NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-05-2018, 01:41 PM

Default Two Lots Won

I won the Christy Mathewson Tuxedo Box and the 1917 Chicago White Sox photo (I will be selling this photo)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christy Mathewson Tuxedo Box.jpg (75.2 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg 1917 Chicago White sox team photograph.jpg (77.3 KB, 219 views)

Last edited by bobfreedman; 04-05-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:43 PM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobfreedman View Post
I won the Christy Mathewson Tuxedo Box and the 1917 Chicago White Sox photo
Love that box. Don't think I have seen a complete one before.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:47 PM

Due to work and my phone acting up, I was unable to place final bids on a few lots, but I did win the early Dihigo team snapshot and the Coveleski photo album. There were some sleepers in there!
Old 04-05-2018, 02:25 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by btcarfagno View Post
Love that box. Don't think I have seen a complete one before.
Those are awesome. A lot of good stuff.

(*Cue the soundtrack about Christie's exorbitant shipping charges.)
Old 04-05-2018, 02:39 PM
Andrew Aronstein

One of my winnings:

Old 04-05-2018, 02:40 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCMA View Post
One of my winnings:

Amazing. Wow. Love the shots of the photographers on the field talking their pictures. That's a museum piece.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:44 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Amazing. Wow. Love the shots of the photographers on the field talking their pictures. That's a museum piece.
Absolutely. I browsed the lots in person on Tuesday and the image is beautiful. Scan doesn't do it justice. Definitely a hidden gem among what was sold. I have to think that it was overlooked by a lot of people as it was one of the secondary preview images in lot 90, which was just kind of a mix.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:52 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Absolutely. I browsed the lots in person on Tuesday and the image is beautiful. Scan doesn't do it justice. Definitely a hidden gem among what was sold. I have to think that it was overlooked by a lot of people as it was one of the secondary preview images in lot 90, which was just kind of a mix.
Christies is always a crap shoot. The people there who manage these auctions honestly don't know much about collecting baseball stuff. Sometimes they talk something up that is not so great; sometimes they flat out misdescribe items that are far more important than what's advertised, and other times they just botch it up completely and don't even attempt to adequate describe the lot.

I remember last year there were photos that were in original cabinets that were not even photographed.

I bought a lot of 50 Conlons today. I hope there are a few surprises hiding in there to.

Nice catch.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-05-2018 at 02:54 PM.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:56 PM
Paul Herbener

Quote:
One of my winnings:

Love that photo Andrew! I got crazy at work and missed out on the lots I was bidding on... Oh well..
Old 04-06-2018, 10:16 AM

How about the Day 2 bidding? If we weren't in the process of building a house, I would've bid on that Clarke archive. What a lot! I would love to sift through it.
Anyways, I wasn't the high bidder on the documents lots, one of which I regret not getting, but I did get the Rafael Almeida lot, the Puerto Rican league calendar, and the Wilmer Fields collection marathon.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:21 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey19thcentury View Post
How about the Day 2 bidding? If we weren't in the process of building a house, I would've bid on that Clarke archive. What a lot! I would love to sift through it.
Anyways, I wasn't the high bidder on the documents lots, one of which I regret not getting, but I did get the Rafael Almeida lot, the Puerto Rican league calendar, and the Wilmer Fields collection marathon.
You got some nice stuff!!

That Clarke lot is going to depress the price of Barney Dreyfuss autographs I think. That is like 70 new examples. Might double the known amount.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitey19thcentury View Post
If you're interested in selling one of the many Fields checks in that lot, please let me know
Old 04-06-2018, 01:07 PM
P@u1 R31fer$0n

Default Lot 72

If anyone won lot 72 (Conlons), please DM me. Thanks
Old 04-06-2018, 01:35 PM
Fred

Lot 20 - Cabinets.

The Tiernan Hall cabinet (N338 image) was sold in a Heritage auction for over $7K about a dozen years ago. It ends up in this auction and sells for less than 33% of the Heritage final hammer and this lot had an N566 and two other cabinets with it. Someone take a huge bath on this?

If anyone picked up Lot 132 (19th C letters) and wants to sell anything, please let me know.