NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 06-21-2016, 12:50 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanksAndSpartans View Post
I noticed a set jumped in front of me on the registry. When I looked closer, it was this: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistr...?s=215326&ac=1 Should be interesting. I'm 99% sure I don't get the REA catalog, I never bid with them - they seem to really focus on the high end of the market.
Interesting. Which set yours, John? Jumped ahead of me too!

That's a nice set but wouldn't be surprised if the person(s) who purchase it split it up and sell them off individually.

jeff
Old 06-21-2016, 01:45 PM
John

Hey Jeff, I'm at #17 now on the current registry (I still have the Dez Hood moniker at CU, but I asked Leon to change it over here.)

Often I think they auction the cards off both individually and as a set and see which one sells for more, right? If I was the seller, I don't think I'd want to sell it as a set.....

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 06-21-2016 at 01:47 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:30 AM
John

Did anyone bid on this Nagurski: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-Nationa.../142024335634?

I got an email saying my bid was cancelled and now it just shows the item as ended.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Jeff P

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanksAndSpartans View Post
Did anyone bid on this Nagurski: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1935-Nationa.../142024335634?

I got an email saying my bid was cancelled and now it just shows the item as ended.
Yeah, I'm sure the "error" was an off-line price he couldn't ignore. What was it up to before bidding stopped?

jeff
Old 06-23-2016, 06:58 PM
John

I think it was around 3200 - with several days left, that isn't bad at all. There's no rule against ending auctions early - just seems really odd a consigner would do so.
Old 07-23-2016, 01:27 AM
John

Default Another Setbreak

Another collector bailed on the Chicle set this week .

A near complete set (I think only the Nagurski was missing, but I’m not sure and I think it was a PSA registry set as one was recently deleted, but I’m not sure on that either) was auctioned off on eBay recently (the auction ended this past Monday night 07-18-16). It was a really nice set. Did it belong to a board member?

I’d actually prefer to see the cards auctioned off much slower (a few at a time if I had my way) - what tends to happen to me on these set breaks is I bid lower knowing I really don’t want to win so many cards (spend so much) at once.

I narrowed it down to about 10 targets, then on the last day I threw out 3 that had gone high early and set 7 snipes. 2/7 snipes were on the last two cards I need to finish the set, but I missed on both. I wound up picking up two upgrades which I’m happy about, but I sure would have liked to have gotten a couple more. It’s the second time I actually missed on the same Dutch Clark and same Tom Jones. I guess it says something that I’ve been at it long enough that I’m recognizing specific examples.

Based just on my own casual observation, prices on mid-grade Chicles are still down from where they were about a year and a half ago, but I think the key cards are still getting strong prices in mid-grade. I had my eye on a PSA 5 Dutch Clark that went for around 560 and a PSA 5 Bernie Masterson that went for around 600. My snipes were looking for a bargain on those and there wasn't one to be had.

My Prior Mikulak had almost no right border and a mark by his face, so even though the text bleeds through on this new one, I still prefer it.

I liked my old Johnston, but both the L/R centering and corners are stronger on this new one, although the new one has a few more surface imperfections.

Did anyone else bid/win?

Here are my two:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18_Mikulak_Front_6.jpg (78.1 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg 32_Johnston_Front_4.jpg (79.4 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 07-23-2016 at 01:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:17 AM
Jeff P

Saw that set, John. Very nice pickups!

There's a couple of Nags on ebay right now that are getting a lot of attention as well.

jeff
Old 07-23-2016, 08:13 AM
John

Thanks Jeff!