NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-14-2003, 07:13 PM
Administrator

Default Nice eBay Ruth Collection - not?

Posted By: Rob

Found some interesting items from "saucerjack". I collect alot of autographs and he has at least two out of three Ruth autographs that are suspect to say the least. But he also has all four '33 Goudey Ruth cards in VG-EX condition that he has for $333 (buy it now price). Any thoughts?

Old 11-14-2003, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

Are you kidding me? He mentions a lab in the description, and he has a fake to show with the "real" McCoy, is faking you out. Plus Private auction and he's from NY... I'll pass, TY very much.

Old 11-14-2003, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: MW

With the possible exception of the brown muddied autograph ball, all items he is selling are fake. Unfortunately, some will probably be fooled by the side-by-size comparison of the reprinted Babe Ruth Goudeys. In each case, however, the cards on the left still exhibit several signs of a reprint. For instance, the cropping on #149 and #181 is different than on the originals (look at the edge of the inner picture and compare it to the real thing). Another tell-tale sign is that the red portion of a real Goudey that contains the words "Big League Chewing Gum" usually extends beyond the edge of the inner colored borders.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:10 PM
Administrator

I have to assume that the toned ball is also suspect based on the remaining lots he has for sale. I don't know much about the cards but I would have to assume that they were reprints based on autograph lots. Plus, the price seems to good to be true.

Old 11-15-2003, 08:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

combination on the Arnold and Ruth photos........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=27265&item=2766014797

I'm sure the synergies gained by adding those two together will help the item sell quicker.

Old 11-15-2003, 08:53 AM
Administrator

saucerjack has pulled the Goudy cards. Noticed another Ruth autograph that he sold that looks like my 4 year old daughter (for only $400).

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=53&item=2765220067