NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-18-2016, 04:23 AM

Default Leland's Miracle Auction

Well, how did everyone do in the Leland's Miracle Auction that ended last night?

The one item that I was really interested in winning last night- Gaylord Perry's 1968 no-hitter last ball- Lot 45- didn't happen because of an IT snafu which didn't allow me to place my last bid. Oh well, I suppose it wasn't meant to be.

If anyone on net54 won lot 45 and you would be willing to sell it, please contact me.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 06-18-2016 at 04:25 AM.
Old 06-18-2016, 04:58 AM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

I guess not a huge issue to me because I get up early anyways but I stopped getting outbid notification emails sometime throughout the night. Last evening outbid emails were getting delivered to email inbox. Prior to going to bed around 10pm I was high bidder on two lots. Woke up at 3:30am to check email and no outbid emails so Im thinking I must still be winning those two lots. I log into leland's to find that Ive been outbid on both. No sign of outbid in inbox or junk.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:39 AM
Banned

Probably overpaid a little but love the image.

Old 06-18-2016, 10:47 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth-gehrig View Post
I guess not a huge issue to me because I get up early anyways but I stopped getting outbid notification emails sometime throughout the night. Last evening outbid emails were getting delivered to email inbox. Prior to going to bed around 10pm I was high bidder on two lots. Woke up at 3:30am to check email and no outbid emails so Im thinking I must still be winning those two lots. I log into leland's to find that Ive been outbid on both. No sign of outbid in inbox or junk.
I experienced the same thing, but then Outbid emails came on a delayed basis. Was watching over 40 lots, but came away with just one.
Old 06-18-2016, 12:02 PM
Matt

I got one bat - I was too focused on another lot that I wanted (which I lost) and missed out on some good deals IMO.
I thought the Spalding trophy was cheap and the big leather glove chair was a steal !

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 06-18-2016, 01:43 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Anyone follow Lot 787 - the Cobb Decal Bat? It may have been a gamer, and potentially a tremendous steal at the price it went for. I was concerned about the 33.5" length (short for Cobb) but it matches this one to a tee...

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.co...-lot60915.aspx

I bet it resurfaces (with a nice LOA) and at a much higher price. This is one for which the outbid email notice was delayed... and of course is eating away at me.

Last edited by perezfan; 06-18-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:42 PM
Phil Garry

Default Negro League Baseball Items

I was the high bidder on the '37 Ciudad Trujillo photo until approximately 4:15am when I was outbid and didn't have the funds to go any higher. A big disappointment indeed, if only the auction had closed an hour earlier than the actual 5:15am closing time.... I think the winner still got a pretty good deal, congrats to them.

I was lucky enough to pick up the '35 Negro League broadside picturing six team composite photos from that season. This is the second one of these that I have owned, the previous one I stupidly cut up into six pieces so that I could have Beckett encapsulate them for my BB HOF RC collection at the time. You can rest assured that I won't be doing that again this time around.....

Nice to have my first auction pick-up in nearly a year under my belt.
Old 06-18-2016, 02:55 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Got beat on everything in the middle of the night.

If anyone wants to sell any of the signed baseballs from the Jim Armstrong collections or one of Gaylord Perry's win baseballs, let me know.

Ken
earlywynnfan5@hotmail.com
Old 06-18-2016, 03:57 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Matt - Absolutely agree with you on big leather Dimaggio glove chair. I've already got one but was back up bidder on this one because of the bargain. Im okay that I didnt win it because I really didnt need two. These things are rather large.

Mark - I wondered if the Cobb decal bat could be a gamer although didnt find the link you provided. It matches but since Lelands didnt provide this bat's weight this possibly provided substantial doubt among bidders??
Old 06-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Brock

I doubt Cobb used a 33.5 inch bat. But surprised they didn't described that lot or add more photos to it.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:32 PM
Dave Grob

Default Lelands

0-3
Old 06-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Matt

Cobb is what I was after . It's not a gamer. People need to get realistic on that. All hillerich and sons were hand turned . It's doesn't match his specs . I've seen that bat from 32" to 38" . I wanted it cause it was nicer than most . It will resurface as a pro model and someone will pay more - no doubt about it .

Matt Bub13@aol.com
Always looking for 40k Kork Grip Bats, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ty Cobb, Lou Gehrig and Joe Jackson Bats & Gloves
http://oldbaseballbats.webs.com/
Old 06-19-2016, 05:43 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Since this thread has turned more into a Lelands"close but no cigar" thread I'll add in I was out bid on a team ball with Clemente on the sweet spot. Been trying to add a Clemente ball to my collection for a while but either can't find one within my budget or.... Well that's about the only reason I guess.
Congrats to all the actual winners.

Drew
Old 06-19-2016, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
Since this thread has turned more into a Lelands"close but no cigar" thread I'll add in I was out bid on a team ball with Clemente on the sweet spot. Been trying to add a Clemente ball to my collection for a while but either can't find one within my budget or.... Well that's about the only reason I guess.
Congrats to all the actual winners.

Drew
Definitely no cigar!
Old 06-19-2016, 11:51 AM

Default Two pickups

Dizzy Dean pocket watch and the 1909 Pittsburgh Pirates Mirror
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (13.7 KB, 150 views)
Old 06-19-2016, 11:52 AM

Default Part 2

Sorry about the redundant post
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (19.9 KB, 148 views)