NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Mike H

I've always liked nodders. I don't have an impressive collection (17 total). Check out this link (hit the collection link) to some AMAZING collections. WOOOW!

http://www.nodderexchange.com/

Old 11-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Keith

I've been on that site before; and those are some awesome collections. I would have a heartache having any kids in the house if I had some of those displays.

I figured I would share some photos of my nodder, kail, hartland collection as well

Old 11-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Mike H

Great stuff Keith! The Eagles nodders have always been among my favorites. I love the look of the little winged helmets.

Old 11-12-2007, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Mark

Keith:

That's an awesome collection and terrific display. How did you acquire the bulk of your collection? I get nervous too, with the kids running around. I wish these darn things weren't so fragile and condition sensitive, because they make such awesome display pieces.

The site referenced above (John Brey) is one of the few truly reputable sources for Nodders. John took over where Tim Hunter left off. Many sellers won't disclose flaws, touch-ups, restoration, etc (or they just don't know what to look for). This guy, however is completely honest, and discloses everything. You know exactly what you're getting.

I have found that buying these off Ebay is a crapshoot at best. You almost have to expect a few problems, and be very pleasantly surprised if the piece arrives "clean". Of course there are plenty of good Ebay dealers (ITPC, Bob McCann, etc.) but lots more that are risky. Thanks so much for sharing those great collections!

Old 11-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Keith

Thanks Mike and Mark. Mark, I would definetly say the bulk of the collection was acquired through ebay. But some did come via big auction houses (hunts), estate auctions, and picked up a group of 8 kails at an estate sale about 4 years ago. I agree with ebay being a crap shoot when it comes to nodders. I purchased a real face Eagles nodder about 5 years ago on ebay, that looked alittle odd (head angle) in the photo but the seller said it was perfect. When I got it, it was easy to see the neck had snapped off at some point and was reattached but at a 45 angle to where it should have attached. I contacted the seller and he swore it happened during shipping. LOL, the thing broke while in tranist, and then re-glued itself. Anyway, it was insured, and the guy did give me a refund and went after the Post office insurance - can't imagine they paid on that claim. In general I have had pretty good ebay experiences when it comes to nodders, but there were a couple of bad ones.

Old 11-13-2007, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Chris David

I have a few I picked up a long time ago.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Old 11-13-2007, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I have bought and sold many throughout the years and in fact I sold my rare ones through the Nodder Exchange and got more money than I did trying to sell through ebay with a reserve. All of the bigtime nodder collectors prefer to buy through the Nodder Exchange because too many are sold on ebay with hidden flaws...and as most of you know a tiny crack in a nodder could be the difference in hundreds of dollars. Ever wonder why the big lots of nodders go so cheaply in the major auction house auctions???

Old 11-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Max Weder

This bobber (ok, bobble paw, not bobble head) was a give-away at a Vancouver Canadians' game last season. Bob Brown was the father of Vancouver baseball, and is featured on an obak card

Max

Old 11-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Anonymous

Anyone here have a guess on the value of my Nodders?

Old 11-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Default Nodders

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

It depends largely on condition. One single chip or hairline can knock it down about 35% - 40%. Serious collectors pay top $$ for those that are truly Mint and unrestored.

If you are asking about the Dodgers and Phillies pieces above, they are not super rare, but look clean. The Dodgers piece is older and the more desirable of the two. If it is Mint with no chips, hairlines, restoration, etc, its worth about $150.

The Phillies is a newer issue, and worth about $70 (assuming no condition flaws) Hope this helps!