NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-10-2009, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Default Returning item to seller......

Posted By: Dave F

I had an item I won off ebay that I had to file a paypal dispute on. I received a message this morning that looks like the seller agreed to take it back and then refund. (although the paypal claim still shows as I may or may not get a refund, but I have 10 days to get the item back to him).

I'm hoping for one I do in fact get the refund..I'll be pretty ticked if paypal sent me something saying to send it back to him in 10 days and then won't refund me.

How should I send it back? It was a $150+ item...basically it wasn't in the shape it was described to be in. Do I just insure it and do a delivery confirmation? Signature confirmation? Just not sure what he could pull if he wanted to on his end...

Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay wolt

I would insure for the full $150 value and have Delivery Conformation as well.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Laura

These situations are always a pain. The couple of times I've had to return, I never received a refund for the amount it took to send the item back, only the original purchase and shipping.

If I were you, I'd send it back insured, with DC and signature. You'll be out your return postage, but at that point the seller is required to refund your original money (actually, I'm pretty sure PayPal does it for them.) Keep the tracking number, and enter it on the PP website in the dispute console. Once they verify that it has been delivered you should get the refund in a couple of days.

It irks me that the buyer is out the money to refund defective items. I had a seller send something that was damaged, and then tried to "false positive" me in feedback about it after I got the final refund. I complained to eBay about it and they removed the comments, but I was still out the money to return, which I think isn't fair. If the item is "significantly not as described" then the seller should have to eat the return, IMNSHO. And I say that as a buyer and a seller.

The only time I had someone complain about an item being SNAD, I did an immediate refund and told them to just keep it. Mind you, it wasn't an expensive item ($10 card) but I thought it wasn't worth getting negged over.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim VB

I would do Signature Confirmation. Delivery Confirmation might not be enough.

Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

The other thing...assuming I get my money back, is it wrong at that point to leave negative feedback? He left me positive right away. I had originally contacted him and told him I recieved the item but it was not as described in the listing and the pictures also didn't show the true condition. He emailed me back fairly quickly saying "it didn't leave here in that condition, was I sure it was so and so". He then said "get back to me on this ASAP". I wrote him back probably 30 minutes later...and heard nothing for the next two days. So at that point I opened up a paypal dispute. Of course he responded to the dispute within 20 minutes..so it wasn't like he hasn't been around the computer. It just ticks me off he couldn't even respond to me and say either send it back or jump off a bridge or something.

Also ticks me off he didn't insure the package...just a delivery confirmation. He did state in his auction that there was a $2 fee for insurance because he's had bad experiences in the past...but he blame sure didn't insure what he sent me (not that it was damaged in shipping anyway).

I've never left a negative..but am pretty tempted on this one.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

DC is good for returns valued at 250.00 or less.

Signature is required for transactions over 250.00

A seller can refund only the purchase price or any amount
for that matter as partial refunds are also allowed.

IMO if you send this item back with the proper confirmation
paypal will side with you. The seller usually sends payment.

I have had sellers refund only the purchase price, purchase price
and shipping, and once return shipping as well.

I've never filed a SNAD so I can't speak to that.

I have in the 3 or 4 cases I mentioned above to have agreed
to mutually cancel the deal so the seller could get back his fees.

Once I did that before I got the refund, I do not advise you to do that.

After you have the refund in hand then mutually agree. Also, if the seller
has no funds in his paypal account at the time of refund the refund will show as pending for 2 to 3 days. That is the time it takes for his bank to
send the dough.

Good luck.

Steve

Old 02-10-2009, 10:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

signature conformation, insured. get your refund. do not leave a neg.....just not worth it imo.