NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-15-2017, 08:23 AM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

Default Value of W514 Strip Cards

Have an opportunity to purchase some W514 strip cards, however they are all cut down to where the name is not even on the front.
Just the framed picture.
These worth anything?
Old 04-15-2017, 08:46 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Anything is worth something to the right buyer. Depending on the player, I would think maybe 10% of retail and it may take a while to find a buyer. If there's a big name in there like a Ruth, it would be an easy sale to a low budget collector looking for a playing days card cheap.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:12 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Anything is worth something to the right buyer. Depending on the player, I would think maybe 10% of retail and it may take a while to find a buyer. If there's a big name in there like a Ruth, it would be an easy sale to a low budget collector looking for a playing days card cheap.

+1 on the ruth comment

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-15-2017 at 09:12 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:37 AM
H Murphy

Default 514`s

Besides the Ruth, there`s a decent # of 1919 Black Sox in this set that many collectors are always on the hunt for. Good Luck
Old 04-15-2017, 11:40 AM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

Thanks a million guys.
Since I do not sell cards, and these will only be in my small collection, I think I will go for it.
Thanks!
Old 04-15-2017, 12:17 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default W514s

Actually they are one of the most collected sets in my experiences. The black sox players, including Jackson, makes them a perennial favorite. They are on the higher end of strip cards, as strip cards go. And I don't know how much but the cut down effect will affect value somewhat. However it won't be diminished as much on W514s (or other hand cut strips) as it would be on cards that weren't meant to be cut in the first place.

Last edited by Leon; 04-15-2017 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:17 PM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

That's what I was thinking (hoping) too Leon.
I will try to get them from him/her and then post them.
Thanks
Old 04-15-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUM301 View Post
Besides the Ruth, there`s a decent # of 1919 Black Sox in this set that many collectors are always on the hunt for. Good Luck
+1. W 514 strips seem to be the set to collect for the Black Sox. Have been outbid on these consistently no matter the condition.

Z
Old 04-15-2017, 11:38 PM

Wesley, hope you actually pay for these cards, as opposed to some of your other transactions.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

He sent me a long note about what happened and,
since I met him and his son at the National, gave him a second chance. Unlike many members he actually contributes to the forum quite a bit

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro9 View Post
Wesley, hope you actually pay for these cards, as opposed to some of your other transactions.
Old 04-17-2017, 04:32 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
since I met him and his son at the National, gave him a second chance. Unlike many members he actually contributes to the forum quite a bit
Contribute or not, he owes my friends some money and has for some time. I hope no ones else gets burned by this guy.

S Suckow
Old 04-17-2017, 06:22 AM
Joe

He's a dirt bag using his son as an excuse to get cards, swap crappy cards and blame his son for "getting ahold of them first" Plus transactions never paid for.
Seriously Leon? Cause you met him he's ok? When longtime members of this board and the collecting community say he's a dirt bag? Tell you what, next time you meet him grab a few bucks from him for the people he screwed and tell him to stop buying cards till he honors his debts. He's a liar and a thief.

Edit to put my FULL name so there is no doubt who I am. JOE BRENNAN

Last edited by 2dueces; 04-17-2017 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

My understanding is completely different. My understanding is there was a mass piling on for no good reason. I have seen it done here before but not as much since some bad apples got shown the door. So what is the story? No one should rip anyone off and my guess is this is probably another gang mentality piece of crap. But I could be wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
Contribute or not, he owes my friends some money and has for some time. I hope no ones else gets burned by this guy.

S Suckow

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Here is what I heard from him below in bold....I see the thread in question btw in the BST..... .. ..and all I see is Big Red One start accusing him out of nowhere? Then everyone starts piling on, what gives?

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=236335

his email to me----

I tried calling the number on your web site, left message, but did not receive a call back.
I am just writing to express my side of the situation, as my ban occurred quickly, hast fully and without getting my side of the story.
I am not writing to have my ban lifted, as it is not that big of an issue to me. I just wanted YOU to hear my side.

I am not a big time collector. I am a small collector, on a home budget, that collects for the same reason I collected when I was a child in the 70's, for the enjoyment of the cards and the players, and the story that each card tells. I have never sold a card in my life, as I am a collector and not in the hobby for the money. My life is centered around my wife and 3 children, not cards. I have a full time job that takes up more than 40 hrs a week, I have Baseball/Football/ Basketball practices for my son, I have dance class for my daughter, when I get off work. So I do not have time to check responses every day to posts I put on message boards.
My now 14 year old son (15 at the end of this month), only a few years ago, really got into sportscards after growing out of PokeMan cards. I expressed to him that I too collected sports cards as a child (at this time I had not collected in over 20 years). At this point, is when my son and I began a relationship, bonding hobby of card collecting.
Two years ago, my son and I traveled to Chicago for the National. While at the National, we met YOU and your business partner or friend. We spoke and you were able to allow my son to hold the Honus Wagner card of your friends.

So now that you have my back story, I would like to explain and defend myself to people on the thread that A) talked about me and the post that have no idea about me or the situation, yet feel the need to start shit. B) Say disparaging words like calling me a "Bad Apple", without ever trying to extend an offer to me to find out my side of the story.

On March 5th, I posted a wanting BUY 80's Fleer and Donruss. Let me say that again, I posted wanting to BUY, 80's Fleer and Donruss. My exact words were, "Please let me know what you have and what you need for them."
Since I was already on the site, I responded and conversed with the person on that date. I did not decide to buy for this man as the price was, IMO ridiculous for 80's Fleer and Donruss, as for the 84 Donruss, he wanted $10 per team set, and at 26 teams, thats $260, for a set that you could buy complete on EBAY for $60 (I eventually bought for $20 in MINT, minus the Mattingly).
I was not going to spend $260 on a $60 set. But apparently, I am the asshole for that?

I did return to the thread one week later, and replied to a poster, with what I was looking for. Then left the site again that day.
On the 19th, I did not go to a posters BST and deal with him because the lot was so big that understandably, shipping was going to be in the +$100's range.

So then on the 20th, the bashing started "Big Red One", whom I have no idea why he would post this, stated that, "VERY disappointed in you Wes for using your son as a crutch to get free cards and ripping people off. Shame on you."
I have no idea why he would post that, as I was asking to "BUY" them!!! Never asked to receive them for free, i asked to BUY.
And as proof as you meeting my son, know that my son collects cards, and is passionate about them as I am.
Also, if I was going to use my son to get free cards, WHY WOULD I DO IT FOR 80's FLEER AND DONRUSS?????? Really??
I have bought many cards from many members, only having one bad experience with a person from LTS (I feel he was scamming me) whom I offered to make good.

Then from there, people that I have never spoken to on the board, people that I have never dealt with in any form, people that did not know me, all started piling on, and asking me to respond to a post that was posted 5 days prior. Again, I HAVE A LIFE AND DO NOT LIVE ON NET 54!! I guess I made the mistake of going to my job for more than 40 hours, coming home and spending time with my wife, taking my kids to practice, games, performances, and keeping my house up.

Then I read where I was banned five days after John's post! Weird, because I was banned and called a "Bad Apple", by a person that took the word of people that have no clue about what was going on, and banned by a guy that never PM'd me asking for my side

Your sight is the BEST when it comes to knowledge about cards. It serves as the BEST place to come to learn and receive advice of cards, and to do research of cards. For the sake of the Hobby, I wish the site the very best.

Its just sad that you ban people on rumors, unsubstantiated posts, and people just trying to start problems.
Again, I am not asking to be unbanned. I just wanted you to hear my side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2dueces View Post
He's a dirt bag using his son as an excuse to get cards, swap crappy cards and blame his son for "getting ahold of them first" Plus transactions never paid for.
Seriously Leon? Cause you met him he's ok? When longtime members of this board and the collecting community say he's a dirt bag? Tell you what, next time you meet him grab a few bucks from him for the people he screwed and tell him to stop buying cards till he honors his debts. He's a liar and a thief.

Edit to put my FULL name so there is no doubt who I am. JOE BRENNAN

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 06:41 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 06:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Who and how much? I hope you guys don't just quack and run away. Let's hear it. Put up or shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post

S Suckow

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 06:57 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:17 AM
Joe

I am right here. No one is running away. This is not gang mentality. These are the facts. You were PMed by trusted long time board members about this guy. I've been on this board since 2000. Not a matter to take lightly. Some of the parties in question are not members of this board but many collecting friends are. It's not just one incidence with this guy. That may be excused as oversight. This is a combination of shady dealing, promised payments and ignored emails. Many chances were given for him to rectify all the situations he found himself and all went unresolved. He went underground for a few months but surfaced thinking the coast was clear. I will contact the parties involved so you don't think we chirped and ducked.
Joe Brennan

Last edited by 2dueces; 04-17-2017 at 07:21 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Looks like gang mentality from where I sit. Let's hear specifics?
Hearsay and innuendo ain't cutting it for me. Nothing personal.

Quote:
I am right here. No one is running away. This is not gang mentality. These is cold hard facts. You were PMed by trusted long time board members about this guy. I've been on this board since 2000. Not a matter to take lightly. Some of the parties in question are not members of this board but many collecting friends are. It's not just one incidence with this guy. That may be excused as oversight. This is a combination of shady dealing, promised payments and ignored emails. Many chances were given for him to rectify all the situations he found himself and all went unresolved. He went underground for a few months but surfaced thinking the coast was clear. I will contact the parties involved so you don't think we chirped and ducked.
Joe Brennan

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 07:24 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 07:59 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
So that is a factor in your decision making?

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 04-17-2017, 08:04 AM
Wes.ley Wh.ite

You only heard one side of the story.

Leon, feel free to post my side that I sent you.

BTW, EVERY time I buy cards, I pay through PayPal. (except Mr George L. whom I have dealt with many times and I just send him Money Orders. BTW, George is one of the best guys in the hobby) Why would a person send cards out without payments received??

I Literally just closed a deal yesterday with a board member here, USING PAYPAL.

I tried to make good with that person and was shut down. With that being said, I dont even have bad feelings towards him. He is /was passionate about his cards and has every right to.
But does the one bad experience that I tried to make good on, mean I am a bad person and never to be trusted and spoken bad about everywhere in the hobby? I have had MANY MANY dealings with Net54 members, and never had any issues. This one bad experience was just that, a bad experience. every seller/collector has a bad experience.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:06 AM
Joe

Here's the facts. You're defending some dickwad you met at the national over long time trusted board members. That is the facts.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nole View Post
You only heard one side of the story.

Leon, feel free to post my side that I sent you.

BTW, EVERY time I buy cards, I pay through PayPal. (except Mr George L. whom I have dealt with many times and I just send him Money Orders. BTW, George is one of the best guys in the hobby) Why would a person send cards out without payments received??

I Literally just closed a deal yesterday with a board member here, USING PAYPAL.

I tried to make good with that person and was shut down. With that being said, I dont even have bad feelings towards him. He is /was passionate about his cards and has every right to.
But does the one bad experience that I tried to make good on, mean I am a bad person and never to be trusted and spoken bad about everywhere in the hobby? I have had MANY MANY dealings with Net54 members, and never had any issues. This one bad experience was just that, a bad experience. every seller/collector has a bad experience.
I don't give a flat f*ck how many deals you made here. How about making good on the deals you made on another board? Yea, you know what I'm talking about. Enough playing dumb.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Yeap

Quote:
Originally Posted by the-illini View Post
So that is a factor in your decision making?
Old 04-17-2017, 08:11 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Yeap
Page hits >>>> honesty. Good to know.

N172 Old Judge Portraits

Old 04-17-2017, 08:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Why not say what you are talking about with specifics? Why all the secrecy?

Quote:
I don't give a flat f*ck how many deals you made here. How about making good on the deals you made on another board? Yea, you know what I'm talking about. Enough playing dumb.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:13 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Stupid comments are also appreciated. Carry on...

btw, the latest email *just now, explaining what happened on the Secret Santa site.....below I asked if there is money owed somewhere?

Not that I know of.

The ONLY person/deal i have EVER had an issue with was Robinson on LTS.

The deal with that was this....
I put a post requesting, wanting to buy a "lot" of 1969 Topps Baseball.

Mr. Robinson wrote that he put some in the mail to me. When I asked how much he wanted for them, he stated to just look at them and send him what I thought was fair amount for them.
They came in the mail, My son sorted them, picking out the ones that we already had and could send back to him along with the money.
After going through them, i asked him what he was hoping to get for them. I was thinking maybe $150 for the lot of around 150, or $1 @. His quote was over $400.
No way could I do that. So i told him they were sorted, but I would go through and pick them out, as his were all "white back" with sharp corners.
So I did that, found all the white backs and sharp corners, and I sent them all back.
When he got them, he stated not all of them were there. I asked him which ones and he didnt know, just that some were missing. He then asked me to send my ENTIRE COLLECTION OF 1969 Topps BASEBALL to him, so he could go thru them and pick which ones were his!!!! Seriously, I was going to send someone my 3/4ths complete set of 1969?
So one of the mods called me personally on the phone. I told him that the simple solution of this was to simply have Mr. Robinson shoot me a price for what he thought were missing. I thought that was fair. I was paying for the cards he thought were missing, and offered $100 for them, even thou I was not convinced there were ANY cards missing.
I told the mod to let me know what Mr. Robinson said. Next morning I banned from LTS and now this.

On Monday, April 17, 2017 7:22 AM, leon luckey wrote:

Do you owe someone money as Steven is saying on the board?
LL

Quote:
Page hits >>>> honesty. Good to know.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:16 AM
C.hris Bl.and

Quote:
Stupid comments are also appreciated. Carry on...
Sorry. I just assumed your ad revenue was driven in part by page hits.

N172 Old Judge Portraits

Old 04-17-2017, 08:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

You assumed wrong.

If revenue was the reason for this site Viglink would still be on it, as it brought in a few bucks, and there would be a lot of other monetization going on. That being said, as you might remember, when I started moderating this site there was no monetization for almost 2 years...Every server penny or whatever cost was out of my pocket.
...I did/do it because I enjoy it. When I don't I will do something else. I made a lot more money at a previous job, for almost 2 decades running, than this. Pageviews make no money, btw....

As for the story at hand, let's take it to the end and see where it lands? Sounds fair, no?

Quote:
Sorry. I just assumed your ad revenue was driven in part by page hits.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:27 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Man, you're shredding the guy in public without giving any specifics.

That's quite...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wimpy1.jpg (26.2 KB, 293 views)

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 04-17-2017, 08:29 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Default Lots of innuendo, hard feelings, dickwads and all, and no facts.

Spell it out. Always seems to be a lot of talk about transparency which is really needed in this business err hobby.

If you are going to out someone, out them. Blow their ass out of the water.
...whatever I want
Old 04-17-2017, 08:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I agree!!! Let's hear it...or maybe it's this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmondobueno View Post
Spell it out. Always seems to be a lot of talk about transparency which is really needed in this business err hobby.

If you are going to out someone, out them. Blow their ass out of the water.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg classy.jpg (22.3 KB, 325 views)
Old 04-17-2017, 08:50 AM
Joe

Quote:
I agree!!! Let's hear it...or maybe it's this...
Did you not get an PM from Kirk about this guy? Nothing secret about that? There was no gang mentality when he PMed you. The only gang mentality came when you decided, for whatever reason to let him back on. The reason he pays for everything in advance here is because no one knows him and should never trust him. He was invited to the "little secret board as you put it" because he was trusted. So people sent him cards in advance of payment and he betrayed that trust. He was giving many opportunities to make good on the deals and stopped all communication. As for his little made up story about Kirk. The only part that's true is he kept Kirks mint cards and send back a bunch of garbage and refused all efforts to make it good. So you need more details?
Old 04-17-2017, 08:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Got the details.
I just got off of the phone with Kirk. He says he doesn't want to do anything else about making the situation right with Wesley. So if someone doesn't want to help themselves, as he said he wasted too much time already, I am supposed to kick this guy off the board? I do believe Kirk got back some wrong cards and that was, allegedly, being addressed when Wes was banned? I offered help in working this out but was refused by Kirk.

Quote:
Did you not get an PM from Kirk about this guy? Nothing secret about that? There was no gang mentality when he PMed you. The only gang mentality came when you decided, for whatever reason to let him back on. The reason he pays for everything in advance here is because no one knows him and should never trust him. He was invited to the "little secret board as you put it" because he was trusted. So people sent him cards in advance of payment and he betrayed that trust. He was giving many opportunities to make good on the deals and stopped all communication. As for his little made up story about Kirk. The only part that's true is he kept Kirks mint cards and send back a bunch of garbage and refused all efforts to make it good. So you need more details?

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Joe

Wesley had posted that he and his son wanted to put a low grade 69 baseball set together so I sent him a pm and put a lot of 400 cards in average ex to ex+. I offered them to him for $125 bucks I think that was a good deal for him. I sent them to him about a month ago and he agreed to the amount and that he would need to send it in a couple of installments, which I agreed to. I haven't seen any money.

I'm still hopeful that maybe I'll see some money, but now doubting it now that I know more and I don't know how to contact him to remind him. Wish I had known more sooner as I'm out $125 and that was a good deal for what I sent. Just trying to be nice and I like seeing kids getting into card collecting. Its not a ton of money, but money is tight right now for me and was hoping to use that money to get something I'd like at the upcoming Boston/Wilmington show.

This from September 2016. So Kirk isn't the only one that Wesley screwed. So he lied again. More proof Leon?
Old 04-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Joe

Quote:
Got the details.
I just got off of the phone with Kirk. He says he doesn't want to do anything else about making the situation right with Wesley. So if someone doesn't want to help themselves, as he said he wasted too much time already, I am supposed to kick this guy off the board? I do believe Kirk got back some wrong cards and that was, allegedly, being addressed when Wes was banned? I offered help in working this out but was refused by Kirk.
Your board, your rules. But remember my friend, I always came to your defense when others turned on you. Finding it tough to defend you on this one, but hey, he contributes.

Last edited by 2dueces; 04-17-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Ok, it will be addressed. It's kind of hard to address general statements but specifics can be dealt with. BTW, is that GL? He might be my next call...

Quote:
Wesley had posted that he and his son wanted to put a low grade 69 baseball set together so I sent him a pm and put a lot of 400 cards in average ex to ex+. I offered them to him for $125 bucks I think that was a good deal for him. I sent them to him about a month ago and he agreed to the amount and that he would need to send it in a couple of installments, which I agreed to. I haven't seen any money.

I'm still hopeful that maybe I'll see some money, but now doubting it now that I know more and I don't know how to contact him to remind him. Wish I had known more sooner as I'm out $125 and that was a good deal for what I sent. Just trying to be nice and I like seeing kids getting into card collecting. Its not a ton of money, but money is tight right now for me and was hoping to use that money to get something I'd like at the upcoming Boston/Wilmington show.

This from September 2016. So Kirk isn't the only one that Wesley screwed. So he lied again. More proof Leon?

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Joe

Quote:
Ok, it will be addressed. It's kind of hard to address general statements but specifics can be dealt with. BTW, is that GL? He might be my next call...
Yes it is.
Old 04-17-2017, 09:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Just spent 15 great minutes on the phone with him. He seems like a very, very nice person. We are the same age and think a lot the same way......

Now his is an issue I can address and try to work with. I believe everyone I just need verification. Now to see if we can get GL's situation resolved an email has been sent about it.....I really only want peace and happiness in the hobby.

Quote:
Yes it is.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Your board, your rules. But remember my friend, I always came to your defense when others turned on you. Finding it tough to defend you on this one, but hey, he contributes.
Yes you did lend support and it was appreciated. As for contributors, yes, they are more important to the board than non-contributors.

Even though I always say I won't get into issues which take place on other venues, the ones in this thread are being dealt with. On the first one, the victim doesn't want to try to work it out anymore. I think there are 3 sides to that story. I think Kirk got back GL's cards by accident. But if Kirk doesn't want to try to get it resolved, when the other person does(at least now), and I am slow to ban for that. Maybe I am wrong but that is the way I see it.

On the other situation, with GL, that is being addressed now. And if it isn't dealt with from the email sent, then a punitive action will probably take place. Just trying to be fair ...that said, I might be failing at it.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:24 AM
Joe

Quote:
Yes you did lend support and it was appreciated. As for contributors, yes, they are more important to the board than non-contributors.

Even though I always say I won't get into issues which take place on other venues, the ones in this thread are being dealt with. On the first one, the victim doesn't want to try to work it out anymore. I think there are 3 sides to that story. I think Kirk got back GL's cards by accident. But if Kirk doesn't want to try to get it resolved, when the other person does(at least now), then I am slow to ban for that. Maybe I am wrong but that is the way I see it.

On the other situation, with GL, that is being addressed now. And if it isn't dealt with from the email sent, then a punitive action will probably take place. Just trying to be fair ...that said, I might be failing at it.
Sounds fair. I'll give you an A for effort and I understand it's not your job to deal with these things and commend you for reaching out to the parties involved. All I or anyone wanted was closure on these issues before he moved on like nothing ever happened.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 10:37 AM.
Old 04-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:

Kudos for putting it out there. Appreciate you standing up.
...whatever I want
Old 04-17-2017, 11:48 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I dunno, call me old-fashioned, but I believe that a hobby gentleman honors his debts and makes good on his deals. A gentleman collector also keeps track of anything sent to him on approval and returns it just as he received it. None of that happened here.

I completely understand that everyone makes mistakes. Life is busy and we forget stuff. But Wes didn't make a mistake or forget something. Over the course of time he was given multiple chances to make good on two deals with two members here, people whose hobby credentials are above reproach, and he blew them off instead. He is only addressing Kirk's deal now, months later, with excuses that show he was negligent with a trading partner and ostensible friend's cards, because he is threatened with being kicked off this board. He hasn't even addressed Joe's deal.

The members' response to this situation isn't a gang-up mentality or an unfair commentary, it is a reaction to someone who has behaved in an inappropriate manner towards two fellow collectors in the recent past. Regardless of whether Wes resolves the situation with Joe by tendering payment six months late and only after being called out here, I don't think he should be welcome on this board. We should be able to rely on the gentlemen we choose to trade with to conduct themselves properly, and if they don't the penalty should be disassociation. Permanently.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 04-17-2017, 12:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I am in agreement with you, Adam. I have had this conversation about a man's word more than once today. As moderator I am of the mind people can make a minor mistake and not be dealt too harsh a blow. From what has been posted, to me, it seems like the first situation was what I said.....Now, did Wes take too long to deal with it? Probably. But, from what I was told it was trying to be dealt with when he was banned AND is also trying to be dealt with now. That is the first instance. I should add I do think Wes needs to step up on this and make it right....

Assuming you are speaking of the other person Joe is speaking of, there really isn't a good excuse for not dealing with it back then. Not one. But if it is made right today (and these aren't real large amounts and the victim isn't too traumatized) I am not sure a banishment from this board would be in order, again, in my view.

If other things come up they can be dealt with, If too many come up...well, we won't need to deal with them anymore ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I dunno, call me old-fashioned, but I believe that a hobby gentleman honors his debts and makes good on his deals. A gentleman collector also keeps track of anything sent to him on approval and returns it just as he received it. None of that happened here.

I completely understand that everyone makes mistakes. Life is busy and we forget stuff. But Wes didn't make a mistake or forget something. Over the course of time he was given multiple chances to make good on two deals with two members here, people whose hobby credentials are above reproach, and he blew them off instead. He is only addressing Kirk's deal now, months later, with excuses that show he was negligent with a trading partner and ostensible friend's cards, because he is threatened with being kicked off this board. He hasn't even addressed Joe's deal.

The members' response to this situation isn't a gang-up mentality or an unfair commentary, it is a reaction to someone who has behaved in an inappropriate manner towards two fellow collectors in the recent past. Regardless of whether Wes resolves the situation with Joe by tendering payment six months late and only after being called out here, I don't think he should be welcome on this board. We should be able to rely on the gentlemen we choose to trade with to conduct themselves properly, and if they don't the penalty should be disassociation. Permanently.

Last edited by Leon; 04-17-2017 at 12:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:35 AM
Ki.rk Rob.inson

Gee I wonder how that payment to George L. that is now about 6 months old is coming along by Wesley?

Any follow up on that Leon?
Old 04-25-2017, 08:46 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Not yet Kirk, But I think there will be one in the future.
Thanks for checking!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorob View Post
Gee I wonder how that payment to George L. that is now about 6 months old is coming along by Wesley?

Any follow up on that Leon?
Old 04-25-2017, 06:00 PM
Ki.rk Rob.inson

Quote:
Not yet Kirk, But I think there will be one in the future.
Thanks for checking!!
Thank you Leon, for following up.
I will be checking back in with you.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:35 AM
Ki.rk Rob.inson

Well Leon, it's been about three weeks now since Wesley was going to finally make good to George L. on that payment he has owed him for well over 6 months now.

Any follow up on that by chance?
Old 05-02-2017, 09:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Oh trust me Kirk. If you could see my email inbox and sent box,
you would know it isn't forgotten about. As recent as this morning I was looking at it and it ain't lookin' too good right now. No response from my last email several days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojorob View Post
Well Leon, it's been about three weeks now since Wesley was going to finally make good to George L. on that payment he has owed him for well over 6 months now.

Any follow up on that by chance?
Old 05-02-2017, 11:25 AM

Hey Wesley - Maybe you can sell that Gold Extra Carmazzi you recently bragged about on Facebook "that goes for $75" and refund George. You might also want to up your privacy settings from someone like me who simply Googled "Wesley White Kansas".

T.urner E.ngle

Last edited by asoriano; 05-02-2017 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Removed image of actual Facebook post
Old 05-02-2017, 12:11 PM

According to his FB posts, his collection was worth $125,000 over a year ago , and now he has 50% more cards. You would think he could pay George the money he owes him.
Old 05-02-2017, 02:36 PM
Joe

Easy to amass a nice collection from other peoples cards (Kirks pristine cards)and not pay for the ones (Georges) you acquire. He will crawl back under the rock he came from. Destine to pop up at CU under an alt begging for cards for his son. If he can't pay someone $150.00 in 6 months he shouldn't be collecting. Period.