NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 10-08-2018, 06:56 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default Game Over:

Until the last out, I did not realize how invested I had become in the 'Baby Braves'.

For various reasons, I have no interest in any of the teams remaining.

This is an extremely odd moment for me...this has never happened.

I've been immersed in, even obsessed with, Baseball and the Baseball Card Industry for years, but I find myself at a possible fork in the road : I cannot afford the few cards that are still on my shopping (i.e. wish) list and I'm driven crazy by bases-on-balls!

I have dozens of DVDs documenting the game, but I've watched them all many times, so that's not an option or substitute.

It seems my sole recourse is to start reading my vast Baseball library - only about 10% of which I have read.

I hope I have the patience to continue reading until, hopefully, the spark comes back.

If that doesn't happen, I want to say right now how much I have enjoyed this forum...I appreciate the good group Leon has 'assembled'.

Sorry to bother everyone about this, but I don't do face-book, nor do I twit.

Thanks,
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper aka 'clydepepper'

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 10-09-2018, 05:52 PM
je.sse @rnot

I'd give it some time before selling off the collection. You don't have to be interested in modern cards or even the modern game to appreciate the past and vintage cards.
Old 10-09-2018, 06:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Good lord, man, don't take the loss so hard. It's heresy not to watch the rest of the playoffs and WS. You don't have to be interested in the teams, just in the sport.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-09-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:18 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Good lord, man, don't take the loss so hard. It's heresy not to watch the rest of the playoffs and WS. You don't have to be interested in the teams, just in the sport.
Agreed. I watch every inning of every WS regardless of who's playing. It's fun to learn about players I've never heard of, and by the end of the series you're familiar with every player on both rosters.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:20 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Until the last out, I did not realize how invested I had become in the 'Baby Braves'.

For various reasons, I have no interest in any of the teams remaining.

This is an extremely odd moment for me...this has never happened.

I've been immersed in, even obsessed with, Baseball and the Baseball Card Industry for years, but I find myself at a possible fork in the road : I cannot afford the few cards that are still on my shopping (i.e. wish) list and I'm driven crazy by bases-on-balls!

I have dozens of DVDs documenting the game, but I've watched them all many times, so that's not an option or substitute.

It seems my sole recourse is to start reading my vast Baseball library - only about 10% of which I have read.

I hope I have the patience to continue reading until, hopefully, the spark comes back.

If that doesn't happen, I want to say right now how much I have enjoyed this forum...I appreciate the good group Leon has 'assembled'.

Sorry to bother everyone about this, but I don't do face-book, nor do I twit.

Thanks,
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper aka 'clydepepper'
There's also something to be said about being a fair weather fan. Pay attention to only what you want to, and on those days your team doesn't have "it," go for a walk or play a game of cribbage.
A few years back, I started pulling back on teams or even sports and finding other ways to use my time and it's been a change for the better. It's too easy to get caught up in all sorts of extraneous stuff in sports, but focusing in on just what you like (player, team, sport, whatever) has can limit all that junk.
Same with collecting, in many ways. Focus on what you really like and enjoy and the heck with the rest of the junk.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:35 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Hank Thomas's great recent thread pulled me back - and I really appreciate all the other comments. I'm dealing with the 'other stuff'.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente