NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 11-01-2010, 03:35 PM
JJ

Default Dogs

My dogs ate my PSA card holder and chewed right threw it. Oddly enough they didn't mess with the portion containing a n28 John L. Sullivan. I was able to get it out and up on examination no damage to the card (thank the LORD)! I have the tab inside (partially bitten off like Mr. McGruff I should upload a picture). Just curious if I was to resubmit would I be subjected to new grading or would the 4 on the the label stand? I like my dogs so I will let them get away with a rather common but... and before you ask why the card was out... No excuses, I left it upstairs after showing my nephew during a BBQ within the dogs' reach so no need for the "why was it near the damn dogs" comments needed. Any thoughts? LOLs accepted.
Thanks,
Old 11-01-2010, 06:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default very nice

Very nice JJ. Why was it near the dogs anyway ?

I did the same thing one time, left a card out that was in a toploader....my dog got it and chewed up the toploader but didn't damage the card. I have a feeling the grading company will want to regrade it. It might be best to call and talk to customer service.....
Old 11-01-2010, 07:07 PM
JJ

Default Why it was out

I left a box of graded cards on my guest room bed. Lets just say the dogs were gracious.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:39 AM
Dave

A few weeks ago one of our cats heaved up a messy hairball on a bunch of baseball photos I left out in the open.

The dogs have always been remarkably responsible around cards, memorabilia and our personal belongings. We keep plenty of toys around the house for them to chew on if they want to, and they don't really stray into items they aren't supposed to.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:06 PM
JJ

Default My dogs have everything

My dogs are just insane. They eat and kill everything. I think I will just keep them outside where they like it lol.
Thanks,
-John
Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 PM
Jon Canfield

Am i the only one who really wants to see a picture? Glad the card is OK because this sounds hysterical!
Old 11-03-2010, 05:00 PM
JJ

Default On the way

I will post it. Finishing up a smoked brisket. Will have it posted later tonight(Note to self get scan before drinking beer).
Old 11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
I will post it. Finishing up a smoked brisket. Will have it posted later tonight(Note to self get scan before drinking beer).
The brisket will be posted?

Surely you jest.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 11-03-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:02 AM
JJ

Default I do jest...

No brisket picks exhibit dude. Will have the mentioned card and partially chewed PSA slab in the scan.
Thanks,
Old 11-05-2010, 06:10 AM
JJ

Default Solid evidence!!!

My dogs took a bite out my collection!!!!! Here is the pic guys!!!!