NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Brad Green

Default Another Question Regarding Net54 Auctions: Final Price...

Here is another question about net54 B.S.T. auctions that deserves to be discussed. This bothers me even more than the time stamp issue that I brought up last night.

Here goes:

Suppose the following bids were placed on a net54 B.S.T. auction prior to the auction closing.

Bidder #1: $100
Bidder #2: $150
Bidder #3: $200

Bidder #3 has won the auction, because he has the highest bid. But how much does he pay for the card? Does he pay $200? Or does he pay some bid increment over $150?

It seems to me that bid increments should be specified in the B.S.T. auctions, but I rarely see them mentioned.

I am anxious to hear your thoughts on this... Does the seller expect bidder #3 to pay $200? Or should he pay $152 (or some bid increment over $150)? Should sellers be required to list a bid increment in the rules of the auction?
Old 06-24-2009, 07:58 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

$200, but I like the way you think.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:00 PM
Matt Wieder

Once again, it's up to the seller.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my guess

First of all if it doesn't say to bid a specific increment then I would guess he/she would need to pay $200. If that is what the person wants to bid who am I to say? They could have bid $150.01 but they didn't. It is an ambigous way to do an auction and hopefully this thread will help this predicament not to happen. The board has pretty much said we don't want rules but should there be a few things as a sticky that need to just be said, such as ending time, shipping fees (at least if winners do or don't pay shipping) and bid increments? Just a thought to try to help. I am in no way favoring having any rules I am just throwing this out there as a possible solution to some things that really should be mentioned. regards
Old 06-24-2009, 09:24 PM
Bob.T*th

Default Pay What You Bid

You should pay whatever amount you bid. If bidder 3 bids 200, they pay 200. All bids can be seen. If bidder 3 didn't want to spend 200, he should bid the minimum above the current high bid. I can see lots of problems with your scenario.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 PM
Jeff

Since it takes more than $200 to top bidder #3, I am assuming as the seller that he intends to pay $200. You should bid what you intend to pay if you win.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:37 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Since it takes more than $200 to top bidder #3, I am assuming as the seller that he intends to pay $200. You should bid what you intend to pay if you win.

Agree. Otherwise you would get bids like.

Bidder #1: $100
Bidder #2: $150
Bidder #3: $2000.00

Bidder #3 shuts everybody else out because the bids are public and wins the card for $152.00.