NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 03-27-2017, 01:05 PM
Joe

Going to Lynyrd Skynyrd on Friday and Journey July 9th.
Last concert I saw was Wishbone Ash in April 2015.
Old 04-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Joe

Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.
Old 04-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
Skynyrd still rocks the house. Drummer and guitars were awesome. Johnny Van Zant still has it. It's great to go to a concert and know every song. saw them before the plane crash and now after. Awesome show!.
Who would have thought these dudes would still be at it all these years later. Think of all the bands they've outlasted. Incredible.
Old 04-04-2017, 11:14 AM
Br3tt K0llin

Been to three concerts in the past six weeks or so:

Blake Shelton - wife wanted to go - turned out to be better than I expected. Gwen Stefani came out and they did a duet together which was pretty cool. Not even in the same league as the next two, though.

Eric Church - Outstanding show - played two sets that spanned about three hours. I'd been looking forward to this show for months with high expectations, and he did not disappoint. Highly recommended!

Chris Stapleton - absolutely PHENOMENAL. If you haven't seen this guy live you are missing out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-04-2017, 11:18 AM
Br3tt K0llin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH3 View Post
Went and saw Night Ranger last Saturday. They can still bring it. It really seemed like they truly enjoyed playing together. Great show!

Awesome! I've been listening to 24 Strings and a Drummer a lot lately in my truck- would like to catch them live someday.
Old 04-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

If you ever have a chance to see The Fab Faux and are a Beatles fan don't miss them. See them once a year and always great.
Old 07-10-2017, 07:22 AM
Joe

Default Journey

Saw Azia and Journey last night. Azia lost their lead singer and founding member in January but before he passed he recommended the new singer. They really put on a great show. I was pleasantly surprised.

Journey. You can tell whos band it is. Neal Schon had 4 solos and quite frankly only one was impressive. Run of the mill rifts. Could have done without 3 of them. But hey, he founded it. Of course the greatest success was after 78 when Steve the voice Perry joined. If you go to see Journey it's all about the vocals. I had the pleasure of hearing Steve Perry in 80ish. Sometimes the notes he hid would send a chill up your spine. but I digress.
Arnel Pineda is about as close as anyone could try to do Journey. They put on a great show and we left pleasantly pleased although sad that we are all older and of course not a concert like the 70's. Miss the 100% totality of concert goings and anyone old enough to know what I'm talking about can relate.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:39 PM
Rich Nelson

I saw Journey and Asia 2 weeks ago. Asia was very good, the highlight was Carl Palmers drum solo. The man is a machine.

This is the sixth time that I have seen Journey, and probably my least favorite of the six. I would have liked a few more 70s songs and a lot less Neil Shon solos. One would have been fine, cut in half, but 4? Just a bit self-indulgent. It also would have been nice of them to introduce the new keyboardist and let him have a short solo like everyone else.

If it sound like I am complaining, I am not. They still put on an awesome show. Saw them 3 times in 79 and the last 3 times with Arnel Pineda. The guy had some huge shoes to fill and does a great job.

About a month ago I saw a 2 day country concert at Ohio Stadium with 10 bands including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and several others. I thought the lineup was a bit weak with the opening groups compared to the last 2 years, but still a good show.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:28 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsn1661 View Post
I saw Journey and Asia 2 weeks ago. Asia was very good, the highlight was Carl Palmers drum solo. The man is a machine.

This is the sixth time that I have seen Journey, and probably my least favorite of the six. I would have liked a few more 70s songs and a lot less Neil Shon solos. One would have been fine, cut in half, but 4? Just a bit self-indulgent. It also would have been nice of them to introduce the new keyboardist and let him have a short solo like everyone else.

If it sound like I am complaining, I am not. They still put on an awesome show. Saw them 3 times in 79 and the last 3 times with Arnel Pineda. The guy had some huge shoes to fill and does a great job.

About a month ago I saw a 2 day country concert at Ohio Stadium with 10 bands including Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban, Miranda Lambert and several others. I thought the lineup was a bit weak with the opening groups compared to the last 2 years, but still a good show.
Rich, Great minds think alike. Both drum solos were top great. They were touting Neil as a guitar god. Hmmm. When you've seen Clapton, Alvin Lee, Jeff Beck and Stanley Jordan it's kind of a stretch to put him anywhere near that status. I could name 6 others I've seen that had less solo time that could run circles around him. Still a great time had by all.
Old 07-11-2017, 01:55 PM
Archive

\m/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Metallica wired.jpg (8.8 KB, 150 views)
Old 07-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Richard Simon

Emmylou Harris, Carlene Carter and John Mellencamp at Forest Hills Stadium in NYC on a hot night July 11.
John really rocked as always.
But why are there always people who insist on talking during concerts like they are sitting at home in their living room. I turned around to the woman behind me after she was very loudly talking non stop for 10 minutes and I just said "Are you going to talk through the entire show?" That did get her to STFU.
Why do these people spend $100++ to see a show and just yak away??
Half an hour after that two women two rows behind me could not shut up. They scream louder so they can hear themselves yammering away over the music. I said to them "Some of us would like to listen to the music, not listen to you screaming" and they also STFU.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 07-12-2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-12-2017, 04:36 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Amen to what Richard said.

We went to see America at the Alameda County Fair during the Fourth of July weekend, and the 2 idiot ladies in front of us (probably in their later 30's) spent the entire time taking selfies -- we're talking untold numbers of selfies -- and then posting them to facebook and continually checking to see if anyone was posting comments. Not once did I see them even look towards the stage. The light from their phones kept going on and off, on and off. It was stupidly ridiculous how self-centered these d-bags were, so each time they posed for another selfie I got closer to them and put my middle finger right behind their stupid heads and into their pictures. They finally noticed, turned around to 'stare me down,' and I just smiled broadly and laughed at them. So they got up and left and the people around me gave us high fives. Man, that felt good. Watch the goddamn show, people!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 07-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Richard Simon

And also another real douche bag stunt,, one clown to my right and two rows in front of us was holding up his cell phone to Facebook live the show to what were probably his two adoring friends. People were screaming at him and he seemed totally oblivious to them. Eventually his arm got tired and he put it down.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 07-13-2017, 05:29 PM
pete ullman

im thinking about trying to scalp for queen tomorrow night...has anyone seen them w/adam lambert?
Old 07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
im thinking about trying to scalp for queen tomorrow night...has anyone seen them w/adam lambert?
They liked him in Edmonton, and although I know Freddy will never be replaced, I can't help but think there were better choices/voices out there than Adam Lambert.
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertain...t-rogers-place

Just my opinion of course, but he sounds to soft, low key to try and sing like Freddy, and personally, I don't think he is that great of a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUef6VzJJw8
Old 07-14-2017, 06:47 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
They liked him in Edmonton, and although I know Freddy will never be replaced, I can't help but think there were better choices/voices out there than Adam Lambert.
http://edmontonjournal.com/entertain...t-rogers-place

Just my opinion of course, but he sounds to soft, low key to try and sing like Freddy, and personally, I don't think he is that great of a singer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUef6VzJJw8
thx for the links...tickets are pretty expensive. I agree with most you said although I like him as a Freddy replacement...not sure who'd be better?

Not sure I'll be ponying up the $$$$ to go tonight...but we shall see!!!!
Old 07-14-2017, 06:49 AM
pete ullman

As soon as Ray Manzarek died...I regretted never having seem the surviving Doors play...jus to hear the music!!!!
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
thx for the links...tickets are pretty expensive. I agree with most you said although I like him as a Freddy replacement...not sure who'd be better?

Not sure I'll be ponying up the $$$$ to go tonight...but we shall see!!!!
I am not sure either, Pete, or to what lengths they went to to find another singer, but if memory serves, they seemed to pick Adam quite quickly after his American Idol run.

Like I mentioned, he just sounds too soft, unable to reach the high notes, lacks enthusiasm, imo, to be Freddy's replacement.

Maybe I am being too harsh and I'm expecting to hear Freddy in every song, but, imo, Adam has a lot of room for improvement.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Josh

I saw Iron Maiden with Ghost Tuesday. Great show but apparently someone from one of the bands requested that the A/C shouldn't be turned on, so it felt like it was at least 80 inside.
Old 07-15-2017, 08:10 AM
pete ullman

I passed last night on queen. I'll save my $$$$ and energy for the anti semite Roger Waters in a few weeks!!!!!

But it looks like they did pretty well...I mean Freddy is dead...and who could possibly replace him?????

http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/14...-adam-lambert/
Old 07-15-2017, 07:00 PM
John

Default Classic West

If anybody goes to the concert at Dodger Stadium tonight can we have a review in the morning?

thanks,
John
Old 07-16-2017, 01:56 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
There was a good show last night in my bathroom.
Oh Boy where I begin. I lathered up the 'strings' of body hair and bubbly 'vocals' were flowing from high above. The drums were tub stomping away the b'ass tunes from arear's. As soon as the soap touched the visionary peak, the vocals were a 'blazing' on fire. the spin on the turntable and gargling of minty notes on the harmonica was to a glorious end on the bowl of fame.
How was your night??

Chris - Evidently, not many read your post or didn't want to dignify it with a response.

I, however, believe you deserve some recognition and 'credit'...
you sick puppy, you!

Cheers!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 07-20-2017, 09:06 PM
Jim H

Going to see Buddy Guy and Johnny Lang next weekend. Has anyone seen these two?
Old 07-21-2017, 12:06 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Saw incubus a couple nights ago at Jones Beach. Great show!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:31 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Saw Paul McCartney on 7/7 in Miami. No opening act, came on at straight up 8:30 and played until 11:30 AND HE IS 75 YEARS YOUNG!!!!

Simply AMAZING show!!
Old 07-22-2017, 11:55 PM
Todd

Default ...

Korn & Stone Sour tomorrow night!
Old 08-30-2017, 10:22 AM
pete ullman

I saw Johny Mellencamp at the MN state fair last night...he put on a really good show of most of his hits and a few golden oldies from Blues Legends. Rain on the scarecrow and pink houses were highlights for me!
Old 08-30-2017, 01:16 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Going to Third Eye Blind in a couple of weeks. Haven't been to a show in a while.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:28 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default Seen any concerts lately?

Going to see Judah and the Lion next Saturday in Nashville at the Ryman Auditorium...then the Samples in Fairfield, CT the following Friday. Noel Gallagher on November 27th in NYC...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.

Last edited by Big Six; 08-30-2017 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:32 PM
pete ullman

I'm also going to see Junior Gong Damian Marley in NYC next week...super excited!
Old 08-30-2017, 06:33 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Anyone who can see Sir Paul and misses it is crazy. This is musical history. And he won't be around forever. To say Paul live is magic would be an severe understatement.

QUOTE=gnaz01;1683103]Saw Paul McCartney on 7/7 in Miami. No opening act, came on at straight up 8:30 and played until 11:30 AND HE IS 75 YEARS YOUNG!!!!

Simply AMAZING show!![/QUOTE]
Old 08-30-2017, 08:52 PM
Rob

Quote:
I saw Johny Mellencamp at the MN state fair last night...he put on a really good show of most of his hits and a few golden oldies from Blues Legends. Rain on the scarecrow and pink houses were highlights for me!
It's a shame JCM is on the state fair circuit. Dude had a 15 year run of BRILLANCE, starting with Scarecrow.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:56 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
Going to Third Eye Blind in a couple of weeks. Haven't been to a show in a while.
I loved those guys, in the day. I've never seen them and whenever I get the chance it seems they are either a) playing in a terrible venue or b) the bill includes 3-4 s**t bands I have no desire to see or hear.
Old 09-01-2017, 12:14 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

We got the country singer Trace Adkins performing Sept 16th @ the forum.
Plenty of girls in cowboy boots!!!!
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice
Old 09-16-2017, 09:39 AM
Richard Simon

I am seeing Paul McCartney on Tuesday at Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn.
Last night he was at MSG.
Look at what happened:
https://youtu.be/cIKDbii1vZI
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-16-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:00 AM
Richard Simon

I can only repeat what has been said here before.
Saw Sir Paul McCartney last nite at Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn.
The man is amazing.
75 years old and sounds as good after three hours as the opening Hard Days Night number.
Fabulous show.
--
Old 09-20-2017, 10:38 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

75 years old. . . . .three hours . . . . .no break . . . does he even take a sip of water??? Enough to almost make me want to give up steak and hamburgers.
Old 09-20-2017, 11:10 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
75 years old. . . . .three hours . . . . .no break . . . does he even take a sip of water??? Enough to almost make me want to give up steak and hamburgers.
Is Paul a vegetarian?
It is so obvious when he is on stage he just loves what he is doing. Obviously he does not need the money he really does this for the joy, of course he is not turning down the money .
He responds to yells from the crowd, he jokes with the audience, he reads the signs that fans carry. He puts on a fantastic show.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 09-20-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-20-2017, 05:48 PM
Brandon Bailey

Saw Roger Waters a few weeks back in Philly, Spectacular, always puts on a great show!
Old 09-21-2017, 11:07 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooo-ribay View Post
It's a shame JCM is on the state fair circuit. Dude had a 15 year run of BRILLANCE, starting with Scarecrow.
not a shame at all!!!! I think it fits him better! IT was a great show...and Damian Marley Kicked Ass!!!!!
Old 09-21-2017, 08:23 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I can only repeat what has been said here before.
Saw Sir Paul McCartney last nite at Barclays Ctr in Brooklyn.
The man is amazing.
75 years old and sounds as good after three hours as the opening Hard Days Night number.
Fabulous show.
Saw him in July in Miami on his opening night for his US tour , just simply AMAZING!!!!

Last edited by gnaz01; 09-21-2017 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2017, 12:57 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

As a celebration of the end of the summer I took my daughter (19 y.o.) to the Green Day show at the Rose Bowl. We are both huge fans of the band; me from before she was born.

We had floor seats but got an email on Thursday that they had eliminated the seats and made the floor general admission. I figured that would be unpleasant.

I was wrong. We ended up about 75 feet from the stage, right near the mosh pit. AMAZING show. 2:30 of kick-ass intensity. The band is incredibly tight and energetic.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 09-22-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Ronald Glenn

Location: Lake Norman N. Carolina ( New Jersey Born and Raised)

Went last night to see The Devil Don't Sleep Brantley Gilbert Concert at Walnut Creek Raleigh NC , Luke Combs was good but after that all down hill
Old 09-24-2017, 08:46 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Great band. One of the best of the modern era. Would live to see them.

QUOTE=Exhibitman;1703439]As a celebration of the end of the summer I took my daughter (19 y.o.) to the Green Day show at the Rose Bowl. We are both huge fans of the band; me from before she was born.

We had floor seats but got an email on Thursday that they had eliminated the seats and made the floor general admission. I figured that would be unpleasant.

I was wrong. We ended up about 75 feet from the stage, right near the mosh pit. AMAZING show. 2:30 of kick-ass intensity. The band is incredibly tight and energetic.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-24-2017, 08:57 PM
Paul Peters

Saw Sir Paul McCartney last night at the Carrier Done in Syracuse. Played non-stop for 3 solid hours. The most amazing experience of my life.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:04 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
But why are there always people who insist on talking during concerts like they are sitting at home in their living room.
This brought back a memory I had forgotten... in the 90's I saw Tori Amos in a theater. It was just her with her piano. I was in the balcony and could hear two girls in floor seats yapping away over the music. Tori stopped playing and said, "hey girls, if you move your conversation to the lobby I promise not to bring my piano out there and bug you". The whole crowd cheered and they STFU for the rest of the show.

My collection: https://www.instagram.com/collectingbrooklyn/
Old 10-09-2017, 10:41 AM
Todd

Default Rock Allegiance...

Fun day. Ded, Mastodon, Greta VanFleet, Gojira, 5 Finger Death Punch, In This Moment, Rob Zombie, among others.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:22 PM

Default Johnny Clegg

Last Tuesday at BB Kings in NYC. It's his farewell tour since being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. He is one of my favorite musicians and has had an exemplary career in music and civil rights in South Africa. The show was fantastic and energetic. I will miss his near annual visits to the city.
Old 11-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

For my Birthday this past weekend, my wife treated me to a Creedence Clearwater Revival Tribute at the New Hope (PA) Winery nearby where we live.

The group was tremendous performing all the music in CCR's Cosmo's Factory album....and, also additional CCR songs.

The lead singer's musical style very closely resembled John Fogerty.

TED Z
Old 11-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Jim H

Yesterday bought tickets to Guns n Roses for next Saturday. Today I purchase tickets for Loverboy and Little River Band next January and February