NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-07-2010, 06:27 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Default Ticket guys. 1913 stub. Good?

Pardon the poor picture...

Judging from the size behind glass and in a toploader, 1x2" approx.

Couldn't locate another example, nor am I versed in these. Legit? tia, Steve
Old 04-07-2010, 06:55 AM
Scott

That was mine at one time. I think those are out of a season ticket book, or such as complimentary. I hope its good, or it will indirectly make me look bad..haha.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:58 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Complimentary season tickets ... What would that cost today?
Old 04-07-2010, 06:59 AM
Banned

Steve,

I have a few similar examples from Cleveland from the same era. These types are on very thin stock and usually come from a season-ticket booklet of "coupons," each stamped with the game number. Though yours is a "complimentary" version, I suspect it's close to the same thing. I consider mine "tickets" but realize that probably in the truest sense it's pushing the envelope a bit, because they don't look like the "normal" tickets of the era. But they're certainly legit in that they provided access to the stadium.

Hope this helps.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:49 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Then it's a tickette!

Thanks for the ops guys. Unsure if I want it or be happy with it now. Though BoSox items are tough to find -affordably.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:23 PM

I won some Federal League tickets about the same size in a Mastro Auction years back, so to the shrimply size isn't a problem.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:54 PM

Default Is this a real 1913 Red Sox ticket?

Absolutely a real 1913 Boston Red Sox ticket, as stated earlier, out of a complimentary season ticket booklet. Yes, it is made out of paper instead of cardboard, but this is typical of season tickets from this era throught the 1970's for many baseball teams. One point of note is that these complimentary tickets actually offer more absolute information than their cardboard couterparts which typically do not have a date for many teams during this era. As they say, it is what it is.....
Old 04-07-2010, 07:36 PM

Default It's Real

Nice Pick-up!

It is from the same book as pictured below, which was owned by Mrs. Neal Ball. I purchased mine a few years ago off of ebay and the seller gave me copies of the booklet front and inside cover.

Neal Ball is famous for pulling off the 1st unassisted triple play of the 20th Century.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_edited.jpg (77.5 KB, 183 views)
Old 04-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

That explains the "complimentary"

Great news. I better hang onto it -for a while.
Thanks for the replies, Steve

Always tastes better with a "W". Also, Carrigan's first day as Skip.

Copy of the sports page, presumably from the Globe, with a rundown of this game reads,

BOSTON, July 25 -A victory for Boston over Chicago, 7 to 5; signalized the first appearance of Manager Carrigan here as the leader of the World's Champions. The game was a slugging match, each team having to resort to relief pitchers and pinch hitters. Boston drove Cicotte from the bar in the fifth inning with a volley of singles, and Russell, the next Chicago pitcher, made a wild pitch in this same inning, giving the locals a lead which the visitors could not overcome. Two singles and a stolen base in the eighth inning off Benz, secured Boston another run. Catcher Schalk was put off the field, for disputing a decision of Umpire O'Loughlin, who made his first appearance here this season.
Can almost hear the Rooters obnoxious jeers

(Oh, Prince Hal went 2 for 3)

Last edited by Ladder7; 04-08-2010 at 10:25 AM. Reason: scoring added
Old 04-08-2010, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101SOX19 View Post
Nice Pick-up!

It is from the same book as pictured below, which was owned by Mrs. Neal Ball. I purchased mine a few years ago off of ebay and the seller gave me copies of the booklet front and inside cover.

Neal Ball is famous for pulling off the 1st unassisted triple play of the 20th Century.
NICE 101SOX19!! This is some real useful info to know about the connection to Neal Ball and who owned the origional ticket book. Upon inspection, I purchased a ticket that originated from this book as well, but I had no clue about the lineage. My ticket is for the doubleheader played on 7/7/13 at Fenway. In the 1st game Chief Bender got the win against the Sox 7-4. In the 2nd game Smokey Joe Wood got the win with the Red Sox prevailing 8-3 over Philadelphia. Thanks!!
Old 04-08-2010, 10:19 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

The unassisted triple-play;

"... [Neal] Ball took a ball on the fly, twenty feet
rear and right off second base, thus putting
out the batter. He hastily touched
second base, thus putting out the runner
trying to come back from third. He
then dived into Jake Stahl, as he came
running from first."
Old 04-18-2010, 05:01 PM

Default My 7/7/13 ticket from the ticket book of Mrs. Neal Ball at Fenway

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
NICE 101SOX19!! This is some real useful info to know about the connection to Neal Ball and who owned the origional ticket book. Upon inspection, I purchased a ticket that originated from this book as well, but I had no clue about the lineage. My ticket is for the doubleheader played on 7/7/13 at Fenway. In the 1st game Chief Bender got the win against the Sox 7-4. In the 2nd game Smokey Joe Wood got the win with the Red Sox prevailing 8-3 over Philadelphia. Thanks!!
Here is my ticket from 7/7/13 at Fenway out of the complimentary season ticket book of Mrs. Neal Ball. Steve (Ladder7) asked that I post a photo. Here you go Steve!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Smokey Joe Wood & Chief Bender win ticket 1913.jpg (77.4 KB, 71 views)
Old 04-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Very nice. Anyone else? Thanks Scott.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg three Neal Ball tix.JPG (35.7 KB, 61 views)