NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-07-2017, 10:46 AM

Default A few board policies - BST, PMs.....

I'll second the notion that it'd be interesting if people chose to keep the prices (at least the initial list price). Many listings seem to tend to be finalized via PM anyways.

But I certainly don't begrudge those who remove them by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mattjc1983; 01-07-2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:10 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattjc1983 View Post
I'll second the notion that it'd be interesting if people chose to keep the prices (at least the initial list price). Many listings seem to tend to be finalized via PM anyways.

But I certainly don't begrudge those who remove them by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like a good idea and a great resource for current market prices.

Then again you still have at least one seller who post items without a price and all he does is entertain offers without any obligation to sell. Then he picks and chooses who he responds to based in what he deems is the market price. Just using the Net54 resources for his gain.. he is a smart person I've heard.

Last edited by BeanTown; 01-07-2017 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:18 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post

Then again you still have at least one seller who post items without a price and all he does is entertain offers without any obligation to sell. Then he picks and chooses who he responds to based in what he deems is the market price. Just using the Net54 resources for his gain.. he is a smart person I've heard.
LOL if it is the same guy I am thinking of I am not sure a 52 Topps Mantle would get his 1990 Donruss common even up. If you are talking strictly a seller then I also know who but it is a different person.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:35 PM
Fred

Personally, I like to see the sale price left in the page but I guess there's a good reason that people delete this information. It's nice to see historical pricing information.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:58 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post

Are you implying that it's bad business not to list prices? My favorites are the ones who post no photos. It let's you use your imagination. And no photos no prices is the BEST.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-07-2017, 05:08 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Are you implying that it's bad business not to list prices? My favorites are the ones who post no photos. It let's you use your imagination. And no photos no prices is the BEST.
Totally. I remember a no price, no photo, no grade post, and then the seller followed up with a "can't believe there's no interest" type of post. Comedy.
Old 01-08-2017, 07:50 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
Totally. I remember a no price, no photo, no grade post, and then the seller followed up with a "can't believe there's no interest" type of post. Comedy.
You also get the guys that are 'now taking offers', then are offended at the offers.
Old 01-08-2017, 08:42 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
You also get the guys that are 'now taking offers', then are offended at the offers.
oooh, good call. I don't think anyone could insult me with an offer. It's not an emotional situation.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-08-2017, 09:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
oooh, good call. I don't think anyone could insult me with an offer. It's not an emotional situation.
I can see both points of view. I have seen someone say they are taking offers on a 5 figure card and also say, please don't lowball me, or something like, "lowball offers will get no response". However someone wants to sell is up to them.

I guess a few other things are worth mentioning while we are here too (not aimed at you, Scott). If anyone posts 20+ threads, in a single day in one of the BST forums, expect some flack and pushback. There won't be rules to ensure common sense. Those issues will be taken as one offs.

I had a member tell me he didn't think he had made a deal on a $50 BST transaction, yesterday, when he told the other party "Let's do it". I asked him to help me understand how that wasn't a commitment?
That being said he didn't respond to multiple attempts by the other party to get ahold of him to consummate the deal afterwards. When I asked him about it 5 days after he said "Let's do it" (yesterday) he said it wasn't a big deal and big whoopdi-do. I let him know it is a big whoopdi-do, on this board, when you blow someone off on completing a deal OR AT LEAST communicating about it after it was done. He went onto tell me he has done over 100 deals on the board and all were great. I basically said "great, but why did you blow this other guy off on this deal?" After some more excuses and squirming the guy thought the other guy was wrong and I was wrong. I said thanks. Suffice it to say he is on a short leash. The whole thing reminded me of any issue where someone is blamed for something and their immediate response is "you can't prove it".....nuff said.

ps...after brief communications BBB is back on the BST, 25 of his 26 threads not so much

Last edited by Leon; 01-08-2017 at 10:13 AM.