NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2017, 07:49 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Stephen, or goofball, you are attacking some quality people that have been on this board for almost a decade. Denny is a quality guy, you are all over the place pal, Ben is another quality member, Steve too... He was trying to help you with this..... You are also bumping BST threads every 30 minutes (violation)...In a nutshell, go away.....

Last edited by CMIZ5290; 04-28-2017 at 07:59 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:09 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
To all the people who are upset by the trade up thread. How many trades have you made where your goal was to come out behind??? Maybe he expresses his goals inelegantly, but at least it's honest.
I think the part that rubs some members the wrong way, myself included, is that he is basically saying I am going to do enough one sided trades with all of you to turn this $500 card into a 52 Mantle. And posting about it on the main page of the forum. The intent certainly doesn't seem malicious. But the better way to go about it would have been a chronicle of transactions done away from the board that showed him working towards his goal, in my opinion.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Stephen - just my 2 cents, but take a deep breath dude. This isn't supposed to be so stressful. When you go after the esteemed Denny W., it might be time for a time out.

lol you're right. No idea who he was though in all honesty and didn't understand why he was coming at me like that. I'm getting hit from too many angles haha I apologize Denny. I will take the nuts back.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:29 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplyr80 View Post
I think the part that rubs some members the wrong way, myself included, is that he is basically saying I am going to do enough one sided trades with all of you to turn this $500 card into a 52 Mantle. And posting about it on the main page of the forum. The intent certainly doesn't seem malicious. But the better way to go about it would have been a chronicle of transactions done away from the board that showed him working towards his goal, in my opinion.
Hence my comment that he expressed his goals inelegantly. I think we basically agree here.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-29-2017, 05:32 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by obcbobd View Post
Thanks for all your hard and often thankless work Leon.

In general, when seeing a thread or post that annoys, its probably best to close it and go to the next thread. Not much is gained by bashing (however much it MAY be deserved) the poster. And if you are posting multiple times negatively on a thread, you likely are just hurting yourself.

Remember its only cardboard
I am an old, old collector (in years) and enjoy the site, also a vet who has seen a lot. I also am amused some times by some of the comments made on the site and applaud Leon for his patience. The reason for me putting the quote in is that a long time ago a shop dealer said the same thing - "it is only cardboard" and that stuck with me all these years. We all hope our collections will bring big money but that is not why I collect. I do it for enjoyment and the hunt. I have been stung a few times but it was due to my own ignorance or the fact I got so caught up in buying something that was so cheap I couldn't resist. I got angry and then would realize I was to blame, not the seller. I had the right of refusal and to ask questions and look closer at the pictures. It is only cardboard. Keep up the good work Leon and don't let the swamp dwellers drag you down.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:36 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
Stephen, or goofball, you are attacking some quality people that have been on this board for almost a decade. Denny is a quality guy, you are all over the place pal, Ben is another quality member, Steve too... He was trying to help you with this..... You are also bumping BST threads every 30 minutes (violation)...In a nutshell, go away.....
Hey where is my name in that Mt. Rushmore List....

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-29-2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:48 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

The first bit of advice a knowing board member told you you dismissed: if you want to do some trade up thing, don't trade a card for a giant fist full of cards. That's exactly how not to do it. So now you are in an endless parade of trying to sell a dozen or more cards at a time and all the labor and annoying posts that entails. Plus I never understand why cash is changing hands at all. I thought a trade up situation went like this: I trade you card A, you send me back card B, I then find someone to send B to for card C, etc. As long as that would taken, it seems the way you have gone about is just going to make for years of work (and either highly enjoyable or severely annoying posts). But I am glad to see that you have now moved this on to basically every board on the site. Wink, wink.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-29-2017 at 07:50 AM.