NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 01-10-2014, 07:45 PM
Banned

Default Babe Ruth auto

Anybody know of any nice bold Babe Ruth autographs for under $3k? Seems like all the ones ive seen on ebay are very high priced.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

3000 is gonna be tough to find a good one anywhere.

I'll sell mine for less than I paid for it if your willing to come up a little.

3800 on here. Shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181206136797...ht_1048wt_1358

I just need the dough for something else, its priced low at 4200, compared to some of the much weaker ones priced more than that.

I got a quote from one auction that asked me to consign it said it should go at a conservative estimate of 4000-6500.

So it's a nice deal for 3800. Indeed.
Old 01-10-2014, 09:36 PM
Banned

Is there any of you that wouldnt buy a ruth auto if you had the money? The reason why I ask is because Ive been reading alot about all the ruth forgeries that have passed through some of the major companies as authentic. Just wanted peoples feedback on their opinion regarding his auto
Old 01-10-2014, 09:56 PM
Scott R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF1981 View Post
Anybody know of any nice bold Babe Ruth autographs for under $3k? Seems like all the ones ive seen on ebay are very high priced.
Finding a quality Ruth auto (assuming you're talking about a cut auto for that price range) is a tall task. If you're able to raise your price range just a bit (low $3k's) some do become available...not all that often, but it does happen. Patience is the key.

To put it in poker terms...need to be tight-aggressive. Wait for the good deals...but when they surface, pull the trigger quick, as they won't be around long.
Old 01-11-2014, 01:09 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Default If you are patient, and willing to accept less than the best . . .

. . . I think your $3000 ceiling is workable for a decent flat. It may be a cut, or perhaps signed in pencil, or not the boldest shade of ink. But if you are both patient, and capable of acting quickly when the opportunity presents itself, yes, I think $3000 is plenty. Just remember that a seller's reputation, knowledge, and experience are VERY important considerations when buying one of the most forged autographs in the marketplace. If the price is too good to be true, likely so is the autograph. My suggestion would be to personally contact each one of the top-notch autograph dealers with Old Cardboard, introduce yourself, explain specifically what you are looking for and/or willing to accept, your ceiling price, and ask for them to contact you first, when they obtain a suitable item(s). I personally have dealt with many of these gentlemen over the years and would not hesitate to do as I have suggested if I was in the market for a decent Ruth (or other superstar) autograph.

It was only a couple of months ago when this gem (IMO) was offered by one of the top-notch gentlemen I referred to above (I was really, really tempted, but I foolishly used some emotional constraint - stupid, stupid me - what was I trying to prove to myself):

item 102 http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=178813