NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:20 PM
Belltown Vintage

Default WTF? Another numbskull ebayer

Normally I ignore this stuff, but I would love to wrap this guy upside the head, just to see if it's hollow:

T207 reprint for $175
Old 01-12-2012, 12:31 PM
Dan Brown

Its probably a nm-m reprint. You could probably win it at $150
Old 01-12-2012, 12:35 PM
Belltown Vintage

While I'm ranting...

Who is Tonyetrade on ebay? This guy has completely massacred all of my vintage card searches I hate to block an ebay handle in my searches, but his mark-ups preclude our ever doing business.
Old 01-12-2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
While I'm ranting...

Who is Tonyetrade on ebay?
Tony Arnold. High BIN, but some very good auctions over the last few years. Reliable dealer. He had a big setup at the 2011 National.

Cheers,
Blair
Old 01-12-2012, 01:37 PM

Default Price reduction ad absurdem

Quote:
Normally I ignore this stuff, but I would love to wrap this guy upside the head, just to see if it's hollow:

T207 reprint for $175

The seller previously had it for auction at $200 BIN...I'm kinda tempted at this new lower price.

Brian
Old 01-12-2012, 02:18 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosox Blair View Post
Tony Arnold. High BIN, but some very good auctions over the last few years. Reliable dealer. He had a big setup at the 2011 National.

Cheers,
Blair
That's great, but he's crushing the vintage card section - he needs to at least come in from Pluto and get more in the Venus or Mars range.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:29 PM
Dan Studebaker

There is a free list day today so eBay is going to be swamped no matter what.

Tony has a very effective business model, I am sure he is doing very well on Pluto.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:31 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosox Blair View Post

Cheers,
Blair
That's great, but he's crushing the vintage card section - he needs to at least come in from Pluto and get more in the Venus or Mars range.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default a good hobby friend

Tony Arnold (TonyEtrade) is a good hobby friend. His starting prices might be a bit high but unlike some other ebay sellers with high prices, Tony is actually a smart guy. He will give deep discounts (sometimes) depending on the card. He will work good trades out too,. He is a lot of fun to party with and has that going for him also!! We spend a fair amount of time together at each National.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:39 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Tony Arnold (TonyEtrade) is a good hobby friend. His starting prices might be a bit high but unlike some other ebay sellers with high prices, Tony is actually a smart guy. He will give deep discounts (sometimes) depending on the card. He will work good trades out too,. He is a lot of fun to party with and has that going for him also!! We spend a fair amount of time together at each National.
He's swamping the vintage section with high BIN's - since he's your friend, and he's a smart guy, you might mention to him the effect this has on potential customers. I, for one, have removed his handle from all of my vintage searches, simply because he's made it difficult to find the legitimate auctions.

His auctions are basically useless 'noise'.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:41 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstudeba View Post
There is a free list day today so eBay is going to be swamped no matter what.

Tony has a very effective business model, I am sure he is doing very well on Pluto.
Maybe, but I'm not seeing it. I can no longer see Pluto - buying here on Earth. If his business model is effective, I'd love to understand it better so that I could make it work for myself, but it eludes me.

BTW - I too, cut sellers slack because they are nice people and like to drink beer. However, we give other sellers with similar business models, loads of shlt on this board. Just saying. Also, I don't know Tony - if I did, I probably would have just rolled my eyes when I saw his motherload dumped on ebay, and moved on. I did see a few cards that were overpriced but I wanted them , so I'll make an offer and see what happens. Thanks.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-12-2012 at 03:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:21 PM
Rawn Hill

you removed his "handle "from searches, trashed his business and now will make a couple of offers? I can't wait to hear how that goes. Rap him upside the head if he doesn't accept your offers.

Rawn

Last edited by carrigansghost; 01-12-2012 at 04:22 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:16 PM

Quote:

T207 reprint for $175
Actually, this guy has been trying to sell the same card for a while now. He first started with a BIN of $2000 (just like the back of the card says ).
Old 01-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrigansghost View Post
you removed his "handle "from searches, trashed his business and now will make a couple of offers? I can't wait to hear how that goes. Rap him upside the head if he doesn't accept your offers.

Rawn
Rawn - if I report back with the results, I doubt you'll "hear" any more than you "heard" from my previous posts.

But all is not lost - I do have a solution for you: Take a large pair of forceps with your left hand, hold a mirror slightly to the the right of your face with your right hand, and use the forceps to slowly remove the large arthropod that you have wedged up your posterior. You will feel better and so will we.

Edited to add: you have to remove your pants first.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-12-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
Actually, this guy has been trying to sell the same card for a while now. He first started with a BIN of $2000 (just like the back of the card says ).
Aahhh yes - now I remember this particular reprint from the old days. I had forgotten - thanks.
Old 01-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Shaun Fyffe

+1 for Tony Arnold. I have bought from him in the past and nothing but good to say about him.

Currently seeking Jackie Robinson cards
Old 01-12-2012, 05:55 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyBrown View Post
+1 for Tony Arnold. I have bought from him in the past and nothing but good to say about him.
Are you doing the BINs?

I could be missing it, but I'm not seeing 'make offer' buttons on these listings.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Are you doing the BINs?

I could be missing it, but I'm not seeing 'make offer' buttons on these listings.
Scott- it's this new thing called....wait a minute, you'll never believe it......"email"
Old 01-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Scott- it's this new thing called....wait a minute, you'll never believe it......"email"
Leon - I get it. Tony's your friend. I knew when I made the initial post about his ebay swamping with high BIN's, that a few of his friends would take offense. Next time I have some sarcasm to impart, I'll telegraph it better. Maybe even send you one of those things I hear are called....."email".

Last edited by Runscott; 01-12-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 06:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Leon - I get it. Tony's your friend. I knew when I made the initial post about his ebay swamping with high BIN's, that a few of his friends would take offense. Next time I have some sarcasm to impart, I'll telegraph it better. Maybe even send you one of those things I hear are called....."email".
It takes a whole lot more than that to offend me Scott. Remember, while you were away for the last 5-6 yrs I was here on the board. As far as taking offense, I took no offense at all. I was only sticking up for a friend a little bit. I don't like wading through all of those listings either. I only made the comment that unlike some other ebayers, if you see something you really like, then Tony is a guy that will be a bit smarter (to me) about his high BIN's....I was actually trying to help before I threw in the tiny bit of sarcasm.... .
Old 01-12-2012, 07:10 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
....I was actually trying to help before I threw in the tiny bit of sarcasm.... .
I got that, and if you read my response to that comment of yours, you'll see that it was taken to heart.

Where are all the hypocrites when you actually could use their support?
Old 01-12-2012, 07:15 PM
Rawn Hill

Ok, now I get it Scott, you have been around for a couple of months and have over a thousand post on every topic. You can take this as an invite to kiss my ass. Read through the thread, you are an ass. You insult people, their business plan then think you can make an offer, what a dumbass.

Rawn
Old 01-12-2012, 07:18 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Ok, now I get it Scott, you have been around for a couple of months and have over a thousand post on every topic. You can take this as an invite to kiss my ass. Read through the thread, you are an ass. You insult people, their business plan then think you can make an offer, what a dumbass.

Rawn
Rawn, I couldn't care less if you even existed, but this isn't my first board - the 'newbie' defense is always where the illogical head. Great job being average.

I live in Seattle - bring that sweet Ass of yours up here and present it for a kissing. Then go buy some ice for the plane ride home.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Rawn Hill

No problem, did the BP security in Blaine, I can find a place to stay for the minutes it will take. I don't respond well to challenges and why have you been on many boards? Kicked off them I presume.

Rawn

Last edited by carrigansghost; 01-12-2012 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Dan Bretta

Jeez...the board was doing so well lately and now we have major meltdowns on the memorabilia side and people wanting to throw down on the card side.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Jeez...the board was doing so well lately and now we have major meltdowns on the memorabilia side and people wanting to throw down on the card side.
Dan, my apologies. It is ridiculous. And besides, since I was never a security guard, I'm obviously ill-equipped for such confrontations, either physically or mentally.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
We went to a fight and a hockey game broke out!!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Rawn Hill

Not a security guard, microwave communications, tower climber, try your luck. I don't play with others that make challenges, especially when they are prime candidates for d-bags of the year.

Rawn
Old 01-12-2012, 07:52 PM
Rawn Hill

Here ya go Scotty, you claim to be a T206 guru, so show me a Carrigan with a CB back. dare you, it is my one area of study. You post in every thread and know nothing that has not already been brought up. We call that a pretender here where I live.

Rawn
Old 01-12-2012, 08:42 PM
Pete Sycks

Thems fightin' words
Old 01-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Here ya go Scotty, you claim to be a T206 guru, so show me a Carrigan with a CB back. dare you, it is my one area of study. You post in every thread and know nothing that has not already been brought up. We call that a pretender here where I live.

Rawn
I have a better one for you: show me where I claimed to be a T206 guru.

If you can do so, I will leave this board and never come back.

If you cannot, I expect you to do the same.

Do we have a deal? and by the way - I believe you when you say that is your one area of study. 'One' being the key word.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-12-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 AM
Pup6913

Scott for what it's worth I have had several big transactions with Tony A. All of which ended with me getting a great deal and everybody knows I'm a cheap ass. The funny thing is I have yet to deal one for myself. These were done for other guys that couldn't be at the shows. Either way he is great to work with.

Ps. Take it easy on Rawn. He means well and is quite pleasant to talk with when your not on the list.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:57 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Scott for what it's worth I have had several big transactions with Tony A. All of which ended with me getting a great deal and everybody knows I'm a cheap ass. The funny thing is I have yet to deal one for myself. These were done for other guys that couldn't be at the shows. Either way he is great to work with.

Ps. Take it easy on Rawn. He means well and is quite pleasant to talk with when your not on the list.
Andrew, I appreciate your pleasant post. I totally understand that Tony is a great guy. If he were not, you all would be using this thread to pile on him the same way you do when someone complains about Mike Wheat or Kit Young swamping the vintage card section with high-priced BIN's.

But I do understand your reactions - I have defended Mike Wheat and Kit Young in similar threads, because, like you with Tony, I've bought cards from them at very fair prices. Defending your friends is only natural.

In the end, this is only cardboard - I'm not going to go into the weekend with any anger over any of this.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:13 PM
Rawn Hill

Ok, someone that has a website called T206themonster.com and is a little prick over someone else with a website isn't per se calling themselves a T206 guru, then I stand corrected. I have other collecting areas of study, W.E. Mains baseball bats, Maine baseball history and 1906-1916 Red Sox. I have contributed to this board and I will accept your challenge to leave and will appeciate not having to read anymore of your posts.

If my evidence is not enough, then I invite everyone to reread your posts in the competing threads with your website.............Oh, that's right you deleted them.

You come on here and trash someone that runs a respectable business, then learn that he is a respected member of the collecting and selling community and have a change of heart.

Is there any subject on the board where you do not come off as a blowhard?

Rawn
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:

You come on here and trash someone that runs a respectable business, then learn that he is a respected member of the collecting and selling community and have a change of heart.

Rawn, yes - I said as much previously in this thread.

My apologies to any harm that you feel I have done you or your hobby.

Have a great weekend.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:48 PM
Rawn Hill

Bye
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:

If my evidence is not enough, then I invite everyone to reread your posts in the competing threads with your website.............Oh, that's right you deleted them.
The goal was not to fight with Tim - it was to discuss. The discussion devolved, and since Tim had not been quoting my posts, I thought it best to delete them. I sort of expected him to delete his as well, and at that point the thread could have gone back in a more civil direction.

The thread was hard to kill, simply because there were people who wanted to continually bring it back to life, as you are doing here - board members who wanted to keep that alignment of 'us vs them' going so that we could have a rousing fight and do a lot of name-calling.

I am not an expert at anything, but yes, I do have a website - I enjoy this hobby and the website is an extension of that. I assume you have some sort of website as well, related to things that interest you. Maybe you are an expert at those things - maybe not.

I have no idea why some people decide out of nowhere to hate other in a forum. I have only met two people on card forums that I felt that way about, and both involved threats of bodily harm that were actually quite serious. Nothing came of it - one of the guys is now in prison and the other rarely posts here, but I have nothing against him anymore. He knows who he is, and I would guess he has nothing against me any longer, either.

If you really want to 'win' this discussion and continue to insult me, then knock yourself out. I've been called every name in the book at some point or another.

Again, my apologies for offending you.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Rawn Hill

So " bring your sweet ass" was just the post of a little punk? Is that not an invite? Then when you learn that I have the means and the attitude to do it, you back off?

Bye, I shall not miss your posts, your game.

You have met more than 2 members of the board.

Rawn
Old 01-13-2012, 05:42 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
So " bring your sweet ass" was just the post of a little punk? Is that not an invite? Then when you learn that I have the means and the attitude to do it, you back off?

Bye, I shall not miss your posts, your game.

You have met more than 2 members of the board.

Rawn
My apology was sincere. I should not have baited you with that post, and I definitely apologize for that.

Seriously - my apologies.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Rawn Hill

Son, you don't realize one thing.........your challenge, you are leaving. I would post the emails in support, but out of respect, I will not. Keep challenging people to personal harm, keep posting on thing you know nothing about and just keep on being a d-bag in general, O wait you are leaving....never mind.

Rawn

Last edited by carrigansghost; 01-13-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:15 PM
Danny Smith

Tonyetrade is the best of the best. Ive worked a number of deals with him off ebay. He and his brother are two of the best dirtballs to hang with at the national.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:57 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Son, you don't realize one thing.........your challenge, you are leaving. I would post the emails in support, but out of respect, I will not. Keep challenging people to personal harm, keep posting on thing you know nothing about and just keep on being a d-bag in general, O wait you are leaving....never mind.

Rawn
I apologized. Where I come from, when a man apologizes, the other man accepts it. Obviously, you were raised poorly.

There are better people on this board to converse with, so you'll excuse me if I leave this thread permanently.

Sorry Leon, but I've got my limits.
Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Chris Counts

I'm sure many of the these sellers who list endless overpriced BINs are nice people with good intentions, but I still curse them when they clog up my searches. The issue clearly isn't worth fighting over, but as a potential buyer, they don't get my business. I feel the same way about aggressive or manipulative advertisers in general. Life is just too short and sweet for the game they're playing. The way I see it, if you want to sell a card, sell the card. If not, quit dangling it in front me ...
Old 01-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Rawn Hill

Well Scott, you little XXXXX, you are supposed to leave permanently from the board, not just this thread. Now you insult my upbringing. Boy, you just keep digging that hole deeper don't you. I read your other little post to my post in the 50's thread, you are a little XXXXX and it's on now. You seem to have to apologise a lot, counted 14 in a little research this morning, how about not saying crap that you need to say "I'm sorry" for a bit less often. Suspend me, kick me off, I'm not saying sorry to a peice of crap like you.

Try upholding your challenge and leave like a good little boy.

Rawn

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 01-14-2012 at 04:56 PM. Reason: removed expletives
Old 01-14-2012, 01:11 PM
Rawn Hill

I see you are still posting on every thread, nice, just trying to find a friendare you? good for you you little trooper.

Rawn
Old 01-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Dan Bretta

I'm locking this one as it's serving no purpose and is only getting uglier.