NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default William Bustos, Whittier, CA - eBay: callofduty2005 AVOID AVOID AVOID

Posted By: JudgeDred2

He may not be the smartest guy out there because he indicated NO PAPER LOSS in the auction for the PSA7 card that had paper loss.

He can pretty much hide behind the thrid party grading if he sells the cards in PSA slabs. His only problem is that he shouldnit indicate that a card doesn't have a flaw that is obviously on the card. If he was smart he'd just let the slab sell the card. There are plenty of people out there that buy the slab and not the card.

Old 11-19-2006, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

"While I was exaggerating, my point was that I, for example, have sold at least ten PSA 5-6 T206 cards with visible creases or evidence of trimming on ebay because those cards would (obviously) not cross into an SGC holder."

Can you tell me your EBAY ID so I don't bid on any of your cards. Thanks.

Frank

Old 11-19-2006, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Dave,

I understand that you feel wronged, and even think that you have a point. There are two sides to this - the "seller disclosure side" and the "professional graders are responsible side". I think the balance may be more in your favor even though I can see how the seller may have missed the paper loss in a quick glance.

If I were you, I would be mad as hell no matter who was at fault - the seller or the grader. Bottom line is that you are the one that is out the money for now.

But ... I don't know if I would use this forum as a vehicle for an anti-seller campaign that will continue to escalate, as your last post suggested. We routinely warn others here of problematic sellers, but that's the extent of those posts - warning other collectors. I don't remember seeing one that was used as a "campaign" against a seller.

I also see that you have left the seller two negative feedbacks for apparently the same bad transaction. It looks like one of the negatives was left for a different purchase, but the complaint appears to apply to this transaction (unless there was a similar problem with that purchase also). So you were able to get your message out by another vehicle too.

I understand your frustration, but at some point I hope you cool off and reconsider use of this forum or thread against this seller. I think everyone here has been warned, and I myself will be sure to ask very clear questions of this seller in the future if I ever consider any of his auctions.

But I don't know if there's anyone here that hasn't opened a graded card and had that heart-sinking feeling of realizing that the card does not deserve the grade - and sometimes in a big way. Maybe not for as much money as you are out here, but similar experiences nonetheless. I now will usually be much more careful about graded cards for high dollars, regardless of seller, because of the exact same lesson learned the hard way - I made incorrect assumptions about the card based on the holder.

Just my two cents' worth, if it's even worth that.

Joann

Old 11-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: DR

http://www.collectabit.com/paperloss>

Joann,

Thanks for the reply. I am actually talking about (2) different card purchases and not the same transaction from WILLAIM BUSTOS. The other T206 is pictured above. It was listed without any comments and has (2) large paper loss spots on the back. callofduty2005 is selling cards with paper loss, writing and creases. The only problem is the low resolution scans HIDE the damage and the seller does not list or mention ANY flaws (OR claims no flaws when flaws exists and refuses to accept refunds). When the seller does grant a refund, in rare cases, the process is VERY difficult, the buyer pays for shipping both ways, and the seller makes a huge stink. This is crazy when it is obvious callofduty2005 is cheating people. I am posting to prevent board members from ending up getting taken by this fraudulent seller. You mentioned making an assumption. I made an assumption based on the listing description and CONTRACT. To me, this is not an assumption but statement of fact by the seller. If this statement of fact was not made, I would have requested high resolution scans before purchasing the card for obvious reasons. Once again, this is NOT a PSA, SGC, GAI debate. It is to point out fraudulent business practices. I feel this is an important message because the cards for sale are what board members are buying daily.

Thank you.

David

Old 11-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Dave:

To answer your question: Yes, it would be crazy to file a police report over this.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

http://forums.ebay.com/db2/thread.jspa?threadID=2000192543&tstart=40&mod=1154737320126

The tear looks repaired to me too!

Original thread:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/thread/1154548012/last-1154664681/Seriously%2C+how+is+this+a++5

Old 11-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Isn't PSA supposed to be able to detect "card doctoring"? Look how off centered that card is. I don't understand the "5" grade w/o and OC qualifier at a minimum.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

But it proves a point. If you are a dealer or plan to sell your cards make sure that you have them graded by PSA.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot Reader

Fred,

I have never seen an OC qualifier on a card that grades less than PSA 6. OC qualifiers are typically reserved for cards that grade PSA 7 or higher--although I have owned one PSA 6 OC [T206 Hart (Little Rock)].

I personally don't see the evidence of card doctoring, though.

Scot

Old 11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: fkw

DR... why do you keep bidding on "callofduuty2005" cards and leaving negative feedback? I see you have done it 3 times in the last day.

You have completely crossed the line IMO!

Please dont ever bid on anything I list.

Your beef should be with PSA

Bottom line.....If you dont like the PSA grade...Dont buy a card graded by PSA!
They are the ones you should have a beef with!

Old 11-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Administrator

I have not bid on ANY cards, since the first card arrived. All of my bids were placed BEFORE the PSA 7 listed with NO PAPER LOSS arrived with PAPER LOSS. Once again, one of my issues with William Bustos is because in the listing, he stated 'NO PAPER LOSS'. I made the incorrect assumption, a detailed high resolution scan (from and back) was not necessary because the seller took the liberty of describing the reverse. This is what I call crossing the line. Another card arrived with back damage (creases and paper loss). He made no mention of this also and the scans were low resolution (most likely intentionally hiding faults). If I continued to bid and post feedback, yes, I would agree about crossing the line. All of my posts have been factual data.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

David,

Was there also a problem with the Caruthers you left feedback on today? Or was the neg feedback a result of the other problems you've had with this seller?

J

Old 11-20-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

(2) out of the (3) cards have major issues, not disclosed and/or stated false descriptions in the listing. Fortunately, the Caruthers is the only card that looks OK (but better take a much closer look under a loop). The way the seller handles returns or objections is reprehensible. The scans (to all his auctions) are all low resolution and fuzzy. The seller makes no mention of condition in most of his auctions (for obvious reasons). With a no return policy, buyer beware. I paid in full for the (3) cards and received (3) negatives. I have no problem leaving scathing feedback.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott

It was slabbed. Fight city hall and BTW, you over paid for the card.

Old 11-20-2006, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

did you figure out how to use a scanner so you can sell me some cards yet?

Koteles,why dont you show these home noys some of your choice e-mails you received from Call of Puke via your E-102 Evers fiasco?? Don't you recognize that this is the same clown you purchased that card from who gave you so much grief?

And guys,it's pretty obvious he sells cards:

a) doctored by someone else ( and I can guess)
b) for this other person because call of puke is under capitalized to own these cards in the first place.

On another note,isn't selling cards through your web site devoid of a resale license an issue for some? You know what I mean!

BcD

Old 11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Koteles

I simply will never deal with somebody that is that angry at the world.

Old 11-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott

No Brian I haven't . I did however learn how to use a
digital camera. Aren't scanners out of date?
Peace

Old 11-20-2006, 10:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C. Daniels

to see details but if you can than power to you. post a sample that would be cool Scott. Come on Dan post callofbuttcheeses e-mails if you have them. He delayed delivery to you because he had to go get the card from the consignor is my guess.

BcD

Old 11-26-2006, 02:46 PM
Administrator

AVOID AVOID AVOID

Old 11-26-2006, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

DR, how is this guy a card doctor? Didn't he sell a PSA-encased card with some pencil writing on it? If he was a doctor, wouldn't he have cracked the card out and erased the markings? Or did you just want to bump this thread to the top because WILLIAM BUSTOS, the WILLIAM BUSTOS was on the other end of a deal that you didn't enjoy?

Old 11-26-2006, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: NetJr

I'm probably blind as a bat but in looking at the close scan on here I can't see the errors you speak of. Obviously William Bustos or DR have issues with PSA, but instead they now have negative feedbacks due to their transaction. Which is sad because they both had pretty darn good feedbacks before....pissing contests never leave anyone dry

Old 11-26-2006, 04:41 PM
Administrator

I purchased (3) cards and (2) were altered. The T-206 has paper loss on the reverse too with no mention of this fact in the descriptions. If you want to fault me, fine. However, I think you should know about the low resolutions scans (hiding faults), no mention of faults or blatent lies and several other poeple having the same problems with the same seller. This is a public service! Ignore this or internalize it but this could save you from the wrath of a huckster. On the N162, look at the top right. I do not mind taking negatives to expose a fraudulent seller.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

David,

I have been dealing with PSA as well as the other grading companies longer than most here and have never been told by PSA that their guarantee is limited only to the original submitter of the card. I am not sure who you spoke with at PSA but you need to call back and speak to Joe Orlando. Or send the card in with a note on a submission form to his attention. The most recent Form 10-Q filing clearly articulates their guarantee (see below).

I think your issue really is with the grading company if the N162 has the flaws you have identified. In addition, the raw card you bought was identified as trimmed, interestingly enough. I suppose he should have mentioned if it had paper loss on the reverse but you were already buying a severely flawed card.

Greg

Grading Warranty Costs . We offer a limited warranty covering the coins, sportscards, stamps and currency that we authenticate and grade. Under the warranty, if any collectible that was previously authenticated and graded by us is later submitted to us for re-grading and either (i) receives a lower grade upon that resubmittal or (ii) is determined not to have been authentic, we will offer to purchase the collectible or pay the difference in value of the item at its original grade as compared with its lower grade. However, this warranty is voided if the collectible, upon resubmittal to us, is not in the same tamper resistant holder in which it was placed at the time we last graded it. We offer a similar limited warranty, of one year’s duration, on the diamonds we grade. We accrue for estimated warranty costs based on historical trends and related experience. To date our reserves have proved to be adequate. However, if warranty claims were to increase in relation to historical trends and experience, we would be required to increase our warranty reserves and incur additional charges that would adversely affect our results of operations in those periods during which the warranty reserve is increased.

Old 12-31-2006, 10:06 PM
Administrator

Thank you for your cooperation during the investigation of the Standard Purchase Protection Claim #X.

I am pleased to inform you that this claim has been found on your behalf. A claim payment will be issued via PayPal within the next 45 days in the amount of $175.00 through eBay, Inc. Payment will be sent to you at the following email address:

William Bustos is back at it again:

Item number: 280064786026 (listed as NM - MT but has paper loss on the reverse Ci missing)
http://webpages.charter.net/fabb2929/12t202001

Item number: 280064786015 (writing - large 99 and/or 49 on the reverse with no mention)

I could go on and on but take this as a warning, the eBay 'optimized' low resolution images / descriptions are hiding faults and simply incorrect. If you bid, buyer beware!

Old 01-01-2007, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Wow. Oddly enough, I found myself thinking about this thread sometime in the past few days and wondering why it hadn't been bumped for awhile. Thought maybe even it was gone for good.

And now today, here it is again. Let it go DR. Stop bringing your individual vendetta to the top all the time. You had your space to vent and rant, fine. Now please stop inventing reasons to renew its visibility every few weeks.

If you do want to keep bringing it up forever, then please at least edit the title so that the person's name and ebay id aren't in it. Everyone says that you can skip any thread you don't want to read and that's true. But if the message is in the title, the message is unavoidable just by being here.

Joann Kline