NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 04-25-2018, 11:25 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default 2018 Bowman Set

With all the articles about the new Bowman set I decided to buy a box. I was floored with the poor quality of the cards, specifically the centering. As a prewar guy, I guess I just assumed new cars were pretty perfectly cut. Damm, far from it. Literally every other card looks like this. How do you cut such lousy cards with today's technology? Makes me pine for my off center 1949 Leafs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1091.jpg (52.7 KB, 107 views)

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-25-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:43 AM
Peter Spaeth

it's funny as a kid buying 60s and early 70s cards I never paid much attention at all to the centering. I guess I didn't have that Matty C. gene.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-25-2018, 11:51 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I probably get hung up on it less than a lot of other people, but some of these cards you can actually see the beginning of the next card. In 2018? You can't cut cards properly? Sheesh.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I probably get hung up on it less than a lot of other people, but some of these cards you can actually see the beginning of the next card. In 2018? You can't cut cards properly? Sheesh.
Were you chasing Ohtani? What had you read that made you want to buy these?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:42 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Were you chasing Ohtani? What had you read that made you want to buy these?
I buy a box or two a year of new cards. I like the fact that this set combined prospects and current guys in the same box. I don't follow prospects very closely but it's nice to see who the big supposed phenoms are. I assume many of them I will never see again and a few big stars. I got an auto card of Dennis Santana of the Dodgers and man he looks like the real deal right now (in the minors).

Last edited by Snapolit1; 04-25-2018 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
I buy a box or two a year of new cards. I like the fact that this set combined prospects and current guys in the same box. I don't follow prospects very closely but it's nice to see who the big supposed phenoms are. I assume many of them I will never see again and a few big stars. I got an auto card of Dennis Santana of the Dodgers and man he looks like the real deal right now (in the minors).
Grade it and sell it!!

Old 04-25-2018, 01:11 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

yeah, probably for $8.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Ah, if only you had an Orange Shimmer.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2018-Bowman...sAAOSwWyta4L2a