NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 02-14-2011, 01:05 PM
David Str@@te

Default Spring Training. Who's going to be sitting on the lawn?

Ahh yes. Spring baseball. The only time of year when life in the Southwest isn't a death sentence to people who like to sit in the stands for pro baseball.

I'm taking the wife this year, which will undoubtedly minimize how much time I spend at the bars in Tempe, but otherwise life should be good for the Cubbies at Hohokam Park.

Any Net54 guys taking in Cactus or Grapefruit League games this year?
Old 02-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Jim VB

I have a season ticket to the Twins games in Fort Myers.
Old 02-14-2011, 04:07 PM

I plan on checking out the Diamondbacks/Rockies new stadium. Probably will hit a few other games too...
Old 02-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Jeff

I will be @ Braves ST the first week of March.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 02-15-2011, 05:15 PM
Bruce Esser

Pitchers and catchers have reported. Spring training is here. YEAH.

My bride of 35 years and I have been going to the valley of the sun every other year or so. One day at Hohokam to watch the Cubs, one day at Scottsdale as it is the first stadium we went to long ago and one day at one of the other parks. If there is time we will catch an Arizona State game. Now we go with our daughter, son in law and grandson. Nothing better. Stay at one of the Pointe's, eat well and get a tan.

Last year the day in Scottsdale was wonderful and the day at Hohokam was rained out. First rainout in 35 years for us.

Last edited by tachyonbb; 02-15-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:09 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Going to see the Dodgers and maybe Angels on Friday the 25th of February and the first game at the new Rockies/DBacks facility on the 26th...hoping to land at least a few autographs...we'll see!
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.