NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default My experience with LOTG

I recently won an auction from LOTG.
This is the Lot...

https://loveofthegameauctions.com/Lo...entoryid=14067

After paying in a timely manner (check cashed by
AH on 12/10/17) and inquiring as to the status of my order.. I was told that my order had been 'misplaced or lost' and to 'wait a few days' while he looked into it. I waited...

Subsequently, I have since been told that the lot I rightfully won has been 'lost'. The explanation was .. ' I must have sent them to someone else' and 'Companies of all sizes make mistakes'...

On 12/28 (Thursday) Al told me that the Lot was 'lost' and that he would send a check out to me ''this week''....

Well as of today... 1/8.. no check and no cards... I still expect a check but why the hold up?

My name is Frank Horvath and I stand 100% by everything I've said here.

CAMNITZ HAH BACK RUN PROJECT:

T206 Camnitz (HAH) AB 460 / SC Fact 25 and OP / EPDG (Upgrade Needed)

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins

Last edited by botport; 01-10-2018 at 06:09 AM. Reason: edited title ... and title only
Old 01-08-2018, 06:33 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Thats a terrible experience. I wonder if that was a good price.

Anyway, i wont bid on any of their auctions or consign.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:35 PM
Joshua
J0shua Le.vine

I would not worry, Al will make it right. He runs a great auction and has always been a stand up guy. Keep in mind also, the east coast is getting crushed right now and the USPS has issued an advisory, so your check might be delayed.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:49 PM
Al Richter

My experiences with LOTG and Al have all been great.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:03 PM
David McDonald

Some day when the sun sets for the last time on old Kawika my collection will be auctioned off by LOTG. (The catalog is going to be a corker). I trust Al like a brother. If it were me I would wait for him to make things right. He will.
Old 01-08-2018, 06:52 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post
I would not worry, Al will make it right. He runs a great auction and has always been a stand up guy. Keep in mind also, the east coast is getting crushed right now and the USPS has issued an advisory, so your check might be delayed.

Great auction ? ... Does that mean losing buyers cards?

Sorry I disagree.

East coast snow... ok true... I am dealing with that also but have within the last 5 days confirmed deliveries from PA to MN and NJ.

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 01-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by botport View Post
Great auction ? ... Does that mean losing buyers cards?

Sorry I disagree.

East coast snow... ok true... I am dealing with that also but have within the last 5 days confirmed deliveries from PA to MN and NJ.
I had an auction a few years ago where someone accidentally sent me the wrong card. Not LOTG. A more valuable card. I made it right. Took some time.
Sometimes things happen. No one is perfect.
As far as I know Al has one other person working with him. It it was a mistake, once you get your check you are in no worse position than you were the day before the auction started. I'd suggest taking a deep breath and calm down. Not saying I wouldn't be frustrated to but this will be made right.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-08-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:40 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default To Steve...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I had an auction a few years ago where someone accidentally sent me the wrong card. Not LOTG. A more valuable card. I made it right. Took some time.
Sometimes things happen. No one is perfect.
As far as I know Al has one other person working with him. It it was a mistake, once you get your check you are in no worse position than you were the day before the auction started. I'd suggest taking a deep breath and calm down. Not saying I wouldn't be frustrated to but this will be made right.

PS. "My sad experience" is a tad melodramatic, no?

Steve.. I have always appreciated your comments, that's why I will respond to you. There is no need to 'take a breath' ... 'calm down' as you say... I've only relayed facts...

FH

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 01-08-2018, 06:53 PM
Mark Hooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wite3 View Post

+100000. Al is a great stand up guy. With the mail being slowed by the weather, it will be there any day. I am in Charleston, SC and we got hit with a snowstorm (worse in 30 years) and didn't get mail from Wed-Sat. Finally got mail today.

Mark
Old 01-08-2018, 06:59 PM
Al

Quote:
My name is Frank Horvath and I stand 100% by everything I've said here.
I will also stand 100% by everything that Frank says here.

He won the lot in question, and paid very quickly. His check was deposited on December 10, and his order was pulled and put into the queue to be packed and shipped.

After not receiving any sort of tracking number, Frank reached out to me December 20 to inquire about the status of his order. Since I had no record of the order having shipped, I asked him for a couple of days to get to the bottom of it, and on December 28, I sent Frank an email advising him that I could not locate the package. Best I can guess, his cards were packed up with someone else's order and shipped to them in error. I offered him a full refund, and told him that he could have the refund in the form of a check or auction credit, whichever he would prefer (some folks like the credit).

Frank responded that he had no need for an auction credit because he'd never be bidding with LOTG again. I responded that I understood his frustration, took complete blame for the error, and DID say that "companies in every industry certainly do make mistakes occasionally."

I cut and mailed a check for the amount in full the following day, December 29.

This thread is, unfortunately, the first I am learning that Frank has not received his check, and once again, Frank, for that I apologize. I did cut the check, and I did mail the check, for the amount in full. Perhaps the combination of a holiday weekend and rancid weather in the Northeast is to blame for it not arriving at this point, so I will suggest we give it a couple of days, and if the check is not there by then I will stop payment on the check and PayPal you the money, and absorb all fees.

It is absolutely my goal to be 100% perfect in every transaction, with every lot and with every order. Sadly, despite the lofty goal, occasionally we make a mistake that is 100% in our control and we simply fall down. When that happens, we do our best to make it 100% right in every case.

I'll also stand 100% by everything I've said here.

Happy New Year, Frank, and everyone else as well.

-Al

Last edited by Al C.risafulli; 01-08-2018 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 07:09 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post
I will also stand 100% by everything that Frank says here.

-Al

I will scan a copy of the envelope and postmark to this thread when it arrives...

T206 Magee Portrait
T206 Walsh
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
T206 Shag
T206 E Collins
Old 01-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Al

Quote:
I will scan a copy of the envelope and postmark to this thread when it arrives...
Sounds great. I'd be curious to see that myself, since the letter carrier picks up the mail from the box just outside this office every afternoon. If you post the check, which I hope you do, I'd appreciate if you'd obscure the bank account number.

-Al
Old 01-08-2018, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by botport View Post
Frank, Al has proven to the vast majority of this board about his being a stand up auction house owner and person. You are treating him like he is the guy with socks on the floor holding up a superimposed T206 Wagner for sale.

You will find the board are overwhelmingly on his side. Sorry you have had some issues...stuff happens, and it is the true test of a man's character how they handle it.

Brian Park:er
Old 01-12-2018, 02:51 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al C.risafulli View Post

I'll also stand 100% by everything I've said here.
Hmmm....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg attachment.jpg (75.4 KB, 358 views)
Old 01-13-2018, 07:13 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Welp...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Closed Thread