NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-02-2017, 10:02 AM
Marty H.

Default Dallas area card shops

Gonna be in the Dallas area in a few weeks to watch the Jays whip the Rangers, just wondering if any card shops in the area carry a good stock of prewar? Any tips would be hepful.

Thanks, Marty
Old 06-02-2017, 10:24 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Only one I know of is Nick's (a bit north of Dallas but not far) and you might call first. I heard he might have sold out. I am sure another board member *(maybe Rich K) knows more... If you have time to catch a lunch while in town shoot me a PM....

http://www.nickscards.net/

Last edited by Leon; 06-02-2017 at 10:25 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:01 PM
Rich Klein

Even closer to me in Plano is Triple Cards at Park and Ave K in Plano.

Tell me when you are coming in and what you are looking for and I'll see if there is anything else other than Nick's and Triple Cards to tell you about
Old 06-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Rich Klein

And I would be happy to have lunch as well near either store. There are great options near Nick's from "chains" to local delis, Chinese places, pizza places, Dallas homestyle places, etc.

While pre-war at any of these stores I mentioned are few and far between, they both have a decent enough selection of other card/memorabilia where they are worth a trip. They are about 45 minutes (not during rush hour) from the Ballpark in Arlington. (Ameriquest)

Rich
Old 06-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Rich Klein

"Only one I know of is Nick's (a bit north of Dallas but not far) and you might call first. I heard he might have sold out. I am sure another board member *(maybe Rich K) knows more... If you have time to catch a lunch while in town shoot me a PM...."

Nick sold out about a year ago, the new owner is Dean and he loves old cards and is a bit of a collector himself. The store is doing very well with the new ownership.

Al, who owns Triple Cards is very funny in many ways.

I do recommend both stores heartily
Old 06-02-2017, 05:36 PM
Marty H.

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. As for the lunch, not sure of our schedule, so I'll have refrain from any commitment, but will PM if I find down time. I will also be at the national in Chicago, so hopefully I will get to meet some fellow net54 members there.

Had to ask about card shops in town, can't leave any stone unturned in my Gibson search.

Marty.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:32 PM
Brad

Marty-
I live in Atlanta, but am in Dallas 3-4 times a year and there are a few places I love to hit when I'm there. Nick's card shop is one and another is Pie314 Pizza over in Carrollton.

Nick's used to have a nice selection of t206 and other tobacco cards, but they apparently sold a lot of those cards to one collector a couple years ago. Still a neat shop to go in and look around.

One of my best friends lives a few miles away in Carrollton and Pie314 is her pizza place of choice. I love it too - great low-key atmosphere and great pie!

http://www.pie314everydayeatery.com

Last edited by BradH; 06-03-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: typo
Old 06-03-2017, 02:04 PM
Rich Klein

@Brad -- same thing Leon and myself said to Marty. We'd love to have lunch with you when you come to town

2) Remember I have a monthly show in Plano not that far from Nick's. If you are in town when we have a show, come holler. Leon is usually set up at my shows

rich