NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-16-2006, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Default The Famous Dorskind Collection

Posted By: Mark

When you get a chance Brucey, or moment between your yachts,
could you spare us the moment in viewing an incredible collection such as yours.

With an unlimited income, such as yourself has, you could start by showing us your complete uncut Gem MINT Boston Garter sets, say '12.
Then we could move on to your complete uncut, again Gem MINT T4 Obak sheets;
followed by Plow Boy's sheets - also Gem MINT. Or maybe the several PSA10 T206 Wagner's you have.

Come on, Brucey, let's see you put your money where your mouth is - no pun intended.

Mark

Old 12-16-2006, 04:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: bruce Dorskind

Mark

Once again you have your facts wrong

Our Boston Garter sheet has not been graded- though we are
told it would grade at least 84

Neither the T 4 Obak premiums nor Plow Boy Tobacco or for that
matter any cabinet card came in sheets. Of course, if you
had the ability to read, and any real knowledge of the history of
hobby you would know that.

As for our Wagners they are in our Swiss Vault

We will be happy to make a contribution to your family
when they institutionalize you for shock treatment..
pesonally, we think it is a waste of electricity.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I think that these daily attacks between Bruce and the board need to stop. Bruce, I think you could do a better job to address all in a more friendly an informal manner without throwing class and education in everybody's face. I really believe you get some personal satisfaction by deliberately alienating everyone, and then the rest of us have to be subjected to these fights on regular basis, and they are unnecessary. Even a simple gesture like replacing the "we" with "I" would go a long way towards quieting things down. No matter how many times people have asked you to drop the plural pronoun you persist in using it. How about as a favor to me drop it and just try "I" next time? It would be a very small gesture on your part and it would go a long way. Likewise, I think everyone else should tone down the personal attacks. It goes both ways. Thank you.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

oui oui.......
touche

Have you thought of replacing John Bolton as United Nations liason? You have my vote........

Old 12-16-2006, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Martin Neal

I agree with Barry 100 percent. I usually refrain from such nonsense although I do read these acrimonious posts out of some morbid curiosity. Bruce, it seems to me that with your knowledge, you could be a great addition to this forum if you could tone down the high and mighty attitude you come across with. Personally, I would love to see some scans of your collection.

Old 12-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

Bruce is part of a card collection Alliance, "we" being one of its subsidiary cells. The card collection Alliance aim is to eventually reach world domination through its control over the secondary market of baseball cards.
So now i hope you all understand why he uses "we" and what his primary goal is =)

Old 12-16-2006, 05:59 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

I've never had anything to say about Bruce before today...but for anybody who hasn't seen it, check out his last response on the "what makes a great collector" thread....unbelievable imo

Old 12-16-2006, 06:40 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

I started collecting cards and memorabilia when I was 5, and moved into pre war 18 years ago or so. And this is what it is degenerated into ? People fighting and arguing over baseball cards. From the time I was 5 to about age 11 or so, all the boys in my middle class neighborhood had boxes of cards. I do not recall one incident, of name calling, backstabbing, or arguments concerning who's family was the wealthiest. It seems that we were more mature at 5, than some of us are today.

Old 12-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: peter chao

Mike,

So your telling me you think that we are less mature than the kids you use to collect cards with. So you've stated the obvious and your point is...Laugh out loud.

Peter

Old 12-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

In the spirit of the season I am going to lock this thread. It's not meant as a slap against anyone. I think there have been enough personal attacks, which are against forum rules but I let a little go, in the last few days to hold us over for a while. Recently I have received lots of emails and calls, in addition to the posts on the board, about negativity but am slow to step in. (ya'll have heard this song before). If anyone wants to know the way I feel they can go up a few posts and read Barry's (am I supposed to use an apostrophe there?) well written opinion on this subject. best regards