hope (PA) Winery nearby where we live.

The group was tremendous performing all the music in CCR's Cosmo's Factory album....and, also additional CCR songs.

The lead singer's musical style very closely resembled John Fogerty.

TED Z
Old 11-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Jim H

Yesterday bought tickets to Guns n Roses for next Saturday. Today I purchase tickets for Loverboy and Little River Band next January and February
Old 11-15-2017, 10:41 AM
Richard Simon

Tomorrow night ---- on Broadway ----
BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN.
--
Old 11-15-2017, 11:16 AM

Last concert I rolled to was in Buffalo for The Claypool Lennon Delirium...

This wasn't the concert, but is a great set from them...It is John Lennon's son and dude from Primus, who is ridiculous on the bass...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAEHyKi0eP8&t=600s

Last edited by kvnkvnkvn; 11-17-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:15 AM
Richard Simon

Wow,,, Saw Bruce Springsteen last night on Broadway.
Not like his usual stadium rock n roll shows but spectacular nonetheless.
Two + hours, Bruce on guitar, Bruce on piano, two songs with Patty and much patter about his life story.
It was enthralling, especially because he does my two favorite songs in the show,, Long Walk Home and Brilliant Disguise.
He brought the crowd to a feverish peak with Land Of Hope and Dreams and closed, of course, with Born To Run.
His tribute to Clarence Clemmons on Tenth Avenue Freeze out was very moving.
I know the show is sold out but if you are in or near NYC and can get tickets, this is so worth seeing.
I have tickets to see him again in December and no they are not for sale .
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-17-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2018, 05:51 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Saw Big Head Todd & The Monsters on Saturday night...great show!

I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 02-17-2018, 10:20 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2018, 05:22 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

I never miss BHTM when they come through...

Old 07-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Richard Simon

Got a few coming up: Van Morrison, Paul Simon, Phil Collins.
--
Old 07-06-2018, 09:53 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Started making cards for shows I’ve gone to...

Last edited by Big Six; 07-06-2018 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 05:02 AM
Michael S.

I was at XFinity for Dave as well. Great show from the pit. I'm going to SPAC for two more next weekend and then Jones Beach for another the following week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Six View Post
Started making cards for shows I’ve gone to...

1951 Bowman - Mantle
T206 Cobb - Bat Off
M116 Wagner - Blue
E98 - Wagner
1947 Bond Bread - Robinson
1923 Exhibit - Stengel
1936 R314 - Goudey Premium Wide Pens #44
Old 12-08-2023, 07:05 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Had to accompany my youngest to see Travis Scott. It wasn’t my type of music but at least he’s an Astros guy. I want to go to Cruel World coming up. I wouldn’t mind seeing Ministry and Duran Duran. I think Adam Ant is supposed to be there too. He was a no show somewhere recently, I think visa issues.

Old 12-10-2023, 01:14 PM
Greg

I saw Elephant Revival last week end and was quite surprised at how damn good they are, Great live show.
Old 12-11-2023, 09:54 AM
Matt

Saw U2 on Nov. 1st in Vegas at the Sphere. Awesome show and unbelievable venue. I've always loved Bono's vocals, but The Edge makes the band.